Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Instanced PvP Sucks.

gammorazgammoraz Member Posts: 37

Comments

• TansTans Member Posts: 240

What a waste of space.

---------------------------------------
    Why are you reading this? This is crap compared to what's above.

• d3bruts1dd3bruts1d Member Posts: 3

Considering the only "Instanced PvP" in WoW are the battlegrounds, I enjoy it. Though it depends a lot on the server, the faction, and the group. Experience may vary, would be the best way to put it.

It isn't something I do every day, which may make it more enjoyable than farming AV every day.

• domjk2310domjk2310 Member Posts: 6

why PVP is fun??? cos it's player vs player, mind vs mind, human vs human, instinct vs instinct , skills vs skills. you feel exciting, powerful and pride when u kill someone.

wow instance pvp=farming and earn exp for ranking.  they all look NPCs to me,they become honor points for my gears and weapons.......just like killing npcs for exp and money, i kill players for honor points. 20 secs later i'm still who i am with full hp/mp and i don't lose anything. i don't feel anything when i get killed or i kill others..

• findnolimitfindnolimit Member Posts: 112
    The battle grounds are simply put... a smaller game within the whole.  It's a freaking game!  A completly optional one that doesnt waist any space cause... it's an instance!  I enjoy it from time to time just as something extra to do when im not questing.  I have fun... If you dont than do the many other things the game offers.  I play on pvp servers for the chance to find and fight against other living thinking players, yes that means asshole will come and gank but its all part of the rush of fighting or ,yes, running from someone out to kill me.  Until then please stop complaining.

Thinking of strange days
    And wet-dream escapades
    Oh this summer is sweet sleep
    Because we are living day dreams

• WOWLagsWOWLags Member Posts: 115

I agree

• firemagicfiremagic Member Posts: 878

I agree.

The PvP in WoW should have been based around capturing and holding villages and/or placements with bonuses for whichever faction is on top.

The system they actually implemented is very poorly designed and seems to have been rushed.

I never played DaoC but from the huge amount I've heard about it, their PvP system craps all over WoW's.

• WillJones420WillJones420 Member Posts: 263

Capturing towns, cities, outposts, lands, etc. would have been very nice, I agree with that.  I can't say that the battlegrounds in WoW suck though, because I'm finding them enjoyable.

Even if it is too much like playing UT2K4...

• gammorazgammoraz Member Posts: 37
  • bukshotbukshot Member Posts: 277

Originally posted by findnolimit
    The battle grounds are simply put... a smaller game within the whole. It's a freaking game! A completly optional one that doesnt waist any space cause... it's an instance! I enjoy it from time to time just as something extra to do when im not questing. I have fun... If you dont than do the many other things the game offers. I play on pvp servers for the chance to find and fight against other living thinking players, yes that means asshole will come and gank but its all part of the rush of fighting or ,yes, running from someone out to kill me. Until then please stop complaining.

Nicely put!

• EnzymirEnzymir Member Posts: 14

Sry but this pvp instance are crap. Due to this instance overflow of WoW the whole WoW world is empty. No players at epl/wpl and blackrock mountain, cause all players are in an instance.

Btw: Yesterday: 4h waiting for an AV Battleground.

Im on EU burning Legion - Alliance

• jbdub1jbdub1 Member Posts: 52

i think the battlegrounds are fun even though there instanced.  Its not like UT2k4 or ne other fps cus world of warcraft is an mmo.  Ive never heard of CTF or Domination being in an mmorpg and its something different to do.  Its good that is instanced because if u dont want to play it u can avoid it without ne difficulty at all.

BTW i just got xfire so it doesnt look very convincing

• LoStCaUz3LoStCaUz3 Member Posts: 1,154

Battlegrounds are instanced, contained, and hosted on their own servers seperate from the "World" servers like every other instance in the game. That means:
    Decreased lag, less time looking for fights, more fighting, and more honor. How can you not like having instanced PvP battles? I guess it's just people always find something to cry about, is it?

20 secs later i'm still who i am with full hp/mp and i don't lose anything. i don't feel anything when i get killed or i kill others..

Does that mean you roll a paladin?

• TheWackoTheWacko Member Posts: 68
    It's not PvP in the instances, it's TvT (Team vs Team).  And it's CTF or Assault.  Sure you can just kill people without doing anything else, but it's goal oriented in the instances.