Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

07.01.2012. Situation in MO

TacanTacan Member Posts: 93

After release TC  we had a lot of actions. But TC was a pacifier, capture of cities does nothing. MO is now  boring.

many ppl leave game.

FEAR- inactiv

AQ- inactiv

FURY -inactiv

ODIN- inactiv

WSX-inactiv

Comments

• F0URTWENTYF0URTWENTY Member UncommonPosts: 349

I can confirm that these guilds are inactive

If a guild takes the time to take over a town they should be REWARDED for it, not penilised! It should not matter if the city is red or not or if there are not many players in it. They should recieve a tax for all npc purchases in the town, and the individual players that are defending the city should be rewarded by tax directly to them or as set by the guild.

In darkfall if players were in a guild that owned a city they got access to rare resources. In MO you loose PP. 

• username509username509 Member CommonPosts: 635

AQ Controls 20% of Nave.  If they were really as inactive as you say, this would not be possible.   It's fairly easy to take out a control tower guarded only by NPC's.  

Never trust a screenshot or a youtube video without a version stamp!

• TacanTacan Member Posts: 93

Originally posted by username509

AQ Controls 20% of Nave.  If they were really as inactive as you say, this would not be possible.   It's fairly easy to take out a control tower guarded only by NPC's.  

Why destroy AQ tower? and none will be, this is bored.TC does  nothing 

• darthturtle1darthturtle1 Member Posts: 208

Originally posted by username509

Wow you are right since AQ has a bunch of towers up the game is really active and surging.

lulz.

AQ put a bunch of towers up.  Everyone realized TC is smoke and mirrors so no one really cares.  Coupled with the fact the leader of thier main competition left the game or is not logging in anymore.

I not understand SV. MO  is FPS game , they  should  work  on  prediction  system ,  client / server  side,  combat system. this is core. But  they working  on  fucking  AI. 

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411

Originally posted by Tacan

I not understand SV. MO  is FPS game , they  should  work  on  prediction  system ,  client / server  side,  combat system. this is core. But  they working  on  fucking  AI. 

Well, it is a MMO after all, it needs PvE. And I think that after two years, they gave up on the "core" :P

Originally posted by Toferio

Well, it is a MMO after all, it needs PvE. And I think that after two years, they gave up on the "core" :P

They had core 2 years ago.

• ClerigoClerigo Member UncommonPosts: 400

I blame it on Obi-Wan...

• argiropargirop Member UncommonPosts: 300

You can add Wessex to innactive guilds.

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/70474-mortal-2012-a.html

Thats a thread i started yesterday but unfortunately  the usual trolls jumped right in, so i guess no serious conversation will fit under that.

Originally posted by argirop

Tou can add Wessex to innactive guilds.

Thats a thread i started yesterday but unfortunately  the usual trolls jumped right in, so i guess no serious conversation will fit under that.

I cant read, banned.

Talk about  bugs on MO forum is not accepted.150 ppl on server and 80% use bugs. They like it.

And evryone who will talk about the bugs,exploits and cheats  wiil be exposed to a fool.

all will say that -you are a troll...GMs banned u.

MO Ngen game this is not sandox or PvP PvE game

MO is PvP   Player vsPrediction

BUT SV think we need new AI..

• headenheaden Member UncommonPosts: 229

Bummer, after reading the title of the thread I thought there was going to be a Jersey Shore tie in.

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411

I cant read, banned.

Talk about  bugs on MO forum is not accepted.150 ppl on server and 80% use bugs. They like it.

And evryone who will talk about the bugs,exploits and cheats  wiil be exposed to a fool.

MO is meant to be a sandbox, not a FFA PvP arena it turned out to be, so I for once welcome devs focus to follow their original vision and focus on AI. 

Also, what does being banned has to do with being able to read the forums? Just dont log in, you can read them as a visitor (you can clear your browsers cache of mortals website in order to remove autolog on visit).

I cant read, banned.

MO is meant to be a sandbox, not a FFA PvP arena it turned out to be, so I for once welcome devs focus to follow their original vision and focus on AI. 

Also, what does being banned has to do with being able to read the forums? Just dont log in, you can read them as a visitor (you can clear your browsers cache of mortals website in order to remove autolog on visit).

U realy think after new AI alot of players return  in game?

u realy think AQ , FEAR and other guilds need new AI?

I cant read, banned.

I wouldnt mind at all even if that was the case. If MO was a pvp arena i could easily log in a couple of hours to have a little bit pvp. But how can i even do that when combat is so frickin outdated, buggy, glitchy and prediction system forces people eother to exploit it to be competitive either to base their hits and block to pure luck. I m just talking about myself here ofc and i can also understant the frustration of PVE'ers who dont have nothing else to do than mindless grind since AI simply does not exist. But the real question is for how long?

U realy think after new AI alot of players return  in game?

u realy think AQ , FEAR and other guilds need new AI?

Tbh i do believe that AQ would be interrested about AI cause they arent mindless griefers (at least the majority of them) because they simply invested long time in the game, they want it to grow and be as it was supposed to be: a good sandbox MMO and not a medieval FPS arena deathmatch. As it is about Fear since they re mindless 12 year old griefers with no ingame character and they re playing a game with known flaws exploiting the flaws, gain advantage against others and growing their e-peen (not all of them ofc but the majority unfortunately) i couldnt care less if they re coming back to the game. And trust me neither the rest of MO's playerbase. 

The first responsible for MO being as it is, is without a doubt SV but also responsible for the close to nothing population is not only SV but a big portion of current MO's population who has Fears ideals ingame. If only 18+ pegi limitation could be applied in MO, ofc the game would be pretty much in same condition because clearly SV hasnt got a clue what to do but trust me on that population would be much higher.

• BeastLord808BeastLord808 Member Posts: 2

I just rage quit MO today. I am a solo player and love the fact that there's hardly enough players to fill the server.

I really love all the concepts that MO has to offer, however SV does leave a lot to be desired in terms of PVE. I am a farmer type and enjoy building a toon to PvE and support toons for the PvE toon. I just canceled 3 accts.

But these are some reasons why I quit:

When AoC first came out I was excited only briefly. It was soooo buggy I eventually quit. MO is buggy to that extreme. With MO I was never disappointed the same way twice. Once when I was a member of Fury the server went down for reboot as it does several times every day. When it came up again our storage building was gone. No ruins, like you get when its destroyed. Just gone! We had players with stuff in there since closed beta. We could not even build a new storage building there because the socket that allowed a building to stay there was removed also. During those several days it took the one developer, Discord, to figure out what happened and fix it, we were defenseless. we had no gear. especially our reds. The GMs and councilors did feel sorry for us and gave us raw supplies so we had SOME gear but we really had to scramble to re-outfit ourselves. This all began with the Christmas patch.

When I played Darkfall, the cheaters and hackers were so never-ending I eventually accepted the fact that it was just part of the game environment and became one, too, before I finally gave up on it all together. In MO  there is a guild called RUS who have an ongoing ability to dupe supplied.  So much so that their newest recruits are handed the best armor in the game. Its true that SV has made valiant effort to stop the duping, but I really believe RUS are better programmers then SV. Its common knowledge they hack, cheat and dupe. My understanding is that Russian players have a reputation for cheating across all the MMO games.

This last thing I will mention it the straw that broke the camel's back, so to speak.  The last few days it has been becoming more and more difficult to log in. You have to try 6 or 8 times just to get in. I have 2 computers and often have more then one acct logged in at a time. But yesterday during a server event I was unable to log in a 2nd acct at all. I know this seems so very minor, however it was just enough for me to say, today "enough is enough".

This is, by NO means a complete list of the frustrations a player endures just to enjoy "a good game concept". My PvP friends have fun with the PvP but always, with each fight rage on Mumble about some SV technical issue that has them frustrated to the point of sometimes yelling in Mumble. At one point I even suggested that when there is a big battle the GM should be there in invisibility mode so they will be able to witness and bann players who walk through walls, run to fast, seem to have unending health or stamina, have disappearing hit boxes, and make impossible shots.

I will not consider playing any future games made by Star Vault.

u were in FURY???Soryy but fury members use exploits ....I linked video

• RussiannRussiann Member Posts: 24

Originally posted by BeastLord808

I just rage quit MO today. I am a solo player and love the fact that there's hardly enough players to fill the server.

I really love all the concepts that MO has to offer, however SV does leave a lot to be desired in terms of PVE. I am a farmer type and enjoy building a toon to PvE and support toons for the PvE toon. I just canceled 3 accts.

But these are some reasons why I quit:

When AoC first came out I was excited only briefly. It was soooo buggy I eventually quit. MO is buggy to that extreme. With MO I was never disappointed the same way twice. Once when I was a member of Fury the server went down for reboot as it does several times every day. When it came up again our storage building was gone. No ruins, like you get when its destroyed. Just gone! We had players with stuff in there since closed beta. 

LOL, lies man lies, you kno how many wipes there were during closed beta, plus everything got wiped buring release, maybe if you told any truth, people could believe you

I will not consider playing any future games made by Star Vault.

If i see SV releasing another game... will start believing that Tolkin's books where based on true facts and characters :D

• BeastLord808BeastLord808 Member Posts: 2

Originally posted by Russiann

LOL, lies man lies, you kno how many wipes there were during closed beta, plus everything got wiped buring release, maybe if you told any truth, people could believe you

What ever man. My memory is crap. Point is, they were around since the beginning. Obviously I wasn't.

You missed the point. We're talking about MO, not me, dumas.

Ya Fury had a member or two that wanted to cheat. The only cheat that was Grudgingly allowed was to scale our own walls to get into our own keep. Whatever happened besides that was taken care of, and is in-house business. If you want dirty laundry then air your own.

Poke holes in what I say and personally attack me all you want. This has been my own assessment of Mortal Online. I will not answer to Stupid or Pointless, the trolls on this forum. And with that being said, I'll not return anymore retarded off-topic comments.

• GeroltGerolt Member Posts: 98

When I played Darkfall, the cheaters and hackers were so never-ending I eventually accepted the fact that it was just part of the game environment and became one, too, before I finally gave up on it all together. In MO  there is a guild called RUS who have an ongoing ability to dupe supplied.  So much so that their newest recruits are handed the best armor in the game. Its true that SV has made valiant effort to stop the duping, but I really believe RUS are better programmers then SV. Its common knowledge they hack, cheat and dupe. My understanding is that Russian players have a reputation for cheating across all the MMO games.

I lol'd, man. So true.

• NeoptolemusNeoptolemus Member Posts: 242

AI has to be their top priority now, and it should have been since Dawn to be honest.

Even the PVP orientated guilds will benefit from it because a focus on fleshing out the world and the PvE aspects will not just bring in some new faces, but some sheep too. The reason they're all inactive is because all they do is fight the same few people over and over again for no real higher purpose. They're supposed to be fighting for control over parts of the game world, so it makes sense to make that world as interesting and valuable as possible.

Proper AI will go a long way to achieving this and at one point SV was making a big fuss over things like town life and how the epic patch was going to open doors for them to provide exciting PVE content. They even showcased a few dungeons and experimented with some boss creatures. Why did they then completely ditch it in favour of other things and leave it unfinished?

Henrik claims theyre working to his master plan, but what I'm seeing is a team with no focus, basically just working on whatever they feel like rather than a well thought out plan to ensure effort goes where it will have the biggest effect.

Originally posted by Neoptolemus

AI has to be their top priority now, and it should have been since Dawn to be honest.

Even the PVP orientated guilds will benefit from it because a focus on fleshing out the world and the PvE aspects will not just bring in some new faces, but some sheep too. The reason they're all inactive is because all they do is fight the same few people over and over again for no real higher purpose. They're supposed to be fighting for control over parts of the game world, so it makes sense to make that world as interesting and valuable as possible.

Proper AI will go a long way to achieving this and at one point SV was making a big fuss over things like town life and how the epic patch was going to open doors for them to provide exciting PVE content. They even showcased a few dungeons and experimented with some boss creatures. Why did they then completely ditch it in favour of other things and leave it unfinished?

Henrik claims theyre working to his master plan, but what I'm seeing is a team with no focus, basically just working on whatever they feel like rather than a well thought out plan to ensure effort goes where it will have the biggest effect.

AI combined with a decent and functional UI should be their top priority since day one my dear friend. But i ll admit its better to have it late than ever. I m afraid though -at least thats the conclusion i get from the limited info they re throwing to us now and then- that even those will not be anything close to complete features but for once more half assed and semi working-frustrating features. Dont wanna run ahead and speculate but their history so far is so disapointing that makes me think that way even though i m fairly optimistic person by nature. I guess time will tell at the end but i can say for sure that AI and UI will be my last chance to SV and MO and i will not compromise with anything less than fully implemented and working features. Also i do believe that many more are walking in the same road and thinking exactly the same with me. 

Originally posted by Russiann

What ever man. My memory is crap. Point is, they were around since the beginning. Obviously I wasn't.

You missed the point. We're talking about MO, not me, dumas.

Ya Fury had a member or two that wanted to cheat. The only cheat that was Grudgingly allowed was to scale our own walls to get into our own keep. Whatever happened besides that was taken care of, and is in-house business. If you want dirty laundry then air your own.

Poke holes in what I say and personally attack me all you want. This has been my own assessment of Mortal Online. I will not answer to Stupid or Pointless, the trolls on this forum. And with that being said, I'll not return anymore retarded off-topic comments.

WTF!!!! YOU USED BUGS AND CHEATS   there video ...you have no right to blame someone 

What video is that?

What video is that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfJ7l9fGYqY&feature=youtu.be

BeastLord for u .."Evil" guild RUS have guild account with gatekeeper

This discussion has been closed.