Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can't turn off camera smart follow

Whatever it is you call this "snap back" or "smart follow" I find it sooo annoying that we cannot turn this off in SWTOR. Just thought I would let everyone know who is thinking about blowing $60 on this game. I just got the game tonight though I am not impressed so far I will give it a week or so before I decide.

"I'm sorry but your mmo has been diagnosed with EA and only has X number of days to live."

Comments

• pharazonicpharazonic Member Posts: 860

Originally posted by Angier2758

{mod edit}

Don't know what BioWare was thinking or even if they were thinking when they made the game without an option to disable Smart Follow. 

"Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

I need to take this advice more.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,818

Not being able to turn it off is annoying, but as was said it’s hardly a reason not to buy the game. Doing a thread about it beggars belief.

• GrunchGrunch Member Posts: 493

Its not "the" reason not to buy the game but it is one of many. I know I did not see anyone mention it on these forums so I figured I would since I wasted $60 on a subpar mmo. Its obvious that their budget for this game went to three things, voice acting, marketing, christmas bonuses.

"I'm sorry but your mmo has been diagnosed with EA and only has X number of days to live."

• grunt187grunt187 Member CommonPosts: 956

{mod edit}

The following statement is false
    The previous statement is true

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

Although a nuisance, it's hardly anyhting to hold anyone back from buying the game.

That said, they'lle probably add the option to turn it off.

• ducesettutamducesettutam Member UncommonPosts: 85

Sorry Grunch but a quick review of your old posts shows you've been hating on this game since before it came out. If you wish to add the snap feature to the list of negatives for this game, take it to one of the legitimate threads. I encourage you to do so. Having a full list of both positive and negative is a good thing for the potential customer. {mod edit}

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

I think Aion has the same thing (smart camera),  it still does not have an option to turn it off.   It's a pain in the ass because if you like to look behind your character and attack someone behind you, smart cam makes it hard to do.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

Originally posted by ducesettutam

Sorry Grunch but a quick review of your old posts shows you've been hating on this game since before it came out. If you wish to add the snap feature to the list of negatives for this game, take it to one of the legitimate threads. I encourage you to do so. Having a full list of both positive and negative is a good thing for the potential customer. {mod edit}

Apology not accepted. Look man hate SWTOR or not the fact is you cannot turn off the camera smart follow feature. Its very annoying and I thought people might like to know before the drop $60 on SWTOR.

I understand that you are upset. I'm in the same boat you're in, I also wasted $60 :D

• ThillianThillian Member UncommonPosts: 3,156

Not being able to turn off smart camera - i.e. automatic camera resetting to its default center position is a big deal for many. In fact, it was a subject of many discussions on the official forums for at least a year. There is no excuse for an AAA title not to have smart camera on/off option.

REALITY CHECK

• ArawulfArawulf Guest WriterMember UncommonPosts: 597

No you can't turn it off yet.  

• Deadeye31Deadeye31 Member Posts: 50
    "Wasted $60". I wonder, what would you guys have spent it on? I doubt it was for something self improving like Rosetta stone and if you needed it for bills or food, gaming money is the least of your problems.

Btw, if you think this game is a waste, it's time to either stay forever with WOW, or leave MMOs and go to shooters, RTS games and/or dota.

Whatever you choose, good luck.
  • drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

lot of camera setting did you try to adjust it to your liking i dont know what the issue is i use pretty much everything in keybinding and so far the game does everything i need it to do!

• DracillDracill Member UncommonPosts: 158
    From previous posts we know you didn't like the game even before try it.

The only thing I can say is:
    Thank you for buying the game, thank you for supporting with your money what BioWare has done. I hope you can continue your search of insignificant nuisances in the game during many months.
  • drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

Originally posted by Dracill

Thank you for buying the game, thank you for supporting with your money what BioWare has done. I hope you can continue your search of insignificant nuisances in the game during many months.

exactly my taught

• Deadeye31Deadeye31 Member Posts: 50
    On a weird note about the topic, lately I've been getting a bug where I rotate the camera while running and if I let go of the mouse button, my character will actually move in the direction the camera is facing. I believe it occurs when I hold the control button ( my push to talk button) while using the voip software mumble while the game is loading.

I find it annoying but maybe that's what people want?
  • pharazonicpharazonic Member Posts: 860

Originally posted by Angier2758

{mod edit}

Gamers shouldn't throw $60 away on games where developers can't even be bothered to put in a Disable Smart Follow feature; a feature that's been around for like 7+ years now. 

I *hate* Smart Follow and personally, I would find it to be gamebreaking in an MMO.

"Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

I need to take this advice more.

Originally posted by Dracill

insignificant to you but not to me. This is a serious issue for me since I turn it off in every mmo I play that has smart follow.

• TorikTorik Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

What is this Smart Follow and why should it bother me?  I have not really noticed anything different in how the camera works than in games like WoW or DCUO.

Originally posted by Torik

What is this Smart Follow and why should it bother me?  I have not really noticed anything different in how the camera works than in games like WoW or DCUO.

Let's say you move your camera and then once you start moving it will snap back in position behind your avatar. That's smart follow or snap back and in like every other mmo you can turn that off. It's annoying for the many people that turn that off. To me it's worse then playing inverted.

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

I have to admit, I didn't even notice this. It's usually an option I turn on, so since it was already on, I never even looked..lol