Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

End of Days

1235»

Comments

• teakboisteakbois Member Posts: 2,154

Originally posted by VoIgore

They pump out features patch by patch, many of them other companies would have held back to rather sell them in an expansion. This sometimes made me wonder what's left for Trion to be put into an addon..?

Some of the things should be left to an expansion.  I feel they kind of 'half ass' their features to a certain extent.  Chronicles are great, but there is so few of them.  They would have been bettter waiting untl there were 8-10 of them ready to go. Master Mode dungeons is another.  The PA as well, they could have done so much better with that.

Not that everything is half assed (EI is amongst the best patch content in MMO history), its just that they seem to quick to rush stuff out sometimes and it suffers.

• PuremallacePuremallace Member Posts: 1,856

Originally posted by VoIgore

Some may say "hey stupid, there's plenty left for an addon! housing, Rvr/siege, 3rd faction, new races, flying mounts, more landmass" - i see, but on a second thought much of this stuff doesn't seem to me to fit to the direction Trion is going with the game -except for more landmass.

I'm really really curious to see what they will bring up in an addon, as i'm expecting something big.

Trion has a habit of doing stuff that makes sense with what they have. Anyone who could have guessed instant adventure was going to happen is a genius. It basically takes World of Queuecraft and turns it on its head.

I can name one major MMO of the top of my head that can benefit from it and another major one being called a single player RPG that could benefit from it. I can sit here and tell you details of Planetouched and give you images of the buildings, but what they have planned I am clueless.

Not sure the obsession with watching Rift die when I play TOR and see a +1 button next to a players head or AOE looting and I see Rifts influence on another game.

• I know this may seam like small thinking, but I’m not really sold on the concept of needing bought expansions. We give them a monthly fee as it is, and trion has constantly been tossing us content. A level increase would cause a gear reset, but that’s good and bad. A level increase would also change up the balancing they have going right now. Adding in more soul points would not be a good thing imo. There are a few things they could add to make the game more enjoyable, but overall I’m really happy with the current content additions so far. Bought expansions to me just feel like a way to squeeze more money out of a games player base. Trion seems more then happy with the amount of players it has in game right now, and I’m guessing they’ve recouped the original development costs considering the sale price of the game. That’s just my educated guess though.

• teakboisteakbois Member Posts: 2,154

Originally posted by Daddydazzle

I know this may seam like small thinking, but I’m not really sold on the concept of needing bought expansions. 

Games *need* big bursts of content.  You can say that it would be nce if they didnt charge, but when you release everything 6 weeks at atme its easier for people to devour the content, plus you have issues like with the chronicles where they just didnt release enough.

Expansions also draw people back, and bring new people in, both things Rift desperately needs right now if they want to continue the development pace they established last year.