Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UPDATED: Now 39 positive reviews so far, Bioware did something right!

Comments

• Honeymoon69Honeymoon69 Member Posts: 647

wonder where all those + reviews for warhammer at? 

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

Again each themepark with same formula each year is getting same type of praises in different areas, but not really many truths in all areas when they are being praised.

Each mmorpg with the same formula as EQ so far has had the same result one is when people tell others to go back to WoW lol. 

OP best to stay humble in wait, Bioware did get the story right.

If it surpasses the launches of the next upcoming MMOs now that will be something awesome and they obviously done something right.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500

Originally posted by Guileplayer

Originally posted by Teala

And when this game is around 150k - 300k subs, where will all that praise be then?

Where can i buy your crystal ball? please give me the address.

Teela's playing the odds is all, since every single theme park MMO released post WOW has started out strong (AOC, LOTRO, Rift just to name a few) at launch and then crashed and burned settling out at numbers roughly around 150-300K.

I don't know if I see that happening to this title, too hyped, too famous of an IP, and probably, too good of a game for it.

But the proof is in the pudding as they say, so we'll see how it looks 6 months down the road whether the title has legs like WOW did where the subscriber base kept going up year after year.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Originally posted by Honeymoon69

wonder where all those + reviews for warhammer at? 

Lol

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

• grunt187grunt187 Member CommonPosts: 956

Lots of misplaced anger at swtor for getting good reviews.  LMAO really?

The following statement is false
    The previous statement is true

• ShivamShivam Member Posts: 465

Originally posted by fishFUNK

This quote is a joke right!?  So SWTOR is your first MMO out of the face book genre I take it.

I have to admit, I was beyond excited when I found out another  Star Wars MMO was on its way... I signed up to the forums in 2008 and waited 4 LONG years.  When I finally got my hands on the beta a few months ago I cant even begin to describe how let down I was.   The world feels completley dead and empty.   Mobs stand in one place, hardly any movement. Non hostile animals that should be roaming literally either fly in one place or sway back and forth.  

I figured  maybe the cantina would be bustling with life..  NOPE.   Just a lot more of the same. standing around doing nothing. no random conversations... no animations.   

everything  is so stale.  No exploration, lots of railroad tracks (even on the minimap!).  To me it seems like they took away everything about what an MMO should be which is socializing and doing things together. I know the new generation of gamers is apart of that problem as well but they sure didnt do anything to try and engage people. 

I must say I did enjoy pvp and the classes along with  being in the star wars universe but I also wonder.. if SWTOR was called "SpaceBattle"  how many people would really give two ships about this game? 

Back on topic  I do have to wonder how someone can give this game an 8/10 on innovation. There is absolutley NOTHING new or innovative about this game.  Nothing.   The only thing I would give an 8/10 to in SWTOR would be how smooth the launch went. 

No it is not  a joke and i am very serious. But nothing that you mentioned said anything about what i was discussing. I don't even know why you quoted me in first place.

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty -- Mahatma Gandhi

• BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195

And when this game is around 150k - 300k subs, where will all that praise be then?

You mean when it's "around 150k-300k subs" and still has more population than 99% of the western P2P and most of the F2P MMOs?.....The praise will still be there. Especially since it written in  all those reviews for anyone to pull up on the internet and read again.

I don't think many of you guys think ahead of what you guys say both fanboys and haters lol.

• MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188

I remembr Warhammer and AOC getting alot of positive reviews too. TOR is atleast somewhat polished compared to those 2 games but TOR has no staying power.

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• iamflymoloiamflymolo Member Posts: 152

I did my very first review (actually a first look) a few weeks back and it happened to be on swtor. My review was more negative than not. I learned very quickly why it is that I've played so many crap games that were so well reviewed. The firestorm that ensued from my first look literally kept me awake at night, as I had more "dislikes" to my video in the first 24 hours than I had had over all the rest of my videos combined. Whereas all of my gaming videos had been very well received in the past, the comments on this one painted me as an ingrate of the lowest regard (although that eventually leveled off and I'm back in the positive on "likes.") But I learned - if you want people to like what you are doing, make certain that you like all of the anticipated games. No payoff required.

All that said - I have since been playing swtor non-stop so I can do a followup review that looks at much more than the first few levels. I have found swtor to be a pretty fun and engaging game overall, largely due to class story lines, but remains in many ways a sub-par work by current AAA mmo standards and is even less on par when compared to single player rpg standards which it is trying to emulate. My suspicion is that people will like it a lot for a few months and then set it aside.

But never again will I buy a crap game and say, "How did this get such great reviews?" I completely understand.

• kartoolkartool Member UncommonPosts: 520

Originally posted by Mephster

I remembr Warhammer and AOC getting alot of positive reviews too. TOR is atleast somewhat polished compared to those 2 games but TOR has no staying power.

Ok everyone, we can close the thread and someone call up Bioware and tell them to start bringing down the servers TOR has no staying power, it's been decreed by Mephster so it must be true.

• LittlebombLittlebomb Member Posts: 152

Nothing like the sweet sound of NOOB's tweating to make my ears perk up.

I just read the IGN review. 9.0? You have to be joking this game is a solid 6.5 - 7.5 at most.

I am level 50 and the end game is no finished in so many ways.

Let's not even talk about the huge lack of features this game has. Literally no features. You can't even stay in a party when queing for Scenarios

THERE IS NO SCOREBOARD IN SCENARIOS,,,,,,,,,,THAT'S HOW UNFINISHED THIS GAME IS.

Originally posted by sgel

8/10 for Innovation... heheh... sure.. give me more positive reviews.. ... please..

Someone doesn't understand what innovation means.

Originally posted by Littlebomb

I just read the IGN review. 9.0? You have to be joking this game is a solid 6.5 - 7.5 at most.

Let's not even talk about the huge lack of features this game has. Literally no features. You can't even stay in a party when queing for Scenarios

THERE IS NO SCOREBOARD IN SCENARIOS,,,,,,,,,,THAT'S HOW UNFINISHED THIS GAME IS.

Are you talking about warzones - because that's completely false. Warzones have scoreboards, you even get to vote for the MVP at the end of the match. 

• ThorqemadaThorqemada Member UncommonPosts: 1,282

Well, i enjoy the game so far.
    Personally i wish it will have big sales and low retention.

Big Sales bcs its fundamentally a well made game bringing real story to the mmo, expanding all classes to pet classes, takes the boring part out of crafting i.e.

Low Retention bcs its fundamentally a static game that at some point must become boring, having pretty much no real ingame economy, no need for crafting so far, only 3 classes (with 8 specializations), levelbased design, no living environment, few oportunitys to meet even 3 people randomly (the only crowded spot is the fleet station) and so on.

Hoping that this would show the industrie that these much improved elements Bioware had put in work - but that a big mmo is about a virtual world and not the most stretched Disneyworld in the Universe and that they need to develop a virtual frameworld/universe that lives, has a living economy, a living crafting, a living sense of adventure into the unknown and different spots with different of these "Disneyworlds" so after players finished one Disneyworld they have the oportunity to participate in other activities than do a similar ride over and over again.

Fundamentally i would want SWGTOR.

PS: And Mechwarrior Online which has a better Universe then everything out there bcs of the Battletech background and lore.

"Torquemada... do not implore him for compassion. Torquemada... do not beg him for forgiveness. Torquemada... do not ask him for mercy. Let's face it, you can't Torquemada anything!"

MWO Music Video - What does the Mech say: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF6HYNqCDLI
    Johnny Cash - The Man Comes Around: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0x2iwK0BKM

• insanejoshinsanejosh Member Posts: 26

You do realize its your own fault for rushing to 50? When WoW was introduced there wasn't anything to do at 60. It's been that way for many MMO's, when they are launched. Stop spacebarring through the quests and learn a bit about your story line.

• insanejoshinsanejosh Member Posts: 26

Originally posted by kartool

Are you talking about warzones - because that's completely false. Warzones have scoreboards, you even get to vote for the MVP at the end of the match. 

I think he means flashpoints - so he can toot his own horn and say "Hey! I did more damage than you n00bs!" - all the while he wiped the group 5x

• BigMangoBigMango Member UncommonPosts: 1,821

Originally posted by keithian

It would be funny as hell if GW2 gets bad reviews lol. Something tells me it will haha. Watch it get like a 5/10 or 6/10. That would be really funny.

Thats the difference between me and those who hover around these forums hating on TOR. Though I am a fan of STWOR, I'm hoping GW2 is a great game because I think the more choices we have the better. It wouldn't suprise me though if that happens since the same thing here happened with games like Aion which was the second coming. Not anymore. 

Exactly.

Not only Aion, these same people constantly bashing the released games always kept us looking for the next messiahs : Vanguard with "next generation seamless world", AOC with "next genration combat, etc..", WAR with "next generation PvP levelling", Darkfall "the new ultima online", Mortal Online "the Elder Scrolls mmo", .....

Now it is GW2.

Once it releases they will be raging on GW2 and keep us waiting for the next game.

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735

Age of conan got positive reviews and so did warhammer.

• nationalcitynationalcity Member UncommonPosts: 501

Ok, I just don't get it the way you write blogs and stuff on this site it would seem you would be more professional then this.....

It's like  {mod edit} you go into every TOR thread just to write negative stuff about it....

Well this is one less reader for your blogs considering  {mod edit}

You can't have your cake and eat it too, there is always gonna be people that like something you don't....

Originally posted by nerovipus32

Age of conan got positive reviews and so did warhammer.

Yes they did because many actually did like both of those games.Warhammer is a great game no doubt but its problems are a lot to do with lack of support by the company over the long run. Will Bioware will give such lack luster support to SWTOR? only time will tell.

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty -- Mahatma Gandhi

{mod edit}

• BigMangoBigMango Member UncommonPosts: 1,821

Originally posted by sgel

It would be funny as hell if GW2 gets bad reviews lol. Something tells me it will haha. Watch it get like a 5/10 or 6/10. That would be really funny.

Nice to see you can laugh with your own jokes.... it was pretty funny. But considering mmorpg gave SWTOR 8.7... then the demo of GW2 we saw at PAX should get more  :P

Yeah yeah yeah.... I also remember the awesome videos and demos of AoC, WAR, Darkfall, Mortal Online,...

Demos and videos? LOL, this is only impressing the people who are new to mmos. I hope it will be great, but let's wait for the release and see WHAT it delivers and HOW it delivers it.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

It is a good game, just not a good MMORPG.

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735

[mod edit] let's not have personal attacks.