Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Things you hate in this game?

CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679
So what are the things you hate about LoL?

For me, I hate that when i buy a champion, its f2p as soon as the next roster comes out. Its annoyiing x.x I saved up for 2 weeks to get galio and i got him a few days ago. Next day hes f2p x.x happened with rammus too before! Its annoying!

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
( o.o)
(")(")
**This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

Comments

• ArcheminosArcheminos Member Posts: 283

Elitist people who act like a loss in a non-ranked game is the end of the world.

• KebeckKebeck Member Posts: 323

The community...

• unkindbeastunkindbeast Member Posts: 35

Originally posted by Castillle

So what are the things you hate about LoL?

For me, I hate that when i buy a champion, its f2p as soon as the next roster comes out. Its annoyiing x.x I saved up for 2 weeks to get galio and i got him a few days ago. Next day hes f2p x.x happened with rammus too before! Its annoying!

I hope you understand that the champion becomes free only for a week like a trial. You purchase champions to keep them permanently. I do not see a reason here to be so annoyed by it.

• marinridermarinrider Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

Originally posted by Kebeck

The community...

This.  The community in this game is absolutly horrid.  If you make a small mistake (or are even learning how to play the game) you get called all maner of names.

• ApolyonBSApolyonBS Member UncommonPosts: 23

Originally posted by marinrider

The community...

This.  The community in this game is absolutly horrid.  If you make a small mistake (or are even learning how to play the game) you get called all maner of names.

+1

And I also hate that the game is totally unbalanced... and some stupid ultimates (tryndamere? kartus?)... and the infinite stuns... and some totally OP heroes...

And finally, I hate that his game is only for hardcore players, casual players just can't have fun playing this (at least not once you get to level 30).

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

People take this game too seriously.  It's fun to play, have some fun while playing it!  And when they take a champion I buy and hit it with the nerf bat.  Yeah Jax needed to be nerfed, but I liked killing people in 2 hits lol.

• NakedFuryNakedFury Member UncommonPosts: 411

Things you hate in this game?

Lack of Maps.

After thinking for 5 more minutes that is the only thing I hate about the game.

Before you throw back:

"But its hard to balance a map..." 

I counter with:

"But why is it so easy to throw out champions like there is no tomorrow?"

So we skipped that part and accept my Hate about the game.

• orcsmdorcsmd Member UncommonPosts: 4

Riot isn't dumb to "sketch - build - change - release"  a new champions in just 2 weeks . Making a champion is a process

New champion : Viktor for example

"RPS: So what’s the process that came up with Viktor? How do you decide on the characters and abilities? Is it just a case of filling in a blank space?

Belleza: It comes from a specific idea, and everyone in the company is encouraged to submit ideas for champions. Viktor came from Joe himself here, and the main pitch was what Joe was talking about, to create a mage that utilized the hexTech idea we have in our game. Basically Joe put together a document that suggested a design direction, a thematic direction, and some art inspirations that he’d collected. We review these submissions as a team every week. Viktor came with another batch of ideas we are really excited about, actually, and once we’d got through that approval Joe started to prototype the mechanics. We go through a series of of design checks and balances, a prototype stage, a concept stage, and we get together to review it and when we have something we’ve decided is fun we’ll slot it into official production and find a release date. From there it’s off to the races!

RPS: So once a champion goes live, how does the feedback process work?

Belleza: We go through lots and lots of play-testing. The first stages are design play-tests – so Joe created a prototype for Viktor, we started playing it. At this stage it is just the main mechanics, without any artwork. Joe you pretty much worked on his design for a couple of months right?

Ziegler: Sure.

Belleza: So when we’ve been doing that for a while we go into design lock, where we’re sure about the character’s abilities. These are subject to tweaks in a wider group’s playtesting, but once we’re at design lock we can lock in what we are going to create for art assets. Then it goes to the company playtest where everyone in the company plays a character. We do this every day for all our patches. Viktor goes in there and then we take feedback on a company-wide basis. We also work with the live team who are able to work with us to make sure that the character feels good at a high level within the competitive space of the game.

Ziegler: I think what’s interesting in our process is that what we really focus on is whether we are meeting or exceeding player expectations. What we want to do is make sure that when this character releases not only is he balanced but also is he delivering on what characters want? Is he what players want to play? Getting a character to a state like that, and the work we put into getting them to be like that, is, I think, a unique aspect of what we do here.

Source : http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/12/22/riot-talk-champions-and-fortnightly-content/

• legend55legend55 Member Posts: 155

The incredible power of the turrets. Yeah I know its part of the game but couldn't they just limit there power a little? Also I think its a pretty good idea when for example 2 champions walk next to a turret, to let the turret attack the champion who is the closest to his enemy base. Yeah its hard to explain, but you guys know what I mean right?

• htiger23htiger23 Member Posts: 113

Originally posted by legend55

The incredible power of the turrets. Yeah I know its part of the game but couldn't they just limit there power a little? Also I think its a pretty good idea when for example 2 champions walk next to a turret, to let the turret attack the champion who is the closest to his enemy base. Yeah its hard to explain, but you guys know what I mean right?

I know exactly what you are saying about the power of turrets, but the game would become extremely unbalanced if they weren't this strong.

A jungler like Warwick could just tower tive you with the laner with no fear of ever dying since he's healing during his auto attacks, his ultimate, and his Q.

Also, as far as I'm aware, the tower targetting system is something along these lines (In order of highest priority to lowest):

1. Champion attacking an allied champion

2. Minions

3. Closest Champion

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788

other than some serious balance issues, the game is good. I'm playing it every day at least one round. It completely replace my long term source of fun - dota.

• AxeshunAxeshun Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 82

Outside of the of the playerbase/community there isnt much I dislike about LoL.  I just wish they would introduce new maps for classic.  Not a new mode like dominion(which I personally dislike).  I would imagine that it is not that hard to create variations of 3 lane maps. At least not as hard as developing new "balanced" champs as often as they do.  But I guess there is more money in champs than maps.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

I like the game itself. It's well developed, and fun to boot. But the only problem I have is the horrid community that comes with being such a popular game. You get the smart people who hardly talk or just tell you when people are missing or opportunities for things in game, or you get the really really challenged people who like to just call everyone a noob even though they are 1 and 6 and doing worse than you. The community kills it for me, I will continue to play on and off though since it's a really fun game.

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

Originally posted by Panther2103

I like the game itself. It's well developed, and fun to boot. But the only problem I have is the horrid community that comes with being such a popular game. You get the smart people who hardly talk or just tell you when people are missing or opportunities for things in game, or you get the really really challenged people who like to just call everyone a noob even though they are 1 and 6 and doing worse than you. The community kills it for me, I will continue to play on and off though since it's a really fun game.

Lol! I hear yah!

But the thing with this community is that it kinda grows on you.  It makes you wanna troll back lol.   Sometimes its just entertaining to watch some guy who feeds just rage at everyone else. 

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• KhaerosKhaeros Member Posts: 452

I was all for new maps, but then I took a step back.

We all wanted a new map, and Riot gave it to us - Twisted Treeline.  How many of you still play that map?

So then we were asking for something different.  Dominion.  I like the game mode, but it's terribly unbalanced and I hardly play it anymore.

Summoner's Rift does what it's supposed to do perfectly.  The game and its champs are balanced around 5v5 Classic so it's the most solid experience.  I'm pretty sure that Riot doesn't focus their balance attention heavily on the TT scene, and Dominion has a heavy mobility bias that makes you wish stacking five phantom dancers was a viable build.

They're great maps to change things up for one or two games.. but I'm always back to SR because that's the kind of game I'm looking for in League.  I could use a change of scenery sometimes, but the SR variations do that well enough.

What I hate? Adobe Air.

• kakasakikakasaki Member UncommonPosts: 1,205

The community...

This...

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...

• karmathkarmath Member UncommonPosts: 904

The minority of the vote getting to decide if you surrender a game or not, eg. 1 player afk's on your team the whole match so its 4v5. Two of your team mates apparently like getting owned for 40 mins and refuse to surrender and vote no. If you leave the game you'll be locked out of starting a new one till that finishes and you'll get banned/reported.

It happens nearly every damm time aswell, I dont understand it.

• KhaerosKhaeros Member Posts: 452

Originally posted by karmath

The minority of the vote getting to decide is you surrender a game or not, eg. 1 player afk's on your team the whole match so its 4v5. Two of your team mates apparently like getting owned for 40 mins and refuse to surrender and vote no. If you leave the game you'll be locked out of starting a new one till that finishes and you'll get banned/reported.

Two votes to surrender is of course out of the question.  All it takes is a duo queue group to say 'ehhh im bored' to call surrender vote and you're done.  Plus it's a minority.

I don't know if a 3/5 vote should have you surrender.  On paper it seems right because that's the majority, but voting yes or no isn't a matter of how your team is doing - it's about that specific player's morale.

If the team just got aced and a surrender vote pops up, you can bet that there will be more yes votes than if you all are alive and farming, even if you're behind in towers, CS, or kills.  Want to know how to play LeBlanc? Own the mid so hard that the team starts infighting, demoralizing them so they surrender at 20.  Even if they know that LeBlanc tapers off late game, chances are if you went 15/0 at the 20 minute mark, they will fold because you made them cry.

I've seen games that looked hopeless for our team get turned around because the enemy slipped up and we were able to capitalize on their problem.  At end game, an ace usually means gg.  We'd never be able to turn it around if the 3 mediocre players on our team who kept getting caught in the jungle alone could surrender.

• helthroshelthros Member UncommonPosts: 1,449

The community

The way you buy skins etc for a champ only to have it nerfed into irrelevance due to a few whiners. I'm still bitter about buying an awesome nunubot skin I can hardly really use.

• ForumTrollForumTroll Member Posts: 140

Community, Feeders, Leavers, Afkers, Trollers, Ragers, Noobs, just to name a few... I could probably go on for 6 pages about why I hate this game. At the end of the day though, I love this game. Definitly a Love Hate relationship.

"People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool."

• karmathkarmath Member UncommonPosts: 904

Originally posted by Khaeros

Originally posted by karmath

The minority of the vote getting to decide is you surrender a game or not, eg. 1 player afk's on your team the whole match so its 4v5. Two of your team mates apparently like getting owned for 40 mins and refuse to surrender and vote no. If you leave the game you'll be locked out of starting a new one till that finishes and you'll get banned/reported.

Two votes to surrender is of course out of the question.  All it takes is a duo queue group to say 'ehhh im bored' to call surrender vote and you're done.  Plus it's a minority.

I don't know if a 3/5 vote should have you surrender.  On paper it seems right because that's the majority, but voting yes or no isn't a matter of how your team is doing - it's about that specific player's morale.

If the team just got aced and a surrender vote pops up, you can bet that there will be more yes votes than if you all are alive and farming, even if you're behind in towers, CS, or kills.  Want to know how to play LeBlanc? Own the mid so hard that the team starts infighting, demoralizing them so they surrender at 20.  Even if they know that LeBlanc tapers off late game, chances are if you went 15/0 at the 20 minute mark, they will fold because you made them cry.

I've seen games that looked hopeless for our team get turned around because the enemy slipped up and we were able to capitalize on their problem.  At end game, an ace usually means gg.  We'd never be able to turn it around if the 3 mediocre players on our team who kept getting caught in the jungle alone could surrender.

It's the primary reason why I quit after a year and a half with hundreds spent, every worthwile t3 rune, a mid ranking elo and 2/3rds of the champs bought. Sure some games can turn around but alot of them dont. If your stuck on a team with two people that went something terrible like 1/15 before the 20 min mark there is really no hope. What makes it worse its usually the people who ruined the game who vote no and start trolling, it REALLY frustrates the heck out of me. In a perfect world the current system would be perfect, but when the game is 90% filled with trolls and children it really just doesnt work in the slightest.