Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

not even playable!

. i just loaded up FFXIV for the first time thinking that the game would be decent now considering they are reinstating subscription fees. I can't even make a decision about the game because it is just completely unplayable.. 3 minutes to load a cut scene, then another 3 minutes to load the world back up after a cut scene.. then another 3 or 4 minutes before all the NPCs load up. im walking into a guild building and seeing absolutely no NPCs.. then after standing here for a few minutes.. the world slowly begins to populate itself. and i yesterday i was getting 30002 server errors every 5 minutes and getting disconnected. STAY AWAY from this game.. its not ready to play yet! The combat is slow and boring.  the loading has been so bad i havnt even had enough of a chance to decide if its a good game or not. i have been playing for 2 days and have nothing to show for it.. 90% of the time was spent loading and reloading and restarting.

Comments

• TJCATJCA Member CommonPosts: 27

Sounds like your video card can't handle the game. Did you read the minimum requirements?

The game won't be getting it's new engine, which in theory should make it easier on computers, until 2.0 next year.

I'm sorry you had a hard time. :(

• RedKatanaRedKatana Member Posts: 211

Originally posted by latelylucid

. i just loaded up FFXIV for the first time thinking that the game would be decent now considering they are reinstating subscription fees. I can't even make a decision about the game because it is just completely unplayable.. 3 minutes to load a cut scene, then another 3 minutes to load the world back up after a cut scene.. then another 3 or 4 minutes before all the NPCs load up. im walking into a guild building and seeing absolutely no NPCs.. then after standing here for a few minutes.. the world slowly begins to populate itself. and i yesterday i was getting 30002 server errors every 5 minutes and getting disconnected. STAY AWAY from this game.. its not ready to play yet! The combat is slow and boring.  the loading has been so bad i havnt even had enough of a chance to decide if its a good game or not. i have been playing for 2 days and have nothing to show for it.. 90% of the time was spent loading and reloading and restarting.

Being the best looking mmorpg of all times comes with a price and that is you need a good pc to play it if you can't afford that then stop telling other people to stay away cause you are poor.

• DeolusDeolus Member UncommonPosts: 392

I always loved the FF series and loved everything up to FF12, but was a late starter for FF11 which I could have probably enjoyed ( played for a week or so, hated the interface though ).

I had high expectations of this game when it came out, but I was disappointed with how it turned out.

If SE can turn this game around, I could be still interested in it, but I fear you dont get many second chances in the mmorpg genre.

• Dekarx12Dekarx12 Member UncommonPosts: 380

HAHAHAHA... man your comp must me a pile of shit I've got a year and a bit old machine that cost me 1200 and its outta date by todays standards... 3 mins load? wtf? u running this on ya phone or sumthing champ? upgrade ya comp and look around more of the game first before u tell people not to play seriously massive troll here move along people... o btw I'm not playing to cause my guild left the game and i don't wanna play it without them can't wait for 2.0 :)

• RedKatanaRedKatana Member Posts: 211

Originally posted by Dekarx12

HAHAHAHA... man your comp must me a pile of shit I've got a year and a bit old machine that cost me 1200 and its outta date by todays standards... 3 mins load? wtf? u running this on ya phone or sumthing champ? upgrade ya comp and look around more of the game first before u tell people not to play seriously massive troll here move along people... o btw I'm not playing to cause my guild left the game and i don't wanna play it without them can't wait for 2.0 :)

I'm in a very friendly Linkshell and we always accept new members. If you're looking for a good group of people who play everyday and party together all the time let me know :) The game is fun now and in a month or so the new jobs will be introduced.

This goes to anyone that fell in love with FFXI and is not in FFXIV at the moment: if you want a game that requires your skills and strategy FFXIV is the game for you, weaponskills and skillchains never looked better.

• birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314

Yeah, this game is a lot more graphic intensive than most games out today.

• ForumTrollForumTroll Member Posts: 140

I would assume it is your computer. I bought the game and tried to DL it on my laptop and it didn't even start. Luckily for me my brother has a good desktop so it wasn't a total loss. With AAA MMORPG's your best bet is not to buy it if your not positive you can run it, or at least ask around first. With other games it is fairly easy to luck out and be able to play regardless of system spec's. Downloaded AoC because i heard it was fun PVP couldn't start that either, and I waited a whole 24 hours for the download too. /facepalm

"People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool."