Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Isengard Failure, Turbine basiclly rip you off (IMO)

13»

Comments

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

Originally posted by Loke666

Originally posted by lat00uk

Yeh I didnt think RoI was that good in terms of content but that doesnt stop me wanting to play... LOTRO is the only MMO ever to keep my attention for more than a month, been playing since '09 and I will probably still be here till the servers close....

I know LOTRO has lost subs due to SW:TOR, it was bound to...

Yeah, but we don't know yet if they will come back or not.

The Hobbit movie could get new blood in, or new games like GW2 might draw more out instead, really hard to say.

But they really should put some more work into the next expansion than this one, the competition is getting harder and harder now.

Don't think The Hobbit movie will bring any significant number of long-term players.  Propably some short-term interest and that's it.

New Conan movie was average true, and 'The Hobbit' will be much more succesful and 'hit' movie ,but New Conan almost did not have any impact on AoC.  (some AoC servers getting deserted and empty again...)

Lotro is slowly spiraling downwards , number of daily log-ins is coming down for quite a while and I doubt this trend is gonna be reversed. 

There is rising suspicions that Turbine is working on new mmo and it kinda shows in quality of Lotro new content.

It is medicore at best , many unfixed bugs  + cash shop is getting bigger and bigger and selling more advantage.

Imo Lotro is at it's 'dusk' . 

It will remain operational for quite some time and it will receive updates , but there will be nothing exciting there. 

Turbine won't invest serious money into bringing significant updates into game like major updates to engine to allow new gameplay mechanics , bringing new models for characters , any meaningful mounted combat (there MAYBE will be one ,but it will be half-assed one as fully-featured would require drastic mechanics and engine changes) ,etc

Just more Isengards from now on and getting money from big Tolkien fans and random f2p players.

---

Not to even mention fierce competition with many big titles getting relesed in next 1-2 years to already oversaturated market.

• starwarsnutstarwarsnut Member UncommonPosts: 230

Originally posted by fenistil

Originally posted by Loke666

Originally posted by lat00uk

Yeh I didnt think RoI was that good in terms of content but that doesnt stop me wanting to play... LOTRO is the only MMO ever to keep my attention for more than a month, been playing since '09 and I will probably still be here till the servers close....

I know LOTRO has lost subs due to SW:TOR, it was bound to...

Yeah, but we don't know yet if they will come back or not.

The Hobbit movie could get new blood in, or new games like GW2 might draw more out instead, really hard to say.

But they really should put some more work into the next expansion than this one, the competition is getting harder and harder now.

Don't think The Hobbit movie will bring any significant number of long-term players.  Propably some short-term interest and that's it.

New Conan movie was average true, and 'The Hobbit' will be much more succesful and 'hit' movie ,but New Conan almost did not have any impact on AoC.  (some AoC servers getting deserted and empty again...)

Lotro is slowly spiraling downwards , number of daily log-ins is coming down for quite a while and I doubt this trend is gonna be reversed. 

There is rising suspicions that Turbine is working on new mmo and it kinda shows in quality of Lotro new content.

It is medicore at best , many unfixed bugs  + cash shop is getting bigger and bigger and selling more advantage.

Imo Lotro is at it's 'dusk' . 

It will remain operational for quite some time and it will receive updates , but there will be nothing exciting there. 

Turbine won't invest serious money into bringing significant updates into game like major updates to engine to allow new gameplay mechanics , bringing new models for characters , any meaningful mounted combat (there MAYBE will be one ,but it will be half-assed one as fully-featured would require drastic mechanics and engine changes) ,etc

Just more Isengards from now on and getting money from big Tolkien fans and random f2p players.

---

Not to even mention fierce competition with many big titles getting relesed in next 1-2 years to already oversaturated market.

Lol i got a coupon for the store the other day in email LMAO aaaaawhahah i replied to do i get a free turkey if i spend a 100 bucks in the turdbine store.

Heres where the majortiy of my server went to http://torguild.net/oceanic/

thats just the aussies organizing that ive worked with im still organizing more on a daily basis. Lotro is toast and has been for some time. Hell when tor does maintenance i go on my f2p creep and its just empty as hell every time i finally uninstalled lotro and gave my gold and crap away its just sad.

Even if it does survive another year it wont be the same the community has been destroyed all the vets are gone its just f2p and new people getting owned horribly on the server i was on anyhow...

• dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592

@mikahr

I personally agree with several others in this thread - Moria was quite possibly my favorite expansion from any MMORPG I've played. While it wasn't terribly difficult to reach the cap, I felt the quests did pace you fairly well. And that was possibly the best thing about Moria - not only were the quests fun and interesting (IMO), but Moria itself was wonderfully designed - the entire place dripped with atmosphere; there was stuff to see and do EVERYWHERE. Comparing the most recent ROI expansion to Moria seems like a cruel joke in comparision.

<3

• Mad-E-FactMad-E-Fact Member Posts: 70

I just discovered that the game has had a new expansion recently and came here to ask for opinions about it. From the looks of it I'll save the 30 bucks for now. Turbine have crafted a very compelling world in Lotro, but have always struggled to fill it with content to keep all but the most casual players busy.

Vanilla Lotro was a mixed bag. Some great moments, but lack of polish and lots of grind to mask the lack of actual content. So I quit for a couple years.

Two expansions and a bunch of content updates later, I returned and found the game to be a blast. Moria and its dungeons were heaps of fun, I could visit old areas and solo quests I couldn't find groups for before, do legacy raids with pickups. It lasted me a couple months, during which I leveled to cap, ground out several legendaries, cleared DG with a great guild that was evidently struggling due to member burnout, finished all remaining books and tied up all loose ends. Then I ran out of things to do and quit again.

Already then it became obvious that Turbine took the wrong lessons from WoW: daily quests were the new thing. It wasn't too bad in Moria, but Lothlorien and Mirkwood were full of them and were very light on content otherwise. Once I notice that I repeat the exact same routine every day on a timer instead of exploring and discovering new things I know it's time to move on.

I'm sad to see that Isengard apparently follows on this path, and even declines further. Ever since the game went F2P I check back periodically to wander around and enjoy the atmosphere, waiting for new content to draw me back in. Seems I'll keep waiting for a while longer.

• Rusty715Rusty715 Member Posts: 482

Originally posted by starwarsnut

Lol i got a coupon for the store the other day in email LMAO aaaaawhahah i replied to do i get a free turkey if i spend a 100 bucks in the turdbine store.

thats just the aussies organizing that ive worked with im still organizing more on a daily basis. Lotro is toast and has been for some time. Hell when tor does maintenance i go on my f2p creep and its just empty as hell every time i finally uninstalled lotro and gave my gold and crap away its just sad.

Even if it does survive another year it wont be the same the community has been destroyed all the vets are gone its just f2p and new people getting owned horribly on the server i was on anyhow...

So you still think LOTRO is a pvp game? lmao. Im sure pvp is much better in Torcraft, even though most people say its not.

Edit. I would like to see a screen of the "coupon" you say you got from Turbine. Nothing personal,  I just think your Torcraft fever has you delerious.

Really? This game sucks and Im not having fun? Im going to unsub right now. Thanks for the tip.

• starwarsnutstarwarsnut Member UncommonPosts: 230

Originally posted by Rusty715

So you still think LOTRO is a pvp game? lmao. Im sure pvp is much better in Torcraft, even though most people say its not.

Edit. I would like to see a screen of the "coupon" you say you got from Turbine. Nothing personal,  I just think your Torcraft fever has you delerious.

LOL enjoy your grocery store hey if u spend a 100 bucks in the turbine store you get a free turkey!! woohoo. Hey man come play with my imaginary friends here that im  still organizing http://torguild.net/oceanic/  there gonna make a official aussie pvp server here soon b/c so many people are playing torcraft and the pvp is so bad they had to make an official aussie server cuz so many are not pvp'ing.....

I dont see them making a aussie server on lotro still 4 years after launch.

• Rusty715Rusty715 Member Posts: 482

Originally posted by Rusty715

LOL enjoy your grocery store hey if u spend a 100 bucks in the turbine store you get a free turkey!! woohoo. Hey man come play with my imaginary friends here that im  still organizing http://torguild.net/oceanic/  there gonna make a official aussie pvp server here soon b/c so many people are playing torcraft and the pvp is so bad they had to make an official aussie server cuz so many are not pvp'ing.....

I dont see them making a aussie server on lotro still 4 years after launch.

Oh, btw, the two in my Kin that left to play Torcraft? They are back.

Really? This game sucks and Im not having fun? Im going to unsub right now. Thanks for the tip.

• TypososTyposos Member UncommonPosts: 39

i am boring to see everyone cry , its a wonderful expansion , with good gameplay , good instances , nice community , nice boss fights , nice gear , nice art work , what more u want?pvp , i like the pvp , i know other game have better pvp than lotro , but thats it , on lotro u can die in 5 sec , its realistic , on other games like wow u fight 45 mins no one die and arena end draw!there is more coming on lotro , if u dont want to play it quit!

• HardangerHardanger Member Posts: 226

Sauroman?