Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rumor: Is Developer Spark Unlimited Working On Star Wars: Battlefront 3?

firefly2003firefly2003 Member UncommonPosts: 2,527

The evidence is pretty thin, but the twitter population seems convinced.

There are only two real pieces of evidence that have lead people to believe that Spark Unlimited is working on Star Wars: Battlefront 3. One, on its website Spark Unlimited lists in its job section that, "We are in production on an unannounced high-profile, popular game sequel for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC release." The other piece of evidence, is that it simply isn't flat out denying that Battlefront 3 is the title it is working on, on twitter. Every inquiry is met with a, "you'll have ask Lucas Arts about its franchises, we're just a developer, not  publisher," response.

It's not much to go on, but it's possible.

Spark Unlimited only has a few games under its belt with Call of Duty: Finest Hour, Turning Point: Fall of Liberty, and Legendary. It seems more likely that they could be working on a new Call of Duty having experience in the franchise already, but twitter seems to think otherwise. We will know more next year when official announcements start rolling out.

Comments

• WarmakerWarmaker Member UncommonPosts: 2,246

I dunno man.  Firslty, this isn't directed at you Firefly, just Lucasarts and my doubts about Star Wars gaming in general.  Star Wars games across the board have just been so horrible since The Phantom Menace movie came out.  Jedi Knight, KOTOR 1 were the best since '99, and those titles are old now... oh look, those 2 games had nothing to do with the Prequels, what a concidence...  Everything else has been very mediocre or terribad.  Even SWBF2 was, IMO, a degrade from SWBF1.  SWBF1 could've been better with some tweaks, but Lucasarts just sat on it and never did much.  Then SWBF2 came out, which limited options more (dude, they removed prone position) in favor of Jedi, even during the Imperial era.  Space combat was a joke and looked bland.  It was a blatant cash grab due to Ep.III's release.

And that was 2005, and Lucasarts hasn't shown any improvement since.  They still suck balls compared to their glorious days of the 90s.

"I have only two out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (First Lieutenant Clifton B. Cates, US Marine Corps, Soissons, 19 July 1918)

• ForTheCityForTheCity Member Posts: 307

No 360? Might have to make my brother buy this then.