Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SOPA Bill Supporters are threatned

kylekbbkylekbb Member Posts: 165

http://news.mmosite.com/content/c/2012-01-01/anonymous_threatens_sony_on_supporting_sopa.shtml

I am alright with everyone ,but Taylor Swift being threatned . It makes me laugh when it comes to EA and Sony backing down a bit. But if SOPA goes through its going to be like Sadaum with MWDs. Anyone else think this is basicly just control over the internet?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comments

• fatboy21007fatboy21007 Member Posts: 409

srry bud ur not allowed to talka bout SOPA here at all.

• banshe13banshe13 Member CommonPosts: 200

anonymous can tear sony and anyone else thats in  with SOPA bill supporters.

• OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177

Originally posted by kylekbb

http://news.mmosite.com/content/c/2012-01-01/anonymous_threatens_sony_on_supporting_sopa.shtml

I am alright with everyone ,but Taylor Swift being threatned . It makes me laugh when it comes to EA and Sony backing down a bit. But if SOPA goes through its going to be like Sadaum with MWDs. Anyone else think this is basicly just control over the internet?

Who is Sadaum and what are these MWDs you speak of?

• toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150

mmorpg.com is funded by sopa supporters, this thread will be locked.  No sopa thread gets by

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI

• LawlmonsterLawlmonster Member UncommonPosts: 1,085

This whole thing is disgusting. If anyone actually took their oath seriously anymore, or actually gave a shit about the constitution, bills like this wouldn't even get past conception. I can understand why people consider this treasonous.

"This is life! We suffer and slave and expire. That's it!" -Bernard Black (Dylan Moran)

• toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150

Originally posted by Lawlmonster

This whole thing is disgusting. If anyone actually took their oath seriously anymore, or actually gave a shit about the constitution, bills like this wouldn't even get past conception. I can understand why people consider this treasonous.

indeed any senator or congressman who supported this bill is not supporting or representing the people. They have been paid off by business, they should be removed from office.

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607

Better watch it. The gov can slap a label on you and lock you up forever for saying anything bad about them now.

• LawlmonsterLawlmonster Member UncommonPosts: 1,085

Originally posted by Xzen

Better watch it. The gov can slap a label on you and lock you up forever for saying anything bad about them now.

Oh, I'm aware. The NDAA is another gross example of disregard for the constitution and our civil liberties, which I have absolutely no problem defending, even if that puts my name on a list somewhere.

"This is life! We suffer and slave and expire. That's it!" -Bernard Black (Dylan Moran)

• twodayslatetwodayslate Member Posts: 724

This site doesn't like people talking bad about their dream bill.

• jeremyjodesjeremyjodes Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 679

Not Good.

• spaceportspaceport Member Posts: 405

Laugh about Occupy Wall Street now lol...

"Esport with tournaments is for hardcore pvp'rs that want to be competitive. Openworld PVP with ganking and griefing is for casuals that just wants their pvp mixed with pve from time to time."
    otacu

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

I am really sorry if my post is too political, but people seem to be posting about this SOPA thing everywhere, and hey it is free speech still right, and this SOPA bill will effect a lot of gamers, YouTube, and Social networks.

I can't and wont take part of any illegal actions done by others, as Anonymous says, however Anonymous is exactly what it says Anonymous, you don't know who what when or where they will start to take actions.

SOPA is in VIolation of the U.S Constitution and does not need to pass.

I will make my point loud and clear as a sony customer in the past as well..

Sony, You have been warned.

1. You are the first ones who first brought a lawsuit for disclosure of IP addresses against others, You Violated peoples rights and privacy.

2. You did not have the security to protect peoples accounts you got hacked disclosed lots of peoples RL information, because you choose to go after George Hotz again Sony's fault everyone.

3. Now you stupidly support the SOPA act which is against our U.S Constitution and if you get hacked again you are the ones at fault for this.

You draw First Blood, as I have told many people in games like Second Life as well, You Draw First Blood, You Mess with the wrong people you will be to answer for, now Sony you have a JOB to protect users information, and identity YOUR JOB is not to get involved in politics so Back off or you will compromise even more peoples identity and information and loose more money, it is your fault sony.

As for Anonymous, I consider them as who and what they are to be a good thing, the less I know about it myself the better, I just cheer anonymous on, and spread the word about things like Occupy Wallstreet etc, unless something big goes down in my area like a protest or something.

We THE PEOPLE?

If the United States Really has WE THE PEOPLE, then why is every citizen of the United States not allowed to vote on this SOPA act, I have not seen a notice in my mail about it, only heard about it and to call the senators and complain etc. But no actual votes. I bet that we the people for the most part DO  not want this to be passed. We want our Freedom, our Free rights as U.S Citizens, WE do not want cenorship like other countries. If you do not want your Art, Music, Games OR Intellectual Property Stolen, Then Keep it to yourself, Do not sell or show anyone else what you have created problem solved otherwise expect fair use of the content.

Justice Will BE SERVED!

As I do not take part in any of these so called Anonymous hacker crimes I really can't comment on them, But I can say that again in my opinion I believe Anonymous is doing the right thing, They have the skills to pull this off it is great, We need people standing up for our rights, Our Freedoms, and Bills like SOPA need to be immediately thrown out. Copyright Infringement claims are serious lies, and DMCA works just as good there will always be piracy you like it or not.

I May not be anyone like Anonymous who can hack a server or do stuff these guys can do but I will make sure word about all of Anonymous gets around to all my friends, people I know, and serve justice to those people who draw first blood on me, or my friends in any game or service espically social networks. You start a fight first be prepared for a war.

And I speak this not out of hate, But I agree with Anonymous Actions as well when they say We Do Not Forgive, We Do not Forget. Sometimes I can forgive a user in any game or service if they stop being Griefers/Trolls and tell the truth/Do what is right or I will make sure Justice is served. However Sony has been warned for one about SOPA, they have been asked not to support a bill that violates our constitution, and yet they might continue to do such. So it is their fault if your privacy is violated and your Information is leaked.

As far as comments in that video to their crimes of Bank Accounts, Well now that just means that the Bank/Company Fails at security, and maybe it is time people move their money/savings to a new account to be safe with security if what they say is true.

** AS far as other supporters of SOPA such as EA.**

You all really should Back OFF before you loose your games, service, or site as well to something so stupid that will end up costing you Millions. I am an EA user as well, and I pay for EA Games which I play, but I will totally stop playing on their services and such if they are supporting the SOPA act I don't want to be part of any type of internet censorship and their supporters.

So a list of Services, and companies supporting SOPA would be nice so I can avoid using their services.

• 77lolmac7777lolmac77 Member UncommonPosts: 492

What really angers me is these congressmen are voting on something they know nothinbg about. Which doesn't surprise me since most of them don't know anything except one word, "yes".

• JoonasJoonas Member Posts: 21

To Renoaku and anyone else who thinks like he does. Stop trying to justify stealing and all other illegal acts. The ones who are primarily at fault are the crooks who steal from you, not the people who failed to protect you. I can understand that you might be pissed off at Sony for not living up to their words, but I don't understand how you glorify the people who are actually harming you. You should hate them the most.

You're signaling that it's ok to steal, that I should now go and study computer babble and steal your credit card information etc. and get rich rather than have an actual job assisting people.

(I don't know what SOPA is)

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

If you don't know what SOPA is... don't talk in the big boy conversation.

Read up.  I highly recommend it.  

I agree with parts, disagree with parts, and will go down fighting against the parts I don't agree with.  But as always, there a TON of stuff all thrown into a bill.  I seriously doubt, even IF passed, the bill would last.  The appeals courts would quickly pause the thing and the Supreme Court would shoot down the rest JUST UNDER the free speech argument.    DMCA covers a majority of what is already needed so this is just silly.

And let us not forget this is the country that cannot enforce it's taxes or immigration, why do we think it would suddenly change on this side?

EDIT:  Added formatting so it's easier on the eyes.

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by Ikeda

The big boy conversation implies non-constructive, hateful "discussion" where you are supposed to attack the argument supporters rather than argument itself?

• VicDonneganVicDonnegan Member Posts: 106

Originally posted by kylekbb

No offense, but you mean Saddam Hussein and WMDs (Weapons of Mass Destruction), right? But yes, I think this bill is an excuse for the government to control the internet and to try to enforce "our" laws on foreign soil.

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

Sopa is rediculous law, if this comes true its end for internet as you americans know it no freedom anymore, and alot of smaller business with website will be shut down by big brother only big corps then will rule the internet.

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458

Originally posted by forest-nl
    Sopa is rediculous law, if this comes true its end for internet as you americans know it no freedom anymore, and alot of smaller business with website will be shut down by big brother only big corps then will rule the internet.

"only big corps then will rule the internet." but then our work is done! This is just what they want. As amerika continue down it's road to total 1-party right-wing fascist-corporate rule by the 1% new pseudo-aristo class.

• slickbizzleslickbizzle Member Posts: 464

Just once, I would love to see someone make a post explaining how SOPA will affect them personally, instead of the usual  "It's unconstitutional" rhetoric. 

• CeridithCeridith Member UncommonPosts: 2,980

Originally posted by Gdemami

Originally posted by Ikeda

The big boy conversation implies non-constructive, hateful "discussion" where you are supposed to attack the argument supporters rather than argument itself?

The current system of government is broken in the US. Elected officials from both parties are representing special interest groups, at the expense of the general public. Unfortunately, it seems like the only way for anyone in the general public to have any say, is to attack said special interest groups.

This is what happens when corporations are allowed to vote with their wallet through lobbying and campaign contributions. The only way to stop it is to in turn hit said corporations in their wallet. What groups like Anonymous are doing is coming out of desperation and frustration with a broken system of representation. Just like what the US founding fathers did against the British.

• NeoCountNeoCount Member Posts: 10

Originally posted by forest-nl

Which raises another issue here - it will hurt the Americans in the long run, in my opinion. This has the potential of destroying the Internet as we know it (sorry for the doom & gloom talk but just thinking about this is scary). If this Bill passes, the Internet backbone (or at least the large parts of it located in the USA) will probably move to different locations on the globe.

After all, no one said that the backbone and major sites MUST be located within the US.

My 2cents image

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Originally posted by 77lolmac77

What really angers me is these congressmen are voting on something they know nothinbg about. Which doesn't surprise me since most of them don't know anything except one word, "yes".

Well unfourtunately big corporations are playing a much bigger role in politics than most people realise. How you say? Simple, they can just withdraw their funding if a politican does not do what they like. That is why so many of them are voting yes for this.

• sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458

Originally posted by toddze

Originally posted by Lawlmonster
    indeed any senator or congressman who supported this bill is not supporting or representing the people. They have been paid off by business, they should be removed from office.

They're almost all bought-and-paid-for by the fascist-corporate-masters and the 1% new aristocracy.

This discussion has been closed.