Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Price Drop starts now

Comments

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    I wasn't talking about your sensationalist title Sammy. I was talking about the content of your post, which was factually inaccurate.

You can not buy the game "anywhere" for $40 or even $50.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• nachofootnachofoot Member UncommonPosts: 122

Originally posted by dubyahite

Originally posted by stealthbr

What we're saying is that a price drop from a third party vendor is rather insignificant news considering the official retailers are still selling the game for full price. Your OP is erroneous.

Not just that. I'm saying his entire OP is a lie. He said Amazon lowered the price specifically. He also said you can get it "anywhere" for $40.  

Those things are not true. 

Brand new:  Ebay for $40. 

Craigslist retailers selling for $40 and they'll email you the key.

Amazon sellers:  $40.

Yep, you can't buy it anywhere for $40.  Search button is your friend!

• nachofootnachofoot Member UncommonPosts: 122

I wasn't talking about your sensationalist title Sammy. I was talking about the content of your post, which was factually inaccurate.

You can not buy the game "anywhere" for $40 or even $50.

Within 2 minutes of reading this post:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-Old-Republic-PC-2011-/250964517010?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item3a6ea6a092

Search button is your friend?  Plenty available.  I doubt they run out.

Originally posted by nachofoot

What we're saying is that a price drop from a third party vendor is rather insignificant news considering the official retailers are still selling the game for full price. Your OP is erroneous.

Not just that. I'm saying his entire OP is a lie. He said Amazon lowered the price specifically. He also said you can get it "anywhere" for $40.  

You misunderstand. 

this is what the OP said:

"You can now purchase it anywhere from 40 USD to 47 USD." 

He's saying anywhere you go to buy it, it's 40 - 47 dollars.  So sure, you can buy it from ebay for that price second hand (which is always a shady proposition when talking about PC games with serial keys)  but you can't buy it ANYWHERE for that price within the context of the op

Saying " you can buy it anywhere for $40" is saying that everyone is selling it for $40. Which is STILL untrue.

Also, just looking at your ebay link, it says "more than 10 copies available" obviously a very limited supply.  Actually, just tried it, he has 13 available. LOL Hardly a retailer. 

{mod edit}

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

Tera - Dragonfall Server

• sammyelisammyeli Member Posts: 765

You can buy it "anywhere from 40" to "47 dollars". sorry I forgot american english is restarded for me sometimes,.

“The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true.”

Carl Sagan-

• OkhamsRazorOkhamsRazor Member Posts: 1,047

I managed to get it for 32.95 from sendit a UK online retailer but thats about the lowest I've seen it for over here . Apparently they keep having to order more stock for it in large retailers like Game because it sells out so fast they are having a job keeping up with demand . So I think it will probably take a month or two before online retailers sell it for around 25 uk pounds . Given its continued popularity it may retain the higher price for longer than that .

Its the fastest selling mmo ever and the momentum doesn't seem to be slowing just yet . They wont cut it untill it does .

• DudehogDudehog Member Posts: 112

I can get a doorstop for 2 bucks. 40 is still a little high.

I am from US thats why I said my american English gets retarded sometimes. ?????????????

reread it 

Amazon and few others have dropped the price on SWTOR. You can now purchase it anywhere from 40 USD to 47 USD.

you can now purchase it anywhere from 40-47 dollars.

Wouldnt I have just said hey purchase it from anywhere FOR 40 to 47 dollars if thats what i meant.?????

“The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true.”

Carl Sagan-

• DannyGloverDannyGlover Member Posts: 1,277

Eh, for the record, you could buy SWTOR on Amzaon (3rd party) for under 60 bucks even before it launched. Just sayin...

I sit on a man's back, choking him and making him carry me, and yet assure myself and others that I am very sorry for him and wish to ease his lot by all possible means - except by getting off his back.

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

Originally posted by sammyeli

I am from US thats why I said my american English gets retarded sometimes. ?????????????

reread it 

Amazon and few others have dropped the price on SWTOR. You can now purchase it anywhere from 40 USD to 47 USD.

Wouldnt I have just said hey purchase it from anywhere FOR 40 to 47 dollars if thats what i meant.?????

Link these so that people can point out how wrong you are.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• ArkiniaArkinia Member Posts: 251

Originally posted by Shivam

not even 2 weeks though hasnt even been 2 weeks, I am not saying that because of this its going to fail thats just stupid, but the price drop came too early, even the CE droped 15 bucks or so.

It is all right i know you want to say it.... game is failing..just let it out lol

nothing personal, but I think it's a great game, a lot of fun. It seems like you have an agenda?

• tachgbtachgb Member UncommonPosts: 791

Considering how over priced the game was selling for for the initial rush, it's good the price has come down a bit. EA and their bloody expensive games!

Originally posted by waynejr2

reread it 

Link these so that people can point out how wrong you are.

there is one link in this post where its 40 bucks with limited stock a few have stated they bought it for 32 pounds or so thats around 40 bucks. I dunno how much more O_O

http://www.ebay.com/ctg/Star-Wars-Old-Republic-PC-2011-/56279597?_dmpt=Video_Games_Games&_pcategid=139973&_pcatid=2&_refkw=star+wars+the+old+republic&_trkparms=65%253A12%257C66%253A2%257C39%253A1%257C72%253A5841&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

btw the reviews are good on these sellers.

Carl Sagan-

• Cameron27Cameron27 Member Posts: 142

Originally posted by nachofoot

You misunderstand. 

this is what the OP said:

"You can now purchase it anywhere from 40 USD to 47 USD." 

He's saying anywhere you go to buy it, it's 40 - 47 dollars.  So sure, you can buy it from ebay for that price second hand (which is always a shady proposition when talking about PC games with serial keys)  but you can't buy it ANYWHERE for that price within the context of the op

Saying " you can buy it anywhere for $40" is saying that everyone is selling it for $40. Which is STILL untrue.

Also, just looking at your ebay link, it says "more than 10 copies available" obviously a very limited supply.  Actually, just tried it, he has 13 available. LOL Hardly a retailer. 

Grammar. It's your friend. 

So if I can get it "ANYWHERE" for 40 bucks, why isn't gamestop or amazon or best buy selling it for $40? Is there some secret way to get that price from those retailers?  Didn't think so.  

Keep on trollin

Dubyahite, you are terrible at reading! "anywhere from" is indicating the range of the price not the place of purchase. And you insist that Amazon didn't lower its price even though he posted a pic that said $59.99 $52.00. That is Amazon lowering the price. Everything in the OP is completely factual. The only thing holding back your understanding is your bias and lack of reading comprehension. swtor is on sale Dubyahite. Deal with it!

"I will not play it nor any other MMO until they make it possible to obtain the best gear without forcing people to group up to do so." SwampRob

• grunt187grunt187 Member CommonPosts: 956

Someone is going to break their arm from "REACHING" so hard.image

But ya swtor is done, FTP within 2 months. /sarcasm off

The following statement is false
    The previous statement is true

• Sora2810Sora2810 Member Posts: 567

/rolleyes

You should really back up your information before posting blindly.

Amazon is still charging $59.95, the 46.00 you are seeing is from (moviesmusicgames) another companie who distribute through amazon. Click on new and choose Amazon.com;  $59.95

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/star-wars-the-old-republic-online/88761

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Star+Wars%3A+The+Old+Republic+-+Windows/3031171.p?id=1218373620959&skuId=3031171&st=the%20old%20republic&lp=1&cp=1

Edit: Amazon has not dropped the price on TOR. Other sellers who use amazon to sell have. This isn't a cry towards fanboi'dom this is to tell others to look closely before you buy so you get the best deal. 

Played - M59, EQOA, EQ, EQ2, PS, SWG[Favorite], DAoC, UO, RS, MXO, CoH/CoV, TR, FFXI, FoM, WoW, Eve, Rift, SWTOR, TSW.
    Playing - PS2, AoW, GW2

• DigironoDigirono Member Posts: 86

I got rift for 5 bucks like a few months back from Trion.

They were giving Rift away for free at GenCon....

Originally posted by Digirono

I got rift for 5 bucks like a few months back from Trion.

They were giving Rift away for free at GenCon....

Actauly i seen it for free also and 10 bucks for CE but that was a weekend special a few weeks back i think or maybe longer.

Carl Sagan-

Sooo some guy is selling it on eBay for $40 and that means the price has dropped?

False. The retail price is the same.

If you like buying pc games second hand off eBay then go nuts, nothing wrong with that.

And I'll admit to misunderstanding the wording of the OP. I see that he meant a price range.

This doesn't change the fact that he claimed Amazon dropped the price. They didn't. Some guy selling stuff out of his basement might have.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

Tera - Dragonfall Server

• TheCrow2kTheCrow2k Member Posts: 953

Originally posted by Kabaal

This happens with every game, no need to start shouting the end is nigh just yet. Not to mention the game was over priced to begin with.

^QFT game was very overpriced IMHO but I stupidly bought it just the same (seems I do this for almost anything Star Wars Related) besides they know that subscription $ is where the real profits are.

• RazeronRazeron Member Posts: 180

Originally posted by warmaster670

Originally posted by EricDanie

You won't see this on Steam anytime soon, which is really sad since it would probably offer something like a temporary 25% or 33% discount in a month or two (bought Arkham City with a 50% and Skyrim with a 33% discount on the holiday sale, both games which were very recently released).

It's sad that EA had to resort to boycotting key titles in order to push Origin as a viable competitor on the digital sales market.

But its somehow NOT sad for Valve to do the exact same thing with its games? double standard much?

Gotta love all the whining about EA doing something Valve has been doing for almost a decade.

But there's a reason Steam is a huge success and Origin nor GFWL never will be.

SWTOR sales would double in a week were it stuck on Steam for 40% off or so.

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589

Thanks for the laughs OP.

Originally posted by Precusor

Thanks for the laughs OP.

Yea I got a chuckle out of it too =)

Carl Sagan-

• kzaskekzaske Member UncommonPosts: 518

Yawn...  Fluffs pillow.  Thanks for the non-news.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

I'm more worried for the people playing that this drop is to grab as many people as possible and try to milk cash before leaving the game hanging. Putting the actual game to the side, a lot of what is going on with the game spells out they are trying to cash in as much as possible as quick as possible from this game. I guess the big budget would be a reason, but it just seems almost like they want to milk the game and drop it as soon as the most profit is made for it.