Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So after the swtor dissapointment i fired up wow (after 10 months rest)

124»

Comments

• PainlezzPainlezz Member UncommonPosts: 646

SWTOR is so far away from MMO I don't know where to begin!

I recently quit my geared (purplez and set / hardmode farm status Trooper. 

The only reason SWTOR lasted as long as it did for me, was I found 3 other random people who were as upset as I was at the horrible "mmo" nature of the game.  Finding groups to run hard modes is nearly impossible.  Sitting in fleet spamming general chat is NOT an acceptable way to find group mates.  Forced guilding is NOT an acceptable way to find group mates, and if you think it is, how do you find a guild?  Sit in Fleet and spam? 

There are ZERO provided useful ingame tools for finding groups or guilds.  1-50 was completely solo gameplay for me, almost no one you come across wants to group, and it's rare to see people gathering for the 2+ or 4+ missions.

4 man instance runs really limits the "mmo" flavor of a game.  I cannot tell you how many times we were about to do our daily hard mode grinding when many people in our PLAYER RUN global chat channel would ask to join.  OOPS sorry, only 4 people allowed.

SWTOR falls very VERY short of MMO.  Game has been out only 2 weeks (or less) and I find running round low level zones looking for achievement unlocks or quests I missed to be completely empty.  I rarely run into other players.  The zones are large enough that the average 60-90 people in a given "instance" of a zone will almost never cross path....

I've played SWTOR, i've experienced all of it, i've done everything.  Raided, Hard Modes, guilds, farmmed dailys.   I can tell you, it feels very lonely.  I believe the only enjoyment to be had in this game is between 4 good buddies.  4 players is not an MMO.

Reminds me of Guild Wars 1, small towns where you can chat with eachother, but any actual gameplay is basically by yourself or with 1-3 people max.

• Sora2810Sora2810 Member Posts: 567

Meh.. It's hard to say now, < TOR fanboy. After getting max and raiding, I'm starting to get the itch to play the 'other' mmo.

Oh wait wow? no, I'm talking about RIFT. Sorry, wrong forum.

TOR's a great game, however I think many people will wait until the dust settles and the improvements take place.

Played - M59, EQOA, EQ, EQ2, PS, SWG[Favorite], DAoC, UO, RS, MXO, CoH/CoV, TR, FFXI, FoM, WoW, Eve, Rift, SWTOR, TSW.
    Playing - PS2, AoW, GW2