Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Skyrim cut downs

2»

Comments

• cagancagan Member UncommonPosts: 445

I told my disappoinrment of Skyrim to my friends. It is Oblivion +better graphics  minus the depth, minus the character generation minus archery minus spell creation.

The game is dumbed down so much, I beat it twice already. Once doing every side quest possible in 70+ hours and second time following the story line.

You gonna say "you cant beat skyrim", unfortunately u can, when on master difficulty dragons cant even scratch the paint off your armor and you basicly 1-2 shot everything with your legendary 2handed sword, game is done.

I really wanted to play an archer just like in oblivion, since i am a big fan of archer in MOUNT AND BLADE (BEST COMBAT AND BEST MOUNTED COMBAT EVER MADE!!!!) but arrows hit invisible wall after some distance and even though you hit the target, sometimes they just go right through and dont register hits. So archery is out of picture...

Restarted again as a caster,became an archmage, yay! no spell creation and the current spells are so limited/restricted.

Restarted again, 2 handed orc warrior, maxed up, enchanting, smithing, alchemy, created the ultimate 2 handed sword, enchanted the armor...I crit for around 1400-1800 damage or so...1 shot everything...beat the game, did every dungeon possible with that char to see sidequests

Right now I am playing mount and blade....

• RequiamerRequiamer Member Posts: 2,034

Originally posted by cagan
    I told my disappoinrment of Skyrim to my friends. It is Oblivion +better graphics  minus the depth, minus the character generation minus archery minus spell creation.
    The game is dumbed down so much, I beat it twice already. Once doing every side quest possible in 70+ hours and second time following the story line.
    You gonna say "you cant beat skyrim", unfortunately u can, when on master difficulty dragons cant even scratch the paint off your armor and you basicly 1-2 shot everything with your legendary 2handed sword, game is done.
    I really wanted to play an archer just like in oblivion, since i am a big fan of archer in MOUNT AND BLADE (BEST COMBAT AND BEST MOUNTED COMBAT EVER MADE!!!!) but arrows hit invisible wall after some distance and even though you hit the target, sometimes they just go right through and dont register hits. So archery is out of picture...

Restarted again as a caster,became an archmage, yay! no spell creation and the current spells are so limited/restricted.

Restarted again, 2 handed orc warrior, maxed up, enchanting, smithing, alchemy, created the ultimate 2 handed sword, enchanted the armor...I crit for around 1400-1800 damage or so...1 shot everything...beat the game, did every dungeon possible with that char to see sidequests
    Right now I am playing mount and blade....

This game is definitely not made for power leveler that use console to access the best craft and stats, but whose game is for them? Doing so in real game would be a nightmare.

Between, to access long range shot you need the perks for aiming and slow time. There is no wall, but without those perks your precision fall to null after some distance, you still can hit, its just very hard. Archery in M&B is great but really too easy, i used to kill entire armies few years ago. Honestly the archery in Skyrim is just better, sure you can't do it on horseback, but still, and ye its way better than in Oblivion too, but whatever you say.

In fact Skyrim is the only game that found great skills for the archer, skill that work, make sense and make the class quiet interesting to use. It also make stamina a must to balance the class since you need a lot of stamina to aim properly. Seam you just pewpewed stupidly with your god like char and didn't really went into the game, you missed quiet a bit...

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Originally posted by Brenelael

Originally posted by GTwander

Originally posted by tazarconan

I 100% disagree with you.

CHARACTER BUILD/ADVANCEMENT :

1. Does anyone else remember how much it SUCKED having stats that push you into grinding *exactly* 10 in an associated skill in order to keep the gains at a clean +5? It's been like that since Daggerfall, for all I know, and it's always sucked. First thing I do in Oblivion? The Arena to bump heavy armor/ block to the point where i consistantly get +5 endurance each level... and having to constantly pump the solitary +1 into luck every level in the hopes to hit 100 (impossible without theif sign too).

You spend less time playing the game, and much more grinding certain skills in order to meet a quota by the time the ding hits you.

Yeah, I'm glad they got rid of it... the perks system works just fine - and YES - your "Barbarian" is the very name of the first perk in the 2h-tree. Pick it.

2.Birthsigns: Now you can switch on the fly instead of making a brand new character to test them? Oh noes! Plust the lover sign is far better than warrior/thief/etc... but why not go with steed? It makes you run faster - so thats on *you*.

WEAPON BALANCE:It's fine, the problem is mob balance and making gear OP through potions + smithing + enchants. Gamebreaking, IF you go ahead and waste 30 perks that *could* have instead been put towards, you know, combat abilities.

ARCHERY : I have beefs with it too, sometimes, but Mount and Blade isn't going to be ressurected on Sunday and haul everyone off in the Rapture either. My real gripe is that stealth + archery = exploit. It can be interesting to consitantly fool a high level mob to wander around looking for you, while you pelt him with arrows, but it's overall pretty lame... but sometimes thats the only way for my fighter char to handle some of them. When things start shouting back, it gets universally hairy.

LIFE REGENERATION: I like regens, and if you really don't want to regen mana, pick the atronach sign like in every other game. I'm personally waiting on a hardcore mode that makes food/drink/sleep necessary, but only because food/drink/sleep is f**king pointless.

I agree with GTwander 100% here. Nicely said. image

Bren

I agree, as well. I enjoyed the older systems, however I enjoy Skyrim's system more. I spent less time thinking about skills and more time engrossed in the game world and the story.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893

Archery rocks in this game ,  you need to unlock the perks , and sneak is a must have.

Right now Im trying to get 100 sneak  , then i will use  dual wield daggers   but archery is very powerful  especially when you get slow time 50% and alot of stamina  

only lvl 20 so far.