Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any point buying this now?

SendenSenden Member UncommonPosts: 602

With F2P coming next month is there any point in buying the retail version now? 

Comments

• Honeymoon69Honeymoon69 Member Posts: 647
    only EU is F2P.
  • ForumTrollForumTroll Member Posts: 140

Your from the UK, so probably not. Unless you want to get ahead of the wave of kiddies that will be downloading the game. However alot of new players means easier groups for repeatables. At the same time, this also means there will be alot of people killing the mobs your going after. Not to mention if you want to kill all the elite's/bosses in beginning map you will prob have some competition come F2P. If I were you I would just DL the trial and play that while you wait.

"People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool."

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by Honeymoon69

only EU is F2P.

And OP lives in EU....

No point for in this case, no.

• slickbizzleslickbizzle Member Posts: 464

Yes. It's worth it.

Edit:

Actually I don't know how their f2p vs premium service is set up.  

So....... I guess my answer would be: Possibly.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by slickbizzle

Yes. It's worth it.

Edit:

It is still wiser to start playing the game as F2P and later add a subscription if you enjoy it.

Buying a box right now is most likely just a waste of money, you rarely get any bonuses for owning the bos when a game goes F2P.

Paying a subscription fee in a F2P game might on the other hand be well worth it, but it is usually best to wait a few weeks before doing that.

• ForumTrollForumTroll Member Posts: 140

Originally posted by slickbizzle

Yes. It's worth it.

Edit:

While there are certain benefits to being premium and a subscription paying member, he can easily sign up for Premium when the game gets released if he enjoys it. The only thing i am thinking is if your rewards for being a paying member for a month would sway your decision. I don't believe the 1 month rewards are allt hat great though. However you would be closer to the two month/three month rewards if you picked it up now. Purely your decision, you can check rewards here

http://na.aiononline.com/services/veteran-rewards

P.S. This is from the NA site, and i don't know if they are changing the reward program come F2P.

"People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool."

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

OP, not if your planning on playing on one of the fresh servers they are throwing up at launch.

• pedrostrikpedrostrik Member UncommonPosts: 396

to the OP, yes
    Its very useful to be vet cause you get much less penalties and right now the game with 30 days included its under 20 euro, and even if you want to start on a fresh server, just made only one or 2 characters to try it and to learn it and then jump to a new server cause you will get not 2 but 8 character slots as vet, as by my self i will renew my account for 30 days then turn it to vet and maybe I'll try to change server with 1 or 2 characters cause spatalos really sucked 5 months ago .