Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So what is the current FOTM OP PvP Build?

2»

Comments

• monarc333monarc333 Member UncommonPosts: 622
    I'm playing a tank specced shadow, with all tank gear. I have a blast in pvp; I'm really hard to kill and yet I do better than average dmg. The one class ive had trouble with is a tank specced BH. I don't really see an OP class in the vein of wow. Pvp is balanced in terms of two equal lvl people, but pvp includes ALL levels which is a little ridiculous. Fighting a lvl 50 with a lvl 30 will seem unbalanced even if you have 10k health.
  • KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Originally posted by Leucent

Originally posted by Kabaal

Originally posted by tixylix

I think we have to wait till the majority of the player base gets to 50. 

However I feel like Warrior classes need a CC a lot earlier like the other classes and they need more damage. Right now you can get the top players who're always 1 or 2 in the damage rankings with any class they play but the warriors. 

They don't need more damage, they need more survivability. Even a Juggernaut who specs for damage can really dish it out but the problem is that our armor isn't giving any more protection than the proper DPS classes whilst they have other tools at their disposal. We have to rely on 2 buffs that last all of 10 to 12 seconds, one of those can only be gotten from the tank tree.

One of the fellas I do the warzones with each day plays a DPS specced 50 asassin and i play a tank specced 50 juggernaut. Mercs hit him for 3k, guess how much they hit me for too? 3k.

Are you sure. I m a tank specced jugg, and I don t get hit for nearly the damage my wifes BH gets hit for. On top of that I have a boatload more HP then she has.

Yep, but i'm talking about mercs that are as well geared as i am. If Invincible or Saber Ward are up i'm golden but without those both of us get hit for about the same amount. Your wifes bounty hunter (assuming it's 50?) should have about the same amount of armor you do without soresu form ~35%, with soresu form you will be up to around 45%, it's supposed to give 60% extra but there seems to be a soft cap around 42% that makes it harder to get more. Weird considering that when around level 10 we'd have 62% armour through the bolster buff in PvP but when you actually get to 50 you can't get anywhere near that.

• DexterMMODexterMMO Member Posts: 484

However I feel like Warrior classes need a CC a lot earlier like the other classes and they need more damage. Right now you can get the top players who're always 1 or 2 in the damage rankings with any class they play but the warriors. 

They don't need more damage, they need more survivability. Even a Juggernaut who specs for damage can really dish it out but the problem is that our armor isn't giving any more protection than the proper DPS classes whilst they have other tools at their disposal. We have to rely on 2 buffs that last all of 10 to 12 seconds, one of those can only be gotten from the tank tree.

One of the fellas I do the warzones with each day plays a DPS specced 50 asassin and i play a tank specced 50 juggernaut. Mercs hit him for 3k, guess how much they hit me for too? 3k.

you're doing something wrong. I play with a group, we have one of each class, we all top the warzones for our respective area of expertise and there is no way... what so ever that I can handle my friends murauder. Maybe you're a clicker or something I don't know. What I do know is I would not want to team with you if you can not 1v1 a BH Merc who spams tracer missles 2.4 second activation time per?

Everything I say is my opinion or personal preference. You may or may not find it useful to your cause but regardless I am entitled to it.

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Originally posted by DexterMMO

you're doing something wrong. I play with a group, we have one of each class, we all top the warzones for our respective area of expertise and there is no way... what so ever that I can handle my friends murauder. Maybe you're a clicker or something I don't know. What I do know is I would not want to team with you if you can not 1v1 a BH Merc who spams tracer missles 2.4 second activation time per?

I'm not a marauder, i'm a tank juggernaught. If you think you can kill a merc standing toe to toe while specced as a tank then be my guest to go try. I also made no mention of tracer missile spam. Now, instead of throwing out the cliched random pvp insults perhaps you might want to read conversations before jumping in head first.

• DexterMMODexterMMO Member Posts: 484

I'm not a marauder, i'm a tank juggernaught. If you think you can kill a merc standing toe to toe while specced as a tank then be my guest to go try. I also made no mention of tracer missile spam. Now, instead of throwing out the cliched random pvp insults perhaps you might want to read conversations before jumping in head first.

Take offense to it if you want, you're wrong and you're doing something wrong, you do not have to maintain a full tank build... you have 3 trees to mix and match. You're at fault, no one else, not the game, not the company, not other players, YOU

Everything I say is my opinion or personal preference. You may or may not find it useful to your cause but regardless I am entitled to it.

• LoekiiLoekii Member Posts: 430

Originally posted by monarc333

Fighting a lvl 50 with a lvl 30 will seem unbalanced even if you have 10k health.

From what I have seen, the Lvl 50 Characters, with their access to Expertise (PvP Stat - not accesable to other levels) is the FOTM OP PVP Build.  ;-)

• PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108

All the different answers in here is proof that there is no completely dominating class... Sure there is classes that are easier to play, classes that have more control than others, and classes that have more dmg.

But unless the OP says what it is he is looking for he will be getting suggestions about every class in game.

If you just want a strong character that is fairly easy to play, go Sorc.

And when you read through all of the responses, keep in mind that very few have played every class and knows the ins and outs of every class.

Which means answers will be based on personal experience encountering these classes in PvP, instead of playing them themselves, and just encountering another class does not make one an expert on said class, there are more factors playing into it, that might distort ones picture / opinion, of a class.

I'll say this though, Sorcs seem to get the most hate, they got dmg, survivability, and utility in cc and roots,  so this would be my advise, even though I haven't played one.

I am a sith assassin myself, and we do just fine.

• tixylixtixylix Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

Take offense to it if you want, you're wrong and you're doing something wrong, you do not have to maintain a full tank build... you have 3 trees to mix and match. You're at fault, no one else, not the game, not the company, not other players, YOU

The thing is it comes down to player ability, you'll beat a bad player in any class. However if you get all top players against each other then you will always lose with a warrior atm in a 1 v 1. They're just under powered and why would you gimp yourself?

Right now I think the main class in PVP is the Sage and Sorc because they just have everything given to them so early on. I think they're a bit OP atm and would like to see them lose one of their anti CC abilities which I think will balance them, I think get rid of the in combat run and make it an Assassin/Shadow ability. I think they have four Anti CC abilities and that is more than any other class, especially for what is mainly a ranged class.

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180

The FOTM OP class is the consular / inquisitor, primarily assassin or shadow builds, but the ranged DPS specs are equally powerful.

This is primarily due to the shadows and assassins ability to use force run, use in and out of combat stealth, and use a nearly impenetrable bubble, including an AOE knockback early on, and instant ticking ranged damage abilities.  They've tried toning it down quite a bit in beta, and the class still needs work,  and this is from someone who's played the Consular all the way through beta, and has played one in live too.

You can't take class outlook from the average persons perspective when you get into PvP and FOTM builds.. because the average person won't play any class amazingly well.   The fact of the matter is,  consulars and inquisitors are just geared towards being able to do just about everything,  and a lot of abilities are inherent to AC so .. a stealth tank is not ideal to fight against in comparison to,  say, a stealth healer (scoundrel)  and on top of that, in combat stealth and force run are the ultimate survival abilities on PvP maps.  Low on health?  Stealth away or run to a health powerup...  9 times out of 10 you'll always get there before any of your opponents. 

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589

All i ever see in Bgs are Sith inquisitors..

• DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521
    Originally posted by maskedweasel

The FOTM OP class is the consular / inquisitor, primarily assassin or shadow builds, but the ranged DPS specs are equally powerful.

This is primarily due to the shadows and assassins ability to use force run, use in and out of combat stealth, and use a nearly impenetrable bubble, including an AOE knockback early on, and instant ticking ranged damage abilities.  They've tried toning it down quite a bit in beta, and the class still needs work,  and this is from someone who's played the Consular all the way through beta, and has played one in live too.

You can't take class outlook from the average persons perspective when you get into PvP and FOTM builds.. because the average person won't play any class amazingly well.   The fact of the matter is,  consulars and inquisitors are just geared towards being able to do just about everything,  and a lot of abilities are inherent to AC so .. a stealth tank is not ideal to fight against in comparison to,  say, a stealth healer (scoundrel)  and on top of that, in combat stealth and force run are the ultimate survival abilities on PvP maps.  Low on health?  Stealth away or run to a health powerup...  9 times out of 10 you'll always get there before any of your opponents. 

Assassins don't have a bubble

Originally posted by Draemos

No, assassins are a tank spec, they get plenty of other damage mitigation abilities, similar to the same bubble the sage gets.

• PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108

-snip-

No, assassins are a tank spec, they get plenty of other damage mitigation abilities, similar to the same bubble the sage gets.

1 out 3 trees is tank, correct.

I can see that being useful in organized teams, but in random pvp, I go with dmg and control.

Originally posted by Beazt

-snip-

1 out 3 trees is tank, correct.

I can see that being useful in organized teams, but in random pvp, I go with dmg and control.

This is true, but shadow and assassing get inherent abilities to that class, so even if you go DPS you still get the shields,  just like if you are a DPS commando you stil get heals,  or if you're a healing scoundrel you still get stealth attacks.

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026

Right now there is far too much pvp with massively differing ranges in levels and gear quality. Certain classes capitalize on this (long ranged aoe classes). Once the game has 50 only pvp where everyone has better gear you can then judge real power.

Right now all the rage is sorcs doing insane damage. This is aoe damage so it adds up higher. Get one alone and it dies to a few classes (some easily ... like my operative). 

Operatives (and mirror) and very powerful due to being adaptive (either broad spectrum or specilized spike damage) but because of this it means you will always do good but rarely top all meters when aoe can simply dump filler stats (usually mostly meaningless). One on one they are beasts though. Equal skill, level and gear and I would be they beat nearly every class most of the time currently but mostly due to some classes being in need of buffs or not designed for duals (but excel elsewhere).

I will say this though: Tanks are not utilized effectively yet. Most of the whining is due to players have no clue how to utilize group tactics. If done right tanks are beasts (not sure which is better atm mind you although I'd lean toward powertecs with my limited play experience but prefer assassin/shadow out of concept :) ).

Fully expect buffs and nerfs soon though. It simply always just happens.

You stay sassy!

• treysmoothtreysmooth Member UncommonPosts: 648

Originally posted by Golelorn

I played a melee, and did OK - nothing spectacular. I played a healer and hated it. Healing in PvP is totally borked. Healing is nerfed by 30% right off the bat(PvP trauma).

Plus add in the massive damage being put out, and your measly 2-4k that takes 3 seconds to get off healers are pretty much not balanced in PvP. I should mention this is from a Jedi Con. No experience with the other healing classes.

DPS rules in PvP. I believe a BH or smuggler would be the way to go, but I haven't had the motivation to play.

DPS from squishy ranged classes like BH is AOE and spread out DoTs, sure the numbers can get high but you have no real cc no real survivability in comparison to other classes. Melee Warriors can charge in and beat people down doing amazing single target dps. Power Tech, the tank BH has ranged attacks but also solid melee attacks nad a ton of survivability, many consider this to be the tankiest class in the game yet it still can dish out heavy dps, has a charge and a pull. Assassins start off slow but as you level you start to unlock their kit and i'll be the first to admit it, on my Merc... their knock down = I'm dead, they have crazy single target burst and can stealth to get away while in combat... reall dislike that ability but it's there and very useful.

You are kidding right? Bounty hunter is far from squishy, wears heavy armor and can heal, their DPS AC can just stand face to face with a Sith Warrior and spam it's tracer and heat seeker missiles while soaking every bit of damage the warrior can do to it and be the only one standing. Even flat out DPS spec on my 50 warrior last night i couldn't even come close to outdamaging a 50 merc who just stood there and took what i could give him.

The more I play the pvp I've started to see this from the BH's.  They deal crazy damage and if I see a 50 I don't even bother to engage unless I have at least a couple to help.  As a maruader I can't even put a dent in most bh's health before they down me.