Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Massively's Best of 2011 Awards

Comments

• MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614

When I see Massively's explanation for picking SWTOR it makes me want to vomit to be honest:

RIFT launched as a staff favorite in March, but it's both the freshness of SWTOR's launch and the fact that MMO fans have been going nuts over this game for years that combine to make this our Game of the Year.

If you want to pick a game game of the year, ok do it, but give some solid reasons as to why.  This is basically just saying - "SWTOR had the most hype and it's fresh, so we picked it".  Absolutely pathetic.

• MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614

Originally posted by Jarazar

Originally posted by Shivam

No surprise and it deserves all the praise and awards. Also nice to see people grumbling, just makes all the awards worth it ;)

I agree. And, that's a total of 4 awards for ToR so far. Not bad for a trash game right? :-)

No not bad at all but hardly surprising - people eat up mediocrity on a regular basis if they are told it's fine cuisine.

• BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195

Who gives a shite one way or another? I like TOR but these awards are a dime a dozen. I'll admit...Distopia has a good point about some people judging a game as rubbish in less than an hour but almost 3 weeks of game time (counting the early release) is somehow not enough for others to rate it as game of the year. That aside ..I'll say again..who frakking cares? Even if they are paid off...which I doubt..no site review or crappy reward should be the sole reason you buy a game anyway. Play what you like and be done with the bullshit.

• RedKatanaRedKatana Member Posts: 211

It has to be a joke but other then that Happy New Year everyone.

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

tag

• fonyfony Member Posts: 755

lolololoolol

• Moaky07Moaky07 Member Posts: 2,096

Originally posted by Margulis

No surprise and it deserves all the praise and awards. Also nice to see people grumbling, just makes all the awards worth it ;)

I agree. And, that's a total of 4 awards for ToR so far. Not bad for a trash game right? :-)

No not bad at all but hardly surprising - people eat up mediocrity on a regular basis if they are told it's fine cuisine.

No doubt. Folks are clamoring for boring sandboxes till this very day. Lets plant another row of corn Owen....what a great game woo hoo!!!!!! Farmville has nothing on us....we pay 15 bucks a month.

I am digging on TOR. 5 Characters now are lvl 10 or higher. I am glad it is getting recognition.

Asking Devs to make AAA sandbox titles is like trying to get fine dining on a McDonalds dollar menu budget.

• ShivamShivam Member Posts: 465

And there is always one who thinks he is better than everyone else because of his taste in a video game. I am pretty sure what you eat up thinking 'hey fine cuisine' is just mediocre for someone else. Don't be under an illussion that you are better because you are not.

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty -- Mahatma Gandhi

• ArawulfArawulf Guest WriterMember UncommonPosts: 597

Grats to BioWare!

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

If you get paid by EA any game website would make this game GotY 2012 thats obvious, i was never a fan of massively anyway.

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• ShivamShivam Member Posts: 465

Originally posted by forest-nl

If you get paid by EA any game website would make this game GotY 2012 thats obvious, i was never a fan of massively anyway.

Usually whne i dislike a game and it gets awards and positive ratings i grumble a lot and cry myself to sleep and tell myself that these people are getting paid for giving high ratings. It makes me feel a lot better.

But if i like the game..well no such scenario exists and all reviews are fair and honest.

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty -- Mahatma Gandhi

• ScalebaneScalebane Member UncommonPosts: 1,883

hmm i would think game of the year would mean you would have been around for most of the year but i guess not lol.

they did give the best launch award to RIft though, wonder how many Swtor fans screamed about that lol.

"The great thing about human language is that it prevents us from sticking to the matter at hand."
    - Lewis Thomas

• grunt187grunt187 Member CommonPosts: 956

Originally posted by Scalebane

hmm i would think game of the year would mean you would have been around for most of the year but i guess not lol.

they did give the best launch award to RIft though, wonder how many Swtor fans screamed about that lol.

I'm a swtor fan and rift fan aswell and i cant complain about rift getting best launch or with swtor getting GoTY, go figure.image

The following statement is false
    The previous statement is true

• kaliniskalinis Member Posts: 1,428

Funny thing is if u read it. They actually made fun of all u people who say stuff like oh my god must of got paid to say that. 

if u read the post . They went oh my god u must of got paid to say that in there remarks

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192
    None of these award things have any sort of merit through my eyes
  • MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188

Bought and paid for by the following...

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• ScalebaneScalebane Member UncommonPosts: 1,883

Originally posted by kalinis

Funny thing is if u read it. They actually made fun of all u people who say stuff like oh my god must of got paid to say that. 

if u read the post . They went oh my god u must of got paid to say that in there remarks

yeah they admitted the gave the game the award over hype, pretty good reason to pick a game of the year award on >.>

"The great thing about human language is that it prevents us from sticking to the matter at hand."
    - Lewis Thomas

• LexinLexin Member UncommonPosts: 701

Another Award TOR does not deserve for this year... Don't understand why websites jump the gun like this I mean give it more then 2 weeks before giving an award to a new MMO. 

Now I have not played RIFT or TOR (nore will I ever) but RIFT should have gotten it and save next years for TOR. I'm at a loss for words.

• BlackndBlacknd Member Posts: 600

Originally posted by Lexin

Now I have not played RIFT or TOR (nore will I ever) but RIFT should have gotten it and save next years for TOR. I'm at a loss for words.

This is why I dislike a lot of the forumbase. 

"I haven't played X nor Y mmo, but X deserves an award over Y."

Really?

.. But in a good way.

Originally posted by Blacknd

Really?

Yes really the free month isn't even up so they are cleary one sided with their pick. I mean give TOR best new MMO but not GoTY.

• BlackndBlacknd Member Posts: 600

Really?

Yes really the free month isn't even up so they are cleary one sided with their pick. I mean give TOR best new MMO but not GoTY.

And automatically giving it to Rift is the definition of one sided.

.. But in a good way.

Really?

And automatically giving it to Rift is the definition of one sided.

I don't recall any other MMO released last year worth mentioning.

• dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592

Originally posted by Massively

OMG this game just launched! How can we possibly rate this the game of the year! We must be paid off! Adhgdjhgdudbjh! <snip>

If you have to preface your award with something like this, it should be sending alarm bells ringing through your head. They knew giving SWTOR the GOTY award was a joke, and yet they still did it.

<3

• pharazonicpharazonic Member Posts: 860

When I see Massively's explanation for picking SWTOR it makes me want to vomit to be honest:

RIFT launched as a staff favorite in March, but it's both the freshness of SWTOR's launch and the fact that MMO fans have been going nuts over this game for years that combine to make this our Game of the Year.

If you want to pick a game game of the year, ok do it, but give some solid reasons as to why.  This is basically just saying - "SWTOR had the most hype and it's fresh, so we picked it".  Absolutely pathetic.

This right here. 

Massively just lost a massive number of credibility points with me. 

"Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

I need to take this advice more.

• pharazonicpharazonic Member Posts: 860

Originally posted by dreamscaper

Originally posted by Massively

OMG this game just launched! How can we possibly rate this the game of the year! We must be paid off! Adhgdjhgdudbjh!

If you have to preface your award with something like this, it should be sending alarm bells ringing through your head. They knew giving SWTOR the GOTY award was a joke, and yet they still did it.

I don't know which one I love more; your spot-on observation or your avatar n_n

"Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

I need to take this advice more.