Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Sandboxes for 2012

username509username509 Member CommonPosts: 635

So the Sandbox genre appears to be gaining steam and there's a lot of new sandboxes on the horizon for 2012.  Here's a list of them I found over at sandboxer.

http://sandboxer.org/?p=409

I'm looking forward to The Repopulation even though it may not be released in 2012.  What Sandbox games are you looking forward to in 2012?

NB4 Embers of Cereus.  That game won't go live until 2015, sorry guys.  

Never trust a screenshot or a youtube video without a version stamp!

Comments

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,348

Originally posted by username509

What Sandbox games are you looking forward to in 2012?

Nothing, really, as none of them have any real hope of being better than the one I'm playing right now:  Uncharted Waters Online.

I don't get the constant focus on what's coming out in the future, while ignoring what's already available today.

• drakes821drakes821 Member UncommonPosts: 535

Honestly I'd be suprised if any of those games make it out in 2012.

Currently I'm having fun with Darkfall so I'd deffinately switch over to Darkfall 2.0 if/when they ever release it.

• drago6817drago6817 Member Posts: 18

Originally posted by drakes821

Honestly I'd be suprised if any of those games make it out in 2012.

Currently I'm having fun with Darkfall so I'd deffinately switch over to Darkfall 2.0 if/when they ever release it.

Is darkfall 2 going to have any sand in it or is it still going to be a thinly veiled game of counterstrike?

I played darkfall1 and found it sandless and entirely pvp oriented. Don't get me wrong I love ffa pvp full loot games, I'd just like one where that isnt the only thing to do, or the main focus of the game. I'd actually prefer that to be generally frowned upon and have consequences for a risk vs reward type of thing.