Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Comments

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

Little lower sales than I thought it would be, still great, but I figured 2-3 million, from what everyone was saying.

Hope they reinvest it and get some of the not at launch content rolling.

• PelaajaPelaaja Member Posts: 697

It's a good figure to say the least.

It's on par with the sane predictions on these forums, so not surprisingly low or high.

Now they have to face the average player that plays the content once and decides wheter to subscribe or not. With retention rate of 50% they are at 800k that is a huge success.

• EndDreamEndDream Member Posts: 1,152

Again, VG Charts does not include digital orders or order outside the US.  SO the number may be almost double that. 

Remember Old School Ultima Online

• GuileplayerGuileplayer Member Posts: 418

VGchartz sales chart only cover box sales but it is worldwide. 

Currently Playing: SSFIV AE, SFxTekken, SWTOR, WoW. Waiting for: GW2, Resident Evil 6.

• ShivamShivam Member Posts: 465

Digital sales are not counted so i would say above 2 million easily which is very very impressive for a MMORPG. Congrats Bioware.

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty -- Mahatma Gandhi

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

Originally posted by EndDream

Again, VG Charts does not include digital orders or order outside the US.  SO the number may be almost double that. 

It had European numbers on the list, and it kicked in like a 200k extrapolation for other parts unknown...So it isn't just U.S., as for digital...no clue.

• ScypherothScypheroth Member Posts: 264

...and now im just a statistic to this turn and burn out game....worst 60 bucks i ever spent.

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    The only time it is US only is the preorder charts. On their actual post launch sales charts it's world wide.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

Damn, EU parliament is so fast and slick at their moves. We are part of US now?

• DeolusDeolus Member UncommonPosts: 392

Originally posted by Pelaaja

lol off topic I know but I think I'd rather the UK be part of the US than part of the EU atm :)

• select20select20 Member Posts: 130

Congrats to Bioware. I love my family more than anything, but Not since Eq1 Kunark+ days have I felt like playing a game instead of hanging out with family sometimes. I know bad, but I'm having a great time. I'm not naieve enought to know that the frist few milestones (1st month, 3rd month, 6th and the year mark) are going to really show how successful SWTOR is.

"Life is 10% of what happens to you and 90% of how you react to it."

• JarazarJarazar Member Posts: 231

Originally posted by Scypheroth

...and now im just a statistic to this turn and burn out game....worst 60 bucks i ever spent.

Nice signature you have there...

• EndDreamEndDream Member Posts: 1,152

Originally posted by dubyahite

The only time it is US only is the preorder charts. On their actual post launch sales charts it's world wide.

ahh my mistake.

Remember Old School Ultima Online

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Anyone have an idea how accurate in general VGChartz estimates are?

From the chart I can't see whether 1 week implies pre-orders + launch or the number are 1 week from launch with no pre-orders.

Originally posted by Deolus

lol off topic I know but I think I'd rather the UK be part of the US than part of the EU atm :)

More offtopic, please bare.

Isn't US one of UKs rebelling colonies? Just go there and take back what's yours ;)

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735

Originally posted by Deolus

thats because the uk is Americas lapdog :)

• Sicc1Sicc1 Member UncommonPosts: 243

If the worst 60 bucks you ever spent was on a game, you need to get out more.

Darkfall - Sick
    Earthrise - Sick

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Hmm...seems like another place that "guesses" how many copies are sold, think I'll wait for the official EA/Bioware results.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by parrotpholk

Depends really.  Some of their stuff has been shown to be accurate while other has been shown to be wild speculation in the past.  I would say this is fairly close though.

Hrm...dunno. It is the first time I see this site but because there is no information how those numbers were obtained and what they actually represent(my previous post), they do not seem to be very reliable...

/shrugs

• obiiobii Member UncommonPosts: 804

Depends, as 2 Million is the least I expected them to sell.

It is Star Wars and Bioware!

• CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641

I'm please for EA and Bioware if this tuirns out to be accurate and though I really like the game, you could me a fanbois, actually just do it. But leaving that all aside I feel its good for the industry that finally we might see some competition in the marketplace all we need now is TSW and GW2 to succeed and you'll see more variety hit the market in the future and finally the sanboxers might finally STFU......... only kidding guys....... Happy New Year..

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

• TarwaterTarwater Member Posts: 63

Sounds like a hugely successful launch.

I bet they made back a lot on their investment, if not all of it.  Whatever they make on subs will probably be gravy.  They said they only need 500K to turn a profit. 

Which is good.  Because that's how many I imagine they end up with, when it's all said and done.  Most people aren't going to pay a monthly sub for a co-op game.  I imagine once they hit 50, they'll be done.

• NMStudioNMStudio Member Posts: 376

Hopefully EA/BioWare releases some official numbers soon.  It's funny how when they said "Over One Million", the haters immediately jumped up with "Only one million!".  As it turns out, when they said over a million, they obviuosly meant it.

Any projections on digital sales?

• TJixleeTJixlee Member Posts: 159

you are going into almost every thread just blasting the game....... say it once and get out stop being so dang repetitive

and your sig backs all the crap talk you have made to the game

• BanquettoBanquetto Member UncommonPosts: 1,037

So, twice as successful as WAR? That's a bit of a worry, they'll certainly be needing a better-than-average retention rate.