Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any Solution to Shimmering Textures? Driving me NUTS!!!

I have a pretty good gamimg rig Intel 2600k with Two Nvidia 560 TI SC running sli now my issue is shimmering textures at distances they are so bad in some areas its actually giving me a headache on long game sessions.

I tried several things and of course AF is a 16x.. I tried clamping the Neg LOD Bias. I tried a dozen combinations of AA using nvidia inspector.. Tried SGSSAA which helps a little but but still shimmering in lot of areas(makes game look ALOT better BTW).. I cannot for the life of me find a combo for that well reduce most of the shimmering.. Anyone got any ideas?

asked on official forums several times and did not get a single repsonse...

going all the way to 8x SGSAA does the trick for the most part but brings my FPS down to a crawl so not even playable..

Comments

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Pulling gamma down might help some if the shimmer is in the middle of the brightness curve (not on top where gamma doesn't effect).

Also, see if the game's controls has a low-fx setting.  Some engines change to simpler shaders on old cards.  If you can force it into a mode that doesn't do this shimmer effect, you won't have to deal with it.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • sanosukexsanosukex Member Posts: 1,836

Originally posted by ActionMMORPG

Pulling gamma down might help some if the shimmer is in the middle of the brightness curve (not on top where gamma doesn't effect).

Also, see if the game's controls has a low-fx setting.  Some engines change to simpler shaders on old cards.  If you can force it into a mode that doesn't do this shimmer effect, you won't have to deal with it.

no luck there tried all sorts of gamma nothing effected it.. also tried going from the high to low shader quality in-game.. still no effect... still only thing I have found to almost elmiate this was 8x SGSSAA but it rapes my fps