Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Write Us a PvP Guide, Make Some Scratch!

BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

We recently kicked off a new series of Advanced Class guides for Star Wars: The Old Republic, and we're looking to branch out a bit, so we want your help!

While the guides we are currently working on are more general PvE focused guides, we're also interested in putting together some PvP guides, and that's where you come in. Bill and I will be working on the Marauder, Sentinel, Mercenary, and Commando PvP guides, but we'd like you all to help with the rest.

Basically, we want you to put together a PvP guide or guide(s) for any of the game's Advanced Classes not mentioned above. We'll then choose the best guides as our official MMORPG.com guides for each respective class.

If the honor of having us choose your guide isn't enough, we're also throwing in some scratch: the writer of each winning guide will receive $50 for their awesome work.

Getting started is pretty simple.  First, take a look at the Mercenary Guide we published today. We'd like you to use this as a template. From there, take advantage of our awesome User Features system to put together your guide. Just file it under Star Wars: The Old Republic as a Game Guide. That's it!

If you have any questions on this or how to use the User Features system, let us know in the comments below!

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

Comments

• SetsunSetsun Member UncommonPosts: 286

I love the idea! Will keep an eye out for more guides.

• etlaretlar Member UncommonPosts: 855

Would llove to see a Juggernaut/Knight PvP guide! :)

Currently i just use my tank spec for pvp, which seems to work fine, got 6gold medals in my first warzone, im only llvl 19 with him though :)

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Originally posted by etlar

Would llove to see a Juggernaut/Knight PvP guide! :)

Currently i just use my tank spec for pvp, which seems to work fine, got 6gold medals in my first warzone, im only llvl 19 with him though :)

We want YOU guys to write the guide(s). So we can give you guys MONEY. :D

• PainlezzPainlezz Member UncommonPosts: 646

Level to 50, win.  Guide Done.

Why so simple?  I'll tell ya! 

Every players, from level 10ish onward is dumped into the same PvP matches.  Level 50's with every skill available to them fighting level 10's (or so) with 3 skills available to them.  Buffed HP and damage makes it a bit more even I suppose but still pretty bad.

• fadisfadis Member Posts: 469

Hrm... you can be pretty scary as a level 11, if you craft yourself a nice set of purple/blue gear.  The buffs scale nicely :D

On the other hand... then you quickly become NOT level 11 and then as you said....

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180

Good idea guys image , I really hope it takes off.. I'll see where we're at in a day or so,  I might be interested in writing a scoundrel guide myself!  

• VyethVyeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,461

Could work, but unlike Rift there are no PvP "souls" or PvP specific tree's for anyone.. Every mob will force you to use every skill that you have access to (yes that includes knockbacks, stuns and CC breakers) so no matter where you spec you are gaining something while losing something else..

But as of this writing, Inquisitor/Consular are the FoTM, with Smug/Agent close behind (due to their 100% knockdown perk in the middle tree)