Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Call Of duty

iToxiiCziToxiiCz Member Posts: 34

i just love call of duty! ^_^

its an amazing game 18+

But theres a problem with age rules.

ive seen 10 year olds on CoD

But CoD leads to youtube

but who cares <3

its a great game i play alot.

i like it on PlayStation 3

if anyone wants to add me

my accounts are on ps3:

TaZo_Ace

Start_Se7en

how do i change my forum pic?

|--Kamran--|

Comments

• VittoriosoVittorioso Member UncommonPosts: 33

about that, I just dont know what game is better, CoD MW3 or Battlefield 3

Just some little things I know about Cod is that it just have some new weaps, diferent maps, but still small, and graphics are almost the same than CoD MW2.

About B3, that have amazing graphics, and huge maps. But very complicated because you have a lot of "things" to do, like use veicles, tanks, etc... (that could be bad for someone who doesnt like complete games, or coulb be great 4 someone who likes a real combat game ) :P

Anyway, as you said that you are a CoD fan, maybe you can give me your opinion

Thanks and good luck

PD: I have ps3

• travdotytravdoty Member UncommonPosts: 274

Any Battlefield game > the COD game from the same time period. Battlefield has and always will be the superior series.

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

Originally posted by travdoty

Any Battlefield game > the COD game from the same time period. Battlefield has and always will be the superior series.

QFT

CoD graphics are horrible, especially on ps3.  BF3 graphics are simply amazing, on the ps3 they look almost as good as a computer with a geforce 580 gtx.

CoD has always had big balance issues, snipers don't have to worry about bullet drop, and overall, any new gun is better than the previous gun you had.  In BF3, there is much better balance in weapons.  Sniping is actually hard, not the extremely easy affair like CoD.  I love sniping in CoD since you just point and shoot.  In BF3 it's actually a challenge, but once you get the droppage down, you can take out most people with 2-3 shots depending on distance.  Another thing BF3 has is that guns do less damage the further away you are.  You can 1 shot with just about any Recon weapon up close, but from far far away (like from edges of the map), it almost always takes 2-4 shots depending on the gun.

BF3 also has more of a tactical setting.  You rely on Assault (medics) and Support (ammo) to keep your squad up and fighting in those long drawn out battles.

Then there's the campaign....I know, I know, noone cares about campaign, but I do.  The campaign story in CoD is kind of hard to follow at first, you start to get it about half way through.  BF3's campaign is much much better.  It makes sense.  CoD's campaign seems to be an after thought, like 15 days before launche someone told the head guy...."oh we forgot to add single player!"

CoD

Graphics :  5

I'm sorry, but the graphics are worse than PS2 games.

Sound: 6

There's really only like 4-5 different sounds for guns, and surround sound doesn't really work.

Campaign: 7 

It doesn't make sense until about halfway through, you just run around following people, and rarely actually have to shoot

Co-Op: 2

They're just plain boring...

Multiplayer: 9

It really depends, if you think of it as an arcade game, it's really good.  If you want an actual FPS it's horrible.  Not to mention like half the players are hacking...I see you aiming at me through a wall with killcam you idiots lol. (and no they don't have a UAV up...)

Fun: 7

Once you get to higher levels and get better guns, you can shoot people up pretty easy, but there's alot of hackers.

Community: 1

People take this game way too seriously, and nothing is worse than listening to some 10 year old cry and curse up a storm because he died...pitiful

Battlefield 3

Graphics : 10

The best graphics I've ever seen in a FPS, period.

Sound: 10

If you have surround sound it's simply amazing, almost all guns have thier own signature sound, and you can hear just about anything, jets in the distance, tanks rumbling along, footsteps, even the little engineer bot you can hear it all and it's all different.

Campaign: 9

I've played through the campaign twice, and I might just do it again.  It's simply a blast...pun intended hehe

Co-Op: 7

It's not as fun as the campaign, but it's an actual challenge and the first mission is fun as heck, nothing beats blowing stuff up in a helicopter :)

Multiplayer: 10

The best multiplayer FPS I've played since the original BF.  Simply put, it has everything.  There's more than just running around suicide shooting everything in sight, like just about every other FPS out.

Fun: 10

I've never had so much fun going 0-20 before lol.  This game is fun even if you don't get many kills.

Community: 4

What can I say...the FPS community is worse than the MMO community.  Most people take the game way too seriously, but at least I've met several friends that actually talk and we squad up and go pwn some noobs hehe.

Just my very long 2 cents :)

• MetanolMetanol Member UncommonPosts: 248

Call of Duty? Come on, that's a game for children. And this battlefield series is not any better, only thing good to come out of battlefield was Project Reality mod for BF2, which on the other hand is divine.

However, I think I still prefer Armed Assault series over everything else in shooter genre. Best milsim around for me and with a wide selection of gamemodes + mods. From Project Reality: ArmA with huge pvp + teamwork focus to Advanced Combat Environment which offers best CO-OP scenarios ever, and oh the realism!

Of course there's also Natural Selection 2 coming up, which is quite good. Heh, who am I kidding? It's in a very good condition, even though it's still in beta (Has been for over a year, but the progress is certainly visible.) And Planetside 2 - but can't say anything about that, don't want to jinx it so SOE rapes it completely. Nuclear Dawn is also quite an interesting arcade shooter, actually the only one I've had interest in, in a long time that is.

PS. Hey OP! What's with the INSANE FONT?

We?re all dead, just say it.

• iToxiiCziToxiiCz Member Posts: 34

Originally posted by Vittorioso

about that, I just dont know what game is better, CoD MW3 or Battlefield 3

Just some little things I know about Cod is that it just have some new weaps, diferent maps, but still small, and graphics are almost the same than CoD MW2.

About B3, that have amazing graphics, and huge maps. But very complicated because you have a lot of "things" to do, like use veicles, tanks, etc... (that could be bad for someone who doesnt like complete games, or coulb be great 4 someone who likes a real combat game ) :P

Anyway, as you said that you are a CoD fan, maybe you can give me your opinion

Thanks and good luck

PD: I have ps3

Well i cant really say anything since i have never played B3 but i just LOVE the CoD series,  Mw3 is a lil complicated and the maps... god theyre just disgusting, but the actual gameplay is AMAZING and the gun graphics are as amazing as hell. there are nooby campers that camp up your ass >.< but apart from the maps and the campers GOD i love tht game.

i dont know anything about B3 tho :/ i might need to get it

By the way are you mad for camping? if you are i would recommend medal of honor.

Originally posted by Metanol

Call of Duty? Come on, that's a game for children. And this battlefield series is not any better, only thing good to come out of battlefield was Project Reality mod for BF2, which on the other hand is divine.

However, I think I still prefer Armed Assault series over everything else in shooter genre. Best milsim around for me and with a wide selection of gamemodes + mods. From Project Reality: ArmA with huge pvp + teamwork focus to Advanced Combat Environment which offers best CO-OP scenarios ever, and oh the realism!

Of course there's also Natural Selection 2 coming up, which is quite good. Heh, who am I kidding? It's in a very good condition, even though it's still in beta (Has been for over a year, but the progress is certainly visible.) And Planetside 2 - but can't say anything about that, don't want to jinx it so SOE rapes it completely. Nuclear Dawn is also quite an interesting arcade shooter, actually the only one I've had interest in, in a long time that is.

PS. Hey OP! What's with the INSANE FONT?

LOL i see where ur coming from. i might have to try them games :O

And the INSANE FONT is when i want to make a Point.

Originally posted by Gravarg

Originally posted by travdoty

QFT

CoD graphics are horrible, especially on ps3.  BF3 graphics are simply amazing, on the ps3 they look almost as good as a computer with a geforce 580 gtx.

CoD has always had big balance issues, snipers don't have to worry about bullet drop, and overall, any new gun is better than the previous gun you had.  In BF3, there is much better balance in weapons.  Sniping is actually hard, not the extremely easy affair like CoD.  I love sniping in CoD since you just point and shoot.  In BF3 it's actually a challenge, but once you get the droppage down, you can take out most people with 2-3 shots depending on distance.  Another thing BF3 has is that guns do less damage the further away you are.  You can 1 shot with just about any Recon weapon up close, but from far far away (like from edges of the map), it almost always takes 2-4 shots depending on the gun.

BF3 also has more of a tactical setting.  You rely on Assault (medics) and Support (ammo) to keep your squad up and fighting in those long drawn out battles.

Then there's the campaign....I know, I know, noone cares about campaign, but I do.  The campaign story in CoD is kind of hard to follow at first, you start to get it about half way through.  BF3's campaign is much much better.  It makes sense.  CoD's campaign seems to be an after thought, like 15 days before launche someone told the head guy...."oh we forgot to add single player!"

CoD

Graphics :  5

I'm sorry, but the graphics are worse than PS2 games.

Sound: 6

There's really only like 4-5 different sounds for guns, and surround sound doesn't really work.

Campaign: 7 

It doesn't make sense until about halfway through, you just run around following people, and rarely actually have to shoot

Co-Op: 2

They're just plain boring...

Multiplayer: 9

It really depends, if you think of it as an arcade game, it's really good.  If you want an actual FPS it's horrible.  Not to mention like half the players are hacking...I see you aiming at me through a wall with killcam you idiots lol. (and no they don't have a UAV up...)

Fun: 7

Once you get to higher levels and get better guns, you can shoot people up pretty easy, but there's alot of hackers.

Community: 1

People take this game way too seriously, and nothing is worse than listening to some 10 year old cry and curse up a storm because he died...pitiful

Battlefield 3

Graphics : 10

The best graphics I've ever seen in a FPS, period.

Sound: 10

If you have surround sound it's simply amazing, almost all guns have thier own signature sound, and you can hear just about anything, jets in the distance, tanks rumbling along, footsteps, even the little engineer bot you can hear it all and it's all different.

Campaign: 9

I've played through the campaign twice, and I might just do it again.  It's simply a blast...pun intended hehe

Co-Op: 7

It's not as fun as the campaign, but it's an actual challenge and the first mission is fun as heck, nothing beats blowing stuff up in a helicopter :)

Multiplayer: 10

The best multiplayer FPS I've played since the original BF.  Simply put, it has everything.  There's more than just running around suicide shooting everything in sight, like just about every other FPS out.

Fun: 10

I've never had so much fun going 0-20 before lol.  This game is fun even if you don't get many kills.

Community: 4

What can I say...the FPS community is worse than the MMO community.  Most people take the game way too seriously, but at least I've met several friends that actually talk and we squad up and go pwn some noobs hehe.

Just my very long 2 cents :)

i might have to buy BF3

PS:You really like to type, Lol :D

• VittoriosoVittorioso Member UncommonPosts: 33

Thanks for all your suggestions.
    I think BF3 will be my next game so :P