Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New player trying to get HoM Help!?

NikralNikral Member Posts: 18

So I can't even remember the last time I played GW and really I don't even have any characters leveled up. 

That being said I have come back to get myself prepared for GW2, and hopefully get most of the HoM, the problem is I am seem to be missing something or am just really bad at this game as I am taking forever to do anything and I keep dying.

I am currently doing Nightfall and have a level 8 R/E  and in Prophecies I have a level 9 M/E (which I gave up to do Nightfall as I heard that is the better one to start for HoM.

So really what I am getting as is....anyone know of any tips to make things go faster or any other kind of help!? :D

Comments

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788

Do not go solo! Always bring full party of either heroes or henchmen or players (this game is not designed for solo play unless you have special build for farming solo). Bring at least 1 or 2 healers depending on your party size. Be carefull with aggro.

Here you can find guides for everything: http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Main_Page

The most popular builds for heroes and you: http://www.gwpvx.com/PvX_wiki

Guide for getting HoM points (highly reccomended): http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Guide_to_earning_Hall_of_Monuments_rewards

Hope this helps.

• NikralNikral Member Posts: 18

Yeah, I always go with my heroes, I just tried to beat that first dungeon with that Rock boss guy. Let me tell you that didn't go well at all.

Do I need to grind quite a bit? Cause I am finding the quests are really getting me to levels that they seem to expect me to be.

• AnanamooseAnanamoose Member Posts: 118

I have found  you don't really need to grind a lot. Between the quests and the missions, you can level up fairly quickly. The only exception I can think of is Prophecies but I didn't do a whole lot of quests going through there, mostly did the missions and it took me a lot longer to level up.

My best advice though is to find a really good, helpful guild that will help you run the harder missions. I ended up doing most of Nightfall with my boyfriend and heroes but we needed a lot of help with the last two missions and that's where a really helpful guild came in. They have also helped me reach a lot of my other HoM goals and I've gotten much further than I thought I would in the 6 months I've been playing. It also helps I've participated in community events and won some things that helped toward my HoM.

There's an online radio station called GW-EN that does a lot of giveaways. And they often have events around holidays (just had one today, in fact) where they give away all kinds of goodies that go toward HoM, including sets of armor for your class.

I got most of my HoM done in the shortest amount of time for someone who just started playing 6 months ago. I should have the rest of my HoM within the next month or so, probably before I go back to school in mid January. Of course, I'm only going to 30 points. If you plan on doing 50, it's going to take you a bit longer :)

Do you want some cheese with that whine? :)