Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: The Razer Gaming Mouse Review

2»

Comments

• hcoelhohcoelho Member UncommonPosts: 529

Originally posted by FrodoFragins

I was already interested in getting a razer mouse.  But is there any advantage of teh razer naga and the much more expensive razer naga epic?

the naga epic is a wireless mouse, i'd rather go with the wired one...

• Now, if they would just make a left handed Naga Epic so that I could dual-wield Nagas instead of my left hand settling for a keyboard or keyboard-like device

• Originally posted by Deznts

Now, if they would just make a left handed Naga Epic so that I could dual-wield Nagas instead of my left hand settling for a keyboard or keyboard-like device

on my left i run a G13 (keyboard like device). i don't use any crazy keybinds at all, just mapped all the normal options (bags, map, guild, voice, etc). the main reason was for the movement on the thumb. so naga, G13, and ghetto keyboard for typing in chat when needed. whole system works pretty well. naga took a lil to get use to, but i couldn't imagine going back to a regular mouse again.

• KrysokosKrysokos Member Posts: 21

LEFT HAND COME ON!!!!; This would be perfect for me. Theres only 1 decent left handed gaming mouse on the market and its rubbish.

• marinridermarinrider Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

Originally posted by someforumguy

When I still played FPS games like crazy, a precise mouse was very important for me. But for a tabbased MMO this is just silly imo. Even for players that dont use keyboard shortcuts and click everything, any mouse that lies well in your hand will do.

Sure it is a nice gadget to have regardless, but doesnt really add anything for this type of game imo. It is just SW merchandise in relation to this game.

I think this mouse is much easier to use in MMO's and other games than normal mice.  Much easier to use my thumb for the num keys than to use the home row num keys.  On top of that I can change the mouse to use the num pad binds and have more accessable hotkeys.    

I wouldnt pay extra for the SW one, I have the first Naga that came out and I love it.

And to the guy who's lasted for 9 months, Mines lasted for MUCH longer than that.  You just have some bad luck.

• ShmackpappyShmackpappy Member Posts: 75

Originally posted by kuhronusu

here goes a question... who has a naga for more than a year ? 

mine lasted 9 months, not even funny for the price i've paid.

Then it was still under warranty.

• stealthbrstealthbr Member UncommonPosts: 1,054
    Originally posted by Cthulhu23

Pfft, nothing new here.  It's just the WoW mouse with a Star Wars skin.  I heard the GW2 mouse is revolutionary and will actually move the mouse-genre forward.  Apparently when you use it, you will never move your character in the same direction twice because it's dynamic.  Talk about innovative. 

Lol
  • hcoelhohcoelho Member UncommonPosts: 529

Originally posted by Shmackpappy

Originally posted by kuhronusu

here goes a question... who has a naga for more than a year ? 

mine lasted 9 months, not even funny for the price i've paid.

Then it was still under warranty.

I'm not from a country where Razer has warranty coverage.  =S

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

How does the SWToR mouse and the Naga Epic compare to the original Naga size wise? I have the original Naga and it's a bit small. It seems like it should be a little bigger than the Mamba or the Death Adder.

Otherwise, for mmorpg, I find the buttons very, very useful.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• hayes303hayes303 Member UncommonPosts: 430

I ordered one from the company (on the razerzone online store), they took the money (via paypal) immediately cancelled the order. CSR said it was tech glitch about the order and they hadn't taken the money, but had just pre-authed it. I told them no, I have the paypal trail to prove it, they stopped talking to me. Had to take it to a paypal dispute (which they never responded to either, but at least I got my money back.).

TLDR- regardless of how good a product is and no matter how badly I want it, I'll never deal with this company again. 

• delta9delta9 Member UncommonPosts: 358

Seems more like a paid advert masked as a review to me

Such as... nothing about Razers terrible drivers? Nothing about it only being for right handed gamers?

• IsaneIsane Member UncommonPosts: 2,630

Great gadget shame the game has no real challenge that requires this unless you are 100% PvP.

• bzmonsterbzmonster Member Posts: 1
    I recently purchased this product and at first I was upset because the product shipped without drivers and was not available on the razer website but I must say that this mouse has become a yodasend for my Jedi Knight character. This product is a must for anyone who is overwhelmed with all the abilities.
  • Fallen5Fallen5 Member UncommonPosts: 99

its a naga. its starwars mouse but its still a naga. and naga's are the best things ever made for the mmo gamer. if you say dif, you never played enough hours and forced yourself to use nothing but the buttons on the side for skills. once the naga is natural in your hand, mmo's never play the same. it'll change your mmo world, it rly will. its not just a "razer mouse" or "money grab", the razer naga is like nothing. if you have one and dont like it, force yourself to learn it, or you dont know what your missing. if you have never tried one, and say its dumb, dont talk cause you dont know what your talking about.

• Fallen5Fallen5 Member UncommonPosts: 99

o, fps's and bloodline champions are also awesome with the naga

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381

Once tried Logitech and particularly G700 there is no turning back. No other mice comes even remotely close when we are talking about mmo world and need for a lot of buttons PROPERLY situated. G700 is best ever and I'm 50 and tried really a loooot of mices for any purpose, besides is my job in computers industry. Really do not understand this fuss about Razor (again, I play only mmo so can not tell for other type of games). Ok, have not tested this one above, but have that horror of its predecessor with 12 side buttons. Here they are slightly better alligned, maybe this time would not sprain my wrist to use more then first 6.

• strangepowersstrangepowers Member UncommonPosts: 630

Originally posted by daltanious

Once tried Logitech and particularly G700 there is no turning back. No other mice comes even remotely close when we are talking about mmo world and need for a lot of buttons PROPERLY situated. G700 is best ever and I'm 50 and tried really a loooot of mices for any purpose, besides is my job in computers industry. Really do not understand this fuss about Razor (again, I play only mmo so can not tell for other type of games). Ok, have not tested this one above, but have that horror of its predecessor with 12 side buttons. Here they are slightly better alligned, maybe this time would not sprain my wrist to use more then first 6.

I'm with you on that; I own the original Naga and a trusty original MX 518. 

Having had too much time on my hands lately I have been going back and forth between the two while playing lots of SWTOR. It comes down to comfort to me and while the Naga is handy with all the buttons, after an extended play session my hands become cramped and my thumb actually gets a bit sore/irritated. 

When I swithch back to the MX518 it feels like I am slipping on a fine leather glove in terms if fit and comfort. It takes a bit more thought when setting up keybinds with the Logitech but the comfort is well worth it. 

I  am extremely torn, I desire the comfort of one mouse and the buttons of the other, perhaps the G700 is the answer?

• PresbytierPresbytier Member UncommonPosts: 424

"Never pay more than 20 bucks for a computer game."-Guybrush Threepwood
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."-Hunter S. Thompson

• FishmittsFishmitts Member CommonPosts: 227

You'll get my Naga when you pry it from my cold dead fingers.. Could'nt imagine gaming without it.. However, for some reason it just goes to shit when I play BF3, and I have to plug my 20 dollar POS back in. And yea, I have the current drivers. Every other game it works perfectly. Anyone else with this problem?

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by strangepower

Originally posted by daltanious
    I'm with you on that; I own the original Naga and a trusty original MX 518. 
    Having had too much time on my hands lately I have been going back and forth between the two while playing lots of SWTOR. It comes down to comfort to me and while the Naga is handy with all the buttons, after an extended play session my hands become cramped and my thumb actually gets a bit sore/irritated. 
    When I swithch back to the MX518 it feels like I am slipping on a fine leather glove in terms if fit and comfort. It takes a bit more thought when setting up keybinds with the Logitech but the comfort is well worth it. 

I  am extremely torn, I desire the comfort of one mouse and the buttons of the other, perhaps the G700 is the answer?

Not sure if this makes a difference, but the SW mouse is almost 30mm longer than the Naga. About 1? 1/8 inches. For me, this would put the SW mouse right in the range of the Razer Mamba, which is an ideal fit for my hand. Not sure though...I just got some Sugru, so I might mod the tail end of my Naga and see if an extra 30mm makes a difference.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.