Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Siege Weapons.

ManasuManasu Member UncommonPosts: 212

So as the new patch released, they introduced siege vehicles. The recipe is obtainable from PvP BattleGrounds, it costs "Honor".To control the vehicle two people are needed: the shooter and driver. It is controlled by the W, A, S, D keys. The principle of using it is very similar to the ship's cannons - the same trajectory of projectiles and the circles of destruction on the earth. 

To create it you need  5 Akhiumnyh logs, 10 trees, lightning, and 100 steel ingots (Google translation from Korean). Akhiumnye logs harvested by felling trees Akhiumnyh, thunderstorm trees obtained from the trees, which was struck by lightning (collected by felling trees, apparently with a long shot just to the north). 100 steel ingots same - it's 900 pieces of iron ore. 

The vehicle has several firing modes:

Normal, with a small firing range, damage reduction, but with the ability to quickly maneuver and firing at small range in order to get closer to the enemy.

The state of siege - with greatly increased the maximum radius of fire and its power, but also increases the minimum radius, and the rate of fire is reduced.

The exact figures:

Normal

Damage: 450-550

Rolling back a shot: 1 second

Maximum distance: 35m

Minimum distance: not available

Siege Mode

Damage: 1000-1200

Rolling back a shot: 2 seconds

Maximum distance: 70m

Minimum distance: 30m

And here are 2 videos presenting them: The first and the second.

Sandbox MMORPGs that are not very well-known but definitely worth a look:

Ryzom, Haven and Hearth, Xsyon, The Repopulation, UO private shards, Mortal Online, Darkfall 1 remakes (New Dawn or Rise of Agon), RPG MO, Project Gorgon, EQ: Sanctuary (custom  server)

Comments

• BlackUhuruBlackUhuru Member Posts: 770

This is going to be so much fun when attacking Castles, can you imagine 20 or 30 of these coming at your Castle gates!!!!

"It would be awesome if you could duel your companion. Then you could solo pvp".--Thanes

• YuuiYuui Member UncommonPosts: 723

Considering by release the game will have about a dozen more of siege weapons...

First of all gliders.

Then you have ships that can also be used to attack castle by sea.

Then you have various siege weapons.

This is shaping up to be one of the most complex and awesome siege systems ever.

# A GRIM, ODD, ARCANE SKY
    # ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
    # A MASKED CRY ADORING
    # A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

I am sorry, but this game is putting most other MMORPG's to shame, it is going to be one of the most feature rich games we've ever seen, add to that the new game play mechanics and new way to develop and progress your character(no levels!).   The more I read and see the more I am thoroughly impressed.   ArcheAge will be a huge success.

• GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802

Originally posted by Teala

I am sorry, but this game is putting most other MMORPG's to shame, it is going to be one of the most feature rich games we've ever seen, add to that the new game play mechanics and new way to develop and progress your character(no levels!).   The more I read and see the more I am thoroughly impressed.   ArcheAge will be a huge success.

But archeage will have levels correct? (Assuming you meant otherwise)

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

Originally posted by Greymoor

No ArcheAge does not have levels.  You pick and choose 3 of 10 skill trees you wish to follow.  As you gain experience you can learn new skills for those trees.   Then combine the skills from those trees to create different effects. 

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607

It's a tank!

• stealthbrstealthbr Member UncommonPosts: 1,054

Originally posted by Greymoor

No ArcheAge does not have levels.  You pick and choose 3 of 10 skill trees you wish to follow.  As you gain experience you can learn new skills for those trees.   Then combine the skills from those trees to create different effects. 

um..... It most definitely does have levels.

Observe the status indicators.