Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rift: Chronicles - Hammerknell

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

In today's Chronicles of One Telaran, we find out that Caedryn the Dwarf has finally earned his first, albeit weird, mount AND is ready to take on the Chronicles. Caedryn describes Hammerknell in the way that only he can. Check it out and then leave us a comment or two.

Right. Why didn't someone tell me? Huh? You've all been reading about my never-ending search for a steed. You've all heard about how the con-stant running across Telara is giving Caedryn rashes where there shouldn't be rashes. People cross the road when Caedryn approaches. Not be-cause he is one mean dude, but because he carries about him a miasma of B.O. that extends in a six feet diameter around him.

Read more of Paul Crilley's Chronicles of One Telaran: Chronicles - Hammerknell.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• PuremallacePuremallace Member Posts: 1,856

Nice write-up! I am waiting on the next Hammerknell chronicle that takes you deeper into it. Hopefully we hear something soon.

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148

Man I really want to like this game. They gave the one week reactivation period a while back, I logged in once and the game was dead outside of people spamming for dungeon t2 etc.   That and my gtx260 can't even run it decently these days.

• ComnitusComnitus Member Posts: 2,462

I read Hammerfell >_>. Too much Skyrim.

• MalevianMalevian Member Posts: 48

Nice Terry Pratchett/Discworld reference there.  I was in this game for 8 months, 2 of those in closed beta.  By the 5th month I was dead inside.  On the 6th month I cancelled my sub, uninstalled, and let the last 2 months rot.

Originally posted by Malevian

Nice Terry Pratchett/Discworld reference there.  I was in this game for 8 months, 2 of those in closed beta.  By the 5th month I was dead inside.  On the 6th month I cancelled my sub, uninstalled, and let the last 2 months rot.

and now you play..........?

• MalevianMalevian Member Posts: 48

Nope.  Not at all.  I did just read over the forums and see that warrior DPS is still nerfed, which is sad.  I understand they have attempted to make changes to the system in order to improve it.  Tanking is fundamentally better than before with increased threat generation.  There is more content than before.  I don't discredit Trion for attempting to improve the game.  There just isn't much there other than the typical gear grind at 50.

Originally posted by Malevian

There is more content than before.  I don't discredit Trion for attempting to improve the game.  There just isn't much there other than the typical gear grind at 50.

I guess you are looking for mini games and housing. There is this rumor they are working on some kind of housing thing, but who knows. Warrior dps is not bursty in pvp. In pve we still own.

• RedKatanaRedKatana Member Posts: 211
    Rift is my secondary mmo and I mostly play to explore Telara, so far it looks like a big world and reading that there is nothing to do makes me wonder if you play mmo to have fun or just to rush and compete which in my opinion makes a game feel like work.
  • mateus2910mateus2910 Member UncommonPosts: 3

Stop! Hammerknell! -> Stop! Hammer time!