Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This is the only game that is a laughing Stock

This game has to be one of the most vivid examples of a Dev team that has totally messed up in the application of  a decent idea.   The game  is an air game that oops we need to add land and navy... but wait .. that does not work well because our model is for air that is where we learned to program...

Well they tried and tried it .  Let me tell you the land game is the pits.  The troops run fists high like a track runner but if you look really close that is a 23 lb satchel or ATR they are swinging over 90 degress back and forth.  You shoot at something and wait they are not there.. They shoot back and woops you might as well been playing one of those small room bunny hopping games.

Speaking of small rooms.. well the populattion in this game is so small and they want  so desperately to put players in HUGE battles where 1000000 infantry and Tanks need to be blown up one by one to capture anything..   Oh unless they do it all when nobody is playing which is the case for most of the campaigns this game professes.. 

There is nothing new just the same odd things over and over in this game.  The same everyone in one place batle while every where else is a ghost town or a single player acting as a mole capturuing towns. 

Really.. there is so much more in the world .. so move along

Comments

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    I don't believe you have read the posts here about Mortal Online from your title.
  • WhackoWhacko Member UncommonPosts: 137

Angriff, 

As a Day 1 player I totally agree with you.

The rats have time in and time out have made mental blunders that cost precious subs.  I admit I gave the rats plenty of chances over the years, and it sucks that so many of us truly want this game to succeed but seriously CRS is starting to act like SOE and doing their own mini- NGE.

Just gotta say no..... 

• Nerf09Nerf09 Member CommonPosts: 2,953

echo echo echo echo

hello hello hello hello

• StugStug Member UncommonPosts: 387

You try telling that to the guy in the forums who said "Where has this game been all my life?"

To the guy that said "I had some much fun playing x last campaign Im going to play again".

Anyone reading Angriff's posts should realise he is know for his vitriol as much as those people that liek the game are criticised for being "fanboi's".

Do not judge on either fanboi's or haters but for gods sake if you like the sound of the game try it for yourself.

• angriffangriff Member Posts: 154

Originally posted by Stug

You try telling that to the guy in the forums who said "Where has this game been all my life?"

To the guy that said "I had some much fun playing x last campaign Im going to play again".

Anyone reading Angriff's posts should realise he is know for his vitriol as much as those people that liek the game are criticised for being "fanboi's".

Do not judge on either fanboi's or haters but for gods sake if you like the sound of the game try it for yourself.

Stug yet another typical personal attack flamed by the bitterness of a game you too wished could have been better but hide your most likely dev based head in the sand. 

You were probably there when I first wrote my dissertations in the WWII Online Forums named Divisional Spawning.  It outlined a mechanism to protect and advance the Wargame structure of the game along true unit movements.   It was commented on by many including Killer that such a game was desired.  I am not saying it was my  original idea and probably was already somewhat in the outline for the game.   The dev team did spend years making it happen and brigade spawning today has its own controversies but placed the game up a notch in Wargamming exactness and history. 

My continual arguing for more variety in the game had been attacked on all ends by posters such as yourself but the truth is variety keeps accounts.  When there is more to do then I am most likely going to switch to another side flying is getting boring.. let's go land and take England back boys!.. it works.. tired of being killed in a tank.. then try a sniper... drive a truck.. "oh I cant hit crap with an AAA gun" so let me keep trying.  All variety works. 

Where is the Navy?.. well that has been my most baffling question.  Just where is it?  There are thousands of Naval Wargammers out there just wishing for a real Naval Wargame on line.  WWII for 10 years has hinted of it but never put any real effort.  All the accounts of E-boats versus MGBs in 1941 would be enough to place both in the game but never happened. Only three vehicles for the navy for both sides and they are so diverse in usage and capabilities it is like three different games.  There are no logistical support mechanics that even mimic a real wargame or the need for the navy. All supply and invasion can be done with under the table supply.  It is incredulious that the Devs have misssed such an opportunity to advance this game in the name of meaningless and half started  training routines; worthless revisions to the GUI;  Incredibly difficult to navigate mission selection screens.

The game has made advancements recently in finally increasing the power of the infantry unit.  Something for years I have been called worse names than vitriolous commentary.  Why, because I suggested this game should succeed in bringing the true capability of the infantry unit's ability to strengthen its position?  Had it been put in at the start the game would have seen a better path to a fully epic and realistic wargame and not lost the frustrated infantry players who get tired of the MG frenzy by tanksrequired to take a town.   One only needs to think of Kohima, Staligrad, Kursk or Bastogne to realize how an infantry unit  could make its position so strong that hordes of tanks were meaningless or that it could hold against superior forces with strong positions it had setup.

Dont get me wrong I have played this game for years with multiple accounts albeit recently maybe a hiatus maybe done for good.  I always payed monthly the largest fee because I favor the cash flow business model over the quick builder funds that the Rats favor.  Had I done a builder back then the Rats would have been paying to let me play free and that would not serve the building of the game.   One of the largest contributors to the demise of this game was the introduction of stats that has ruined this game and addicted players to seeing who they have killed rather attending to the matter of the wargame.   Worse it let players know that there were not many people playing this game killing the same guy in what should have been a chance encounter over and over.  Long ago you had long lists of those you killed when they started stats.  Those lists rarely showed a player twice.  It should have been just numbers of enemy you killed not names.  

Instead  it is just as what started  this thread started another thread.  A top  pilot worried someone shot him down that he thinks either cheated or hates because that pilot is actually better than he is.  That top pilot is not worried about the fact that six bombers made it to target and killed the tank column advancing on the next town!.

The sooner you learn this fact the sooner you will realize that calling people names Stug does not advance the game.  Especially since you represent the Dev team for that game.

Im sorry but I agree with you about the stats issue - disrupts the game, but I do not agree with you on your many other points - sorry.

I also do not agree that I am linked to the dev team - which I find an amusing concept as it suggests that there is no one else who would actually post positively about this game. Thats where you are wrong.

I, and many other people enjoy this game and I would encourage people who have not tried this game to give it a go.

Is it COD? Is it Black Ops? Is it Team Fortress 2?

No it isnt - it is a color distinct from any other game that I have played over the last, several, many years. And as I still enjoy it, I will continue playing it and suggesting if you havent tasted it - give it a go - you have nothing to loose, unless you start enjoying it and actually professing you like it...then some people might have an issue with you ;)

PLAY WWIIOL -  LOVE WWIIOL  :)

• NordenNorden Member UncommonPosts: 46

I have to agree with STUG on this. Yes, the game has its issues and is not overly polished, but as a fps it does unique things, that none of these superpolished copies of copies of copies even come close to.

Especially i agree with STUG's main point, which is, try it yourself.

Norden

Im sorry but I agree with you about the stats issue - disrupts the game, but I do not agree with you on your many other points - sorry.

I also do not agree that I am linked to the dev team - which I find an amusing concept as it suggests that there is no one else who would actually post positively about this game. Thats where you are wrong.

I, and many other people enjoy this game and I would encourage people who have not tried this game to give it a go.

No it isnt - it is a color distinct from any other game that I have played over the last, several, many years. And as I still enjoy it, I will continue playing it and suggesting if you havent tasted it - give it a go - you have nothing to loose, unless you start enjoying it and actually professing you like it...then some people might have an issue with you ;)

Who else but a Dev would post such simple advertising comments? You obviously know of my personna's reputation from the WWII Online Forums and for some time.   You would not use Doc like attacks using the obscure vernacular term vitriol without such a basis.  That is right out of Doc's book.  You use it in a simple attack that is always safe in the WWII Online 'hidden" and heavily fanboi clique moderated forums.  A place where even the smallest discussion of the game not being what is advertised is immediately banned or oblitereated.   A place where you can attack and be the e-thug of your dreams as long as you laboriously attack those that ask for a better game or decent path of unrepeated waste of effort by the devs in the process.

Is WWII Online a Wargame? Is it  a realistic Sim? Is it as good as the hype?

You can play a free week and find out..   So many have and quit that they are now spending dev time making a special squad that you are automatically placed in the hopes it was not that you were left alone the reason you never started paying $15 a month,

Play WWIIOL - Wonder what happened :-)

More over wonder where the Navy is?

Originally posted by angriff

Who else but a Dev would post such simple advertising comments? You obviously know of my personna's reputation from the WWII Online Forums and for some time.   You would not use Doc like attacks using the obscure vernacular term vitriol without such a basis.  That is right out of Doc's book.  You use it in a simple attack that is always safe in the WWII Online 'hidden" and heavily fanboi clique moderated forums.  A place where even the smallest discussion of the game not being what is advertised is immediately banned or oblitereated.   A place where you can attack and be the e-thug of your dreams as long as you laboriously attack those that ask for a better game or decent path of unrepeated waste of effort by the devs in the process.

Is WWII Online a Wargame? Is it  a realistic Sim? Is it as good as the hype?

You can play a free week and find out..   So many have and quit that they are now spending dev time making a special squad that you are automatically placed in the hopes it was not that you were left alone the reason you never started paying $15 a month,

Play WWIIOL - Wonder what happened :-)

More over wonder where the Navy is?

Nothing like an ex-fanbois rantings. Somehow Im glad your'e not there playing any longer.

Im not defending the game, some like it, some dont, but as it is very different from most games here, one should try it.

Norden

Nothing like an ex-fanbois rantings. Somehow Im glad your'e not there playing any longer.

Im not defending the game, some like it, some dont, but as it is very different from most games here, one should try it.

Not really a fanboi of the game as it developed.   I am sure that you have never seen my posting in the WWII Online Forums.   I am just glad to be able to post in a place where honest opinions about the game can be expressed.   Having spent  nearly $3000 on this game in subscriptions over 10  years I would say that I tried to support the game probably more than most  of the most staunched and loyal so called builders of that game that the devs wasted some extremely important art work and coding in return putting in out of place statues to their honor in the game ruining the realistic  WWII feel of the game.   Sure free play for life for $1000 dollars helped their nearterm cashflow and probably kept their creditors happy. 

Dont get me wrong  I had a $300 a month habit in Kesmai's Air Warrior back in the early 90s on GEnie.   It was not about the money for me.  It  was always about the concept and what turned out to be a dream that a true online Wargame was evolving.

When the community was turned into another STATs chasing simulation just to keep a few air players happy the demise of the game became apparent.  The half hearted attempt at the naval units at first to avoid several lawsuits for false advertisement.  Then later put in when one dev was bored while the boss was out on vacation.  All of that shows you that the game development has no rudder.  The game is the ADD development game of all games.

I hope someday someone will try this experiment again with a little more focus than the next paintball game.   There were reasons the original investors decided to cut their investment funding and forced the early launch.  Probably smart fellows that could see that the team had difficulty focusing.  What they had 6 or so producers and 3 coders?  (Maybe a slight exaggeration on the coder part).  That would be great had this been a television news team.

It is different you are correct.  The problem is the difference is that it is not different enough to warrant staying long unless you are bitten by the false hope that is being sewn in the term SOON so often used to explain the reason for no true movement.  It has a niche that has not been scratched by anybody else. 

Ok, thanks for clearing that up, now I understand your position a great deal better. Forgive me my rudeness earlier, I had you thrown in with the usual background noise in this forum - aaand jumped to the defense of a game I like, yes guilty me. Must be the weather...

Anyway, having played the game - on and off - for over 4 years now (and paying ALL the time) I actually like what I have. It is the one online game I allways return to. Sure there are lots of things that could be better and more realistic. But I accept it as it is and the community is a lot better then what I am used to from other online games.

Norden

Yup - Ive also invested more than $3000 in this game and I guess I am the other side of the coin to Angriff - positive as opposed to negative and im no idiot. I still play this game and will continue to do so because I enjoy the various things it has to offer.

Its a big game and people shoulkkd try it, see if they like it, and take what they want out of it. End of. Tell someone not to try it is like your afraid it will actually succeed.

• OzivoisOzivois Member UncommonPosts: 598

Monthly subscription is laughable at $18/month.  Are you kidding me for an 11 year old game?? with few graphics updates over the years?  They are not trying to attract new subs, obviously, otherwise the month-to-month fee wouldn't be so drastically higher than the pre-paid subs.

The premise of this game is very exciting and it's too bad that no one is currently working on a similar MMO. The only thing that sounds vaguely similar is "End of Nations" but it probably will not play the same way.

• SupergrassSupergrass Member Posts: 110

Originally posted by Ozivois

Monthly subscription is laughable at $18/month.  Are you kidding me for an 11 year old game?? with few graphics updates over the years?  They are not trying to attract new subs, obviously, otherwise the month-to-month fee wouldn't be so drastically higher than the pre-paid subs.

The premise of this game is very exciting and it's too bad that no one is currently working on a similar MMO. The only thing that sounds vaguely similar is "End of Nations" but it probably will not play the same way.

This is what I don't get. The people who pay month-by-month aren't going to want to pay that much. So there goes a lot of those players. Then on top of that you're going to scare away a lot of potential players.. is it really worth it? It's like I'd imagine you would be still profiting the same as before.. maybe a little more (cause lets face it, these diehard fans who've been playing for years won't budge!).. but now you just have less people playing on the battlefield (which the game desperately needs).

But it is crazy there's no similar games, though. The basic formula for this game is amazing. This game is amazing. Just I guess there's not a lot of people lining up to play tactical/sim first person shooters - especially ones you'd have to pay monthly (regardless of the mount).

Though if you haven't played it you should still give it a try (like Stug suggests). There's a free trial you can do without a credit card.. I'd do that twice (I wouldn't call it gaming the system - cause it takes that much to get the hang) and see if you'd want to buy a pre-paid plan.

Currently Playing:

Nothing.