Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars memorial website....

hipiaphipiap Member UncommonPosts: 393

MMO History: 2528 days in SW:G

Comments

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907

I find it funny that you're telling others to "move on", yet here you are doing the same thing you accuse others of - keeping a dead game alive. Do you honestly not see the hypocrisy in that?

I'm not suggesting YOU move on or anyone else does - discussion and remembrance are important imo. I don't care if you wanna tell me how epic the first video game you ever played was - that's what this forum is about - discussing games (future or past).

• hipiaphipiap Member UncommonPosts: 393

Originally posted by TUX426

I find it funny that you're telling others to "move on", yet here you are doing the same thing you accuse others of - keeping a dead game alive. Do you honestly not see the hypocrisy in that?

I'm not suggesting YOU move on or anyone else does - discussion and remembrance are important imo. I don't care if you wanna tell me how epic the first video game you ever played was - that's what this forum is about - discussing games (future or past).

Tux....where do I know that name from?

My first Jedi Db as a Master BH in 2004 perhaps?

Posting about the good and the bad isn't hypocrisy......complaining about something that happened over 5 years ago would equal a sickness at the psychological level.

I got my complaining about the NGE and CU out of my system a long time ago....and I adapted to the game that remained.

And had fun.

And made new friends.

And welcomed back old friends that chose to return at a later date.

And as for this thread....Someone from the SW:G forums Hosts that site.  I merely posted a heads up about it and left it at that.

We are all disgruntled Vets of SW:G now.  Some have more specific issues about what tweeks them off about SW:G and SOE or LEC than others.

Originally posted by hipiap

Tux....where do I know that name from?

My first Jedi Db as a Master BH in 2004 perhaps?

Posting about the good and the bad isn't hypocrisy......complaining about something that happened over 5 years ago would equal a sickness at the psychological level.

I got my complaining about the NGE and CU out of my system a long time ago....and I adapted to the game that remained.

And had fun.

And made new friends.

And welcomed back old friends that chose to return at a later date.

And as for this thread....Someone from the SW:G forums Hosts that site.  I merely posted a heads up about it and left it at that.

We are all disgruntled Vets of SW:G now.  Some have more specific issues about what tweeks them off about SW:G and SOE or LEC than others.

So...what I hear you saying is:

Because YOU accepted the game, nobody else has the right to discuss or state that they preferred a previous incarnation of it. And if they DO state that they preferred CU or Pre-CU, you feel they have a "psychological sickness".

Seriously...that's just trolling. There's NO truth to that in the least. Some people prefer Pepsi, some Coke - diversity in tastes, be it food or gaming, is NATURAL, not abnormal as you're trying to imply and label people.

And no, not everyone here is disgruntled. I'm sure there are plenty of lurkers and even posters who don't care one way or another. Games END! You don't have to be "disgruntled" to accept the natural course of any products life cycle.

• warmaster670warmaster670 Member Posts: 1,384

Because YOU accepted the game, nobody else has the right to discuss or state that they preferred a previous incarnation of it. And if they DO state that they preferred CU or Pre-CU, you feel they have a "psychological sickness".

If you cant get over it after more than 5 years then yes, your sick in teh head, people get over dead loved ones in less than half that time.

Apparently stating the truth in my sig is "trolling"
    Sig typo fixed thanks to an observant stragen001.

Originally posted by warmaster670

If you cant get over it after more than 5 years then yes, your sick in teh head, people get over dead loved ones in less than half that time.

I have nothing to get over. But you suggesting that discussing a version of THIS game on THIS GAMES FORUM means you're "sick in teh head" is ludicrous.

In fact, I’d suggest the opposite is true – your unwillingness to accept peoples personal preferences is YOUR problem, not anyone else’s.

There is NOTHING to get over. It's a matter of personal choice, not begging for a dead game to return. All versions of SWG are dead. Which one you preferred is up to you, not me. I'm not sick because I liked a version you didn't and to suggest otherwise is absolute bull shit.

• kefkahkefkah Member UncommonPosts: 832

Oh, I see - its national bring your board certified clinical psychologist to the forum day. :)

No, wait. It is just an opinion of one person in roughly 6 billion.

• ShaydeShayde Member Posts: 4,529

What's a "teh"?

Would you get over it if your loved one was danced around like a puppet for years after they were dead and rotting?

The reality of it is that after the NGE, SWG has TEN PERCENT of the players they had before. We all voted with our feet.

Those still playing were the ones who couldn't let go, playing a shadow of its former greatness making constant excuses for $OE's failures. They just kept taking it. Now they wish the beatings could continue.

Shayde - SWG (dead)
    Proud member of the Cabal.

imageimage
    It sounds great, so great in fact, I pitty those who canceled :( - Some deluded SWG fanboi who pities me.
    I don't like it when you say things. - A Vanguard fan who does too.
    09f911029d74e35bd84156c5635688c0

• tixylixtixylix Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

Originally posted by Shayde

What's a "teh"?

Would you get over it if your loved one was danced around like a puppet for years after they were dead and rotting?

The reality of it is that after the NGE, SWG has TEN PERCENT of the players they had before. We all voted with our feet.

Those still playing were the ones who couldn't let go, playing a shadow of its former greatness making constant excuses for $OE's failures. They just kept taking it. Now they wish the beatings could continue.

Tbh I reckon lots of those playing were people who were happy that you didn't need to unlock Jedi anymore lol. Lots of people were jealous that other people had Jedi and ended up hating on the game because they didn't want to put the effort in.

I have nothing to get over. But you suggesting that discussing a version of THIS game on THIS GAMES FORUM means you're "sick in teh head" is ludicrous.

In fact, I’d suggest the opposite is true – your unwillingness to accept peoples personal preferences is YOUR problem, not anyone else’s.

There is NOTHING to get over. It's a matter of personal choice, not begging for a dead game to return. All versions of SWG are dead. Which one you preferred is up to you, not me. I'm not sick because I liked a version you didn't and to suggest otherwise is absolute bull shit.

You stuck your head and opinion in this thread without Provocation or invitation.  This isn't a "defend SOE / LEC" thread...

This wasn't a thread about how "this era of SW:G was better than that version or update" or Patch 3 screwed the game up well before patch 9 or patch 14."

It was a Plug for a Buddy that is Hosting a Site for no cost to the people that join so we have an UN-Moderated location to discuss SW:G and other SW:G ty[pe Projects and continue to be able to say Hi to the people we liked on the forums and in that game.

Originally posted by Shayde

What's a "teh"?

And here we are 6 years after the NGE and CURB...and people that left because of them are still complaining about them.

I'd point out that people were cancelling subscriptions pre-CU because of the Imbalance and Bugs and Lack of Content.

I'd Point out that people were cancelling subs pre-NGE for the same reasons.  And they were cancelling pre-JTL and pre-Patch 8 and before Corpse Runs were removed.

And I'd like to see the Data that LEC and SOE provided you that leads you to State for a Fact that there was only 10% of player base left in December 2005 that was there 1 week before the NGE was announced in October 2005.

• RabiaRabia Member Posts: 622

I'd point out that people were cancelling subscriptions pre-CU because of the Imbalance and Bugs and Lack of Content.

Any MMORPG normal is churn.   After CU churn higher was.   Thermo-nuclear churn NGE brough.  So, mean nothing your generalizations do.  Cities empty says more.

You stuck your head and opinion in this thread without Provocation or invitation.  This isn't a "defend SOE / LEC" thread...

This wasn't a thread about how "this era of SW:G was better than that version or update" or Patch 3 screwed the game up well before patch 9 or patch 14."

It was a Plug for a Buddy that is Hosting a Site for no cost to the people that join so we have an UN-Moderated location to discuss SW:G and other SW:G ty[pe Projects and continue to be able to say Hi to the people we liked on the forums and in that game.

I respect you plugging the site, I find it admirable that you did it for him.

As I stated hipyap, I simply find it very hypocritical to tell people (you have yourself said this) to "get over it" when you cling to the game more than most.

As a frequent reader and poster here, I know when I'm allowed to comment on a post. If you were "provoking" me, I'd have reported you and I need not be "invited" to comment.

• Lost_BothanLost_Bothan Member Posts: 27

I think the whole "just get over it" commenting from both aspects is getting a little old.. seen it all over the place for what seems like ages. it seems to me that at some point each group has said it to others and different games do exactly the same thing.

At this stage ive noticed a few different websites going up for the former swg community to stick together on. Not a bad looking website posted on thread, but am not fond of a few things with it. All in all though definitely a nice effort and gesture.