Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CABAL Online: First Impressions Overview with Ripper X

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Ripper X steps into the deserts of CABAL Online, a massively-multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG), developed by South Korean company ESTsoft. Different versions of the game are available for specific countries or regions. Check out CABAL Online: First Impressions Overview with Ripper X. Let us know what you think in the comments.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• OvumOvum Member UncommonPosts: 103

I think Cabal II maybe :)

Music is the science of manipulating people trough sound.

• centkincentkin Member RarePosts: 1,527

Originally posted by Ovum

I think Cabal II maybe :)

That was what I thought when I saw the first impression thing -- "Did they do a cabal 2?"  Oh well -- cabal was an ok game but the enchantments got kind of insane and it was a little harsher than my tastes in the solo department by the endgame.

It was fun levelling up with the combos, and all of the quests until you hit around level 100 and the quests kind of stopped and you ran the same dungeons ad nausium before graduating to the next one...

But I guess that happens in a lot of games.

• nattiusnattius Member Posts: 22
    Another game that's stole wow's default UI it would appear?
  • NameWasTakenNameWasTaken Member Posts: 132

WoW called, it want's is polygons back!

• HeliosXIIHeliosXII Member Posts: 72

*chuckles* Wait, what? This is only getting a "first impressions" now? Dang I played this in middle school. o-o

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530

Oh wow they did change their UI :(  I wonder if they brought back tilda(tab) target.

Some other things to note:

* Cabal does have 100 vs. 100 Nation-wars, the factions much like Guild Wars'  Kurzick and Luxon, are only accessible midway through level progression. Though I do not believe they're account wide.

* Cabal uses an animation based combat system, which means that the hardest hitting skills are not exactly the best dps, but instead can be used to finish opponents, as queuing up a skill that would kill an opponent will render them stuck in a death animation(frozen in place) as soon as it connects.

* Cabal's trademark is the "Combo" system, the combo system allows you to shorten the animation of your skills by 30-50%, this allows players to effectively function at a higher speed based on their skill when using the combo system. An example of the combo system in use can be seen here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8096l7oQaxU  Essentially the player is just timing the skills so that they land the closest to the apex of the combo bar as possible.

*Cabal does sell items that boost the player's stats via cash shop, otherwise known as selling power.

*Cabal has been known to scale their PvE content releases around the fact that they sell "power" from the cash shop.

*Cabal does have a very tedious crafting system, possibly the most grindy crafting system I've ever experienced, as it could take months to reach the highest tier of crafting.

*Cabal has a just as lengthy "Level" grind system to match their crafting system, grinding exp can be as tedious as farming the 10 mobs over and over again for hours on end, and occasionally fighting over territory. Even sometimes fighting with bots.

*Cabal has and may still have the use of potions in open world pvp, which can make it impossible for players to kill each other 90% of the time, or at least give the losing player enough time to make it back to a safe zone.

*Cabal's highest form of pvp is considered to be dueling, as you do not have access to potions when dueling.

*Cabal (IN MY OPINION ) has more grind than the current maplestory.

*Cabal (IN MY OPINION ) has a weak community and player base in North America.

All this information was based on the last time I played back in 2008.

More information can be found here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cabal_Online

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768

I liked Cabal. I want to try Cabal 2 simply based on the fact that I enjoyed number 1 enough to get to level 110. It was a really fun game, sure they sold some power items in the shop but it wasn't THAT hard to get them without the shop, bikes and boards both dropped from mobs and chaos lamps.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

Did not like this game at all when I played it a few years back.  Aside from feeling clunky, the chat was a constant stream of gold spammers.  Seriously, you couldn't read a real player's text before it was sucked up and off of the screen.

• OvumOvum Member UncommonPosts: 103

Well what can I say. Me and my friends used to play this back in 2005/2006. Maybe the lack of good f2p games out there made Cabal look awesome. The game had its moment untill you hit the wall of harcore grind when the quests run out. The combo system still has me. Theres nothing like you and your mate lurking 50+ mobs kick em combo zerg mode. Priceless.

Music is the science of manipulating people trough sound.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

A very old game with a huge grind, you absolutely had to purchase from the item shop to speed up the leveling process.  I can't remember any good points about it.