Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Games like Terraria, Minecraft, and SPAZ

CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

o.o

So yah...Does anyone know fun sandboxy games like terraria, minecraft, and space pirates and zombies?

I heard some people talking about some space ship sandbox game but I completely forgot the name and I dont know where to look T_T

Any help is greatly appreciated!

("")(o.O)("")

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
( o.o)
(")(")
**This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

Comments

• DewmDewm Member UncommonPosts: 1,337

Minecraft is pretty sandy..

...I'm confuzed, you list the only games that I have ever heard of in this genre..and then ask if there are any "fun" ones.

Minecraft is by far the best one out there. 

Please check out my channel. I do gaming reviews, gaming related reviews & lets plays. Thanks!
    https://www.youtube.com/user/BettyofDewm/videos

• DarLorkarDarLorkar Member UncommonPosts: 1,082

Umm Terraria i own, as well as SPAZ never got minecraft, did not like minecraft trial.

They are sandboxy, i guess, but they are not something i would say you would play for hours each and every day.

Fun for an hour or so every once in a while you bet. Terraria, is changing almost on each patch. So it also has you rebuilding worlds quite often if you want your worlds to have any of the new items and or skills, or monsters.

SPAZ, is not great for replay for me. Was a lot of fun the first time or 2 i did it, but once you get your ships and skills, you get pretty well into a been there done that mind set, at least i did.

All that said, i say get them both to anyone that does not expect lots of pretty graphics and just some games to have fun with from time to time. They both are on sale quite often on steam as well, so can be picked up quite cheaply at times.

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,540

Originally posted by Castillle

o.o

So yah...Does anyone know fun sandboxy games like terraria, minecraft, and space pirates and zombies?

I heard some people talking about some space ship sandbox game but I completely forgot the name and I dont know where to look T_T

Any help is greatly appreciated!

("")(o.O)("")

I've only played Terraria, out of those, and it was pretty OK. I don't remember if it had a sandbox mode where everything was provided to you. It seemed to be a little more game-like where you had to survive and earn the materials and such to create and build things. I tend to prefer the LEGO approach -- just give me the tools and let me do what I want.

Michael "MikeB" Bitton
    Community Manager
    Twitter: @eMikeB

• DarLorkarDarLorkar Member UncommonPosts: 1,082

Also you may be talking about X-2 or X-3 Terran Conflict as the space game.

Think X-3 Terran Conflict was considered by most the best of the series. HUGE HUGE space game. Takes some getting used to the controls and all how to fly ships and all. Has a mission-story line. But mainly it is you go out trade, kill, steal,mine and build up as you like.

Buy huge stations like Solar power plants, you need to own or rent the ships to haul it to where you want it set up, then have to bring in or set up runs to provide all the things to make it run. Then the games NPC traders will start stopping by to buy your products.

Like i said a HUGE game. Lots of ways to play it. Along the lines of EVE in trying to get going. You need to put some time into getting it all figured out, then it can be a blast.