Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: Brick-Force Announced, Beta Sign Up Begins

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Infernum has announced its first title called "Brick-Force" and that the team is now accepting beta applications. The game is self-described as a "sandbox shooter" but what sets it apart from others is that players have the ability to create and share their own custom-created maps.

Find out more about Brick-Force and sign up for beta testing on the official site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• mackthajackamackthajacka Member Posts: 8

Where did they announce the release?  Their only allowing beta registration?

• SprintfoxSprintfox Member Posts: 25

Originally posted by mackthajacka

Where did they announce the release?  Their only allowing beta registration?

This is a so-called "marketing-beta". Doesn't has that much to do with a real one. In my eyes, they're just trying to take the railway others have taken in the past - but this, will not succeed.

Oh - and now that I've seen their newest trailer... I must say: Nothing changed at my principal idea, that it just would be a mash-up between Minecraft and some Team Fortress elements. And I was right!

Sprinty Sprintfox

• SkillCosbySkillCosby Member Posts: 684

The developers must be hardcore Battlefield Heroes / Lego fans.

I'm trying to figure out what the target audience is on this one. It's like a blood-bath in kiddie-land - like some kind of pedo-gameland. I don't get it.

Originally posted by precious328

I'm trying to figure out what the target audience is on this one. It's like a blood-bath in kiddie-land - like some kind of pedo-gameland. I don't get it.

Well, don't be that hard. I think, the target audience are mainly boys between 10 and 15 years, which are already addicted to minecraft. So, they're combinating "dynamical changes, done by players" with "and after that they can kill each other, using ego-shooter- and TF elements".

I'm pretty sure that this concept wouldn't work that good. Principally, because parents are getting more and more involved into what their kids are doing and playing. And on the other side, because I cannot imagine, that people over 16 or... ok, 18 will play this game for ossumnez. :)

Sprinty Sprintfox

• YuuiYuui Member UncommonPosts: 723

I guess you never have heard of minecraft then...

# A GRIM, ODD, ARCANE SKY
    # ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
    # A MASKED CRY ADORING
    # A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON

• s4ndm4n2006s4ndm4n2006 Member UncommonPosts: 56

Originally posted by Sprintfox

Well, don't be that hard. I think, the target audience are mainly boys between 10 and 15 years, which are already addicted to minecraft. So, they're combinating "dynamical changes, done by players" with "and after that they can kill each other, using ego-shooter- and TF elements".

I'm pretty sure that this concept wouldn't work that good. Principally, because parents are getting more and more involved into what their kids are doing and playing. And on the other side, because I cannot imagine, that people over 16 or... ok, 18 will play this game for ossumnez. :)

I can see it working.  If done well enough, but that being said, it will take  a lot to gain the attention of the minecraft player base, which is what it seems to be pointing to.  The reason I say that it may have a chance is because I have two boys in the 10 -12 age range that play a crazy number of hours in minecraft and TF2 both.  They mod their games, create maps in Hammer, and absolutely love both creating worlds and destroying enemies in games.  The  question only remains whether they can implement this idea well enough to bring and retain players.

• sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458

Looks hellashious cute! Might be a indie hit, I wouldn't be surprised. People like to be creative, and they like shooters, this gives you both.

• SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107

This could potentially be great, i really dislike the FPS games we've been getting, but will definitely try this simply because it'll always have more maps to offer with player generated content.

• lectrocudalectrocuda Member Posts: 604

I think it looks cute and serious at the same time. i love it. I so might wind up playing this. Lets wait for beta before we pass to much judgement

To the caterpillar it is the end of the world, to the master, it is a butterfly.

• mackthajackamackthajacka Member Posts: 8

I see the title of the article changed.  Makes more sense now.

• corpusccorpusc Member UncommonPosts: 1,341

if this has FFA gameplay possible (doesn't force you into a pre-decided number of teams), this is just the kind of thing i've been waiting for.

the only reason i get sick of shooting other people is when there isn't a constant stream of new maps.  i get sick of playing the same maps over and over again.

however this is likely to have alot of things that i hate about modern FPS games, besides taking away FFA possibilities.   if the gameplay is really old school, it would be awesome.

---------------------------

Corpus Callosum    

---------------------------

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

minecraftfpsmmo?!

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

Under which rock did you crawl from?

Ever heard of Minecraft? Ever heard of FPS games?

If the mechanics work, this could be a massive success.

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

Originally posted by Sprintfox

Another one living in a barrel with the lid closed.

You think the 4+ MILLION people who bought Minecraft are all 10-15 year old?

No. Did you've seen that anywhere stated? I don't think so. But the big majority of those, who have purchased the game, are the main target audience.

Assume it, but don't try to troll me - thanks.

Sprinty Sprintfox

• xaritscinxaritscin Member UncommonPosts: 350

looks nice, but i was expecting something more like Team Buddies.......more destroy enemy base with player made weapons than just craft the map and use normal weapons.......

• VryheidVryheid Member UncommonPosts: 469

Originally posted by tom_gore

I know, right? This looks ridiculously similar to minecraft. Though the sentries and vehicles don't fit with the blocky aesthetic. I'm going to take the wait and see approach to this, it might be a pretty cool spin on the classic MMO formulas.

• VryheidVryheid Member UncommonPosts: 469

Originally posted by tom_gore

I know, right? This looks ridiculously similar to minecraft. Though the sentries and vehicles don't fit with the blocky aesthetic. I'm going to take the wait and see approach to this, it might be a pretty cool spin on the classic MMO formulas.