Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Don't call me a hater because I don't like the game

I saw Star Wars : A new hope in the theaters

I owned all the original toys

I know tons of trivia, have read the books , and love Star Wars lore.

I was overseas in the military so I missed SWG saddly but glad I missed SOE's destruction of it

I have followed SWTOR with baited breath. Joined A guild a year ago, anticipated , and waited

I bought the collectors Edition the day it came out and gleefully planned my attack, witch classes I would roll first

I jumped for joy when I got a beta invite

I nearly pissed myself when the opening movie was playing "I think it looked better than the last 3 movies"

Then my heart sank when I started to play, level after level was more and more dissapointing to me . From the character creation to the end I wondered were the huge amounts of money went. Then I figured it out. I went into marketing.   Time will show this for what it is.

So all of you calling people like me haters remember that none of us existed before the game came out and the real haters were at it before release. Many of us are just dissapionted that we don't like it and that it did not live up to the hype.  

I know some of you would defend a George Lucas turd  on the sidewalk from flies till it turned white , and I think its noble, but this one does not deseve your time.

Corparations like EA will be glad to feed us crap if we eat it up. And especially if we fight over it. I think its time for an occupy EA movement.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can
be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard

Comments

• leojreimrocleojreimroc Member UncommonPosts: 371

Originally posted by DarkPony

Ok.

Well said.

• sanosukexsanosukex Member Posts: 1,836

many people feel the exact same way.. but don't worry I'm sure someone will come on here and say you SHOULD have known exactly what you were getting into before you played.. which is complete BS.. either way the game is fun enough for a bioware/star wars fan but is nothing revolutionary not even close.. its a mediocre game from many many aspects and if you are burned out on themeparks you probably will find many Issues while playing

• DarLorkarDarLorkar Member UncommonPosts: 1,082

Originally posted by Redcor

I was overseas in the military so I missed SWG saddly but glad I missed SOE's destruction of it

I have followed SWTOR with baited breath. Joined A guild a year ago, anticipated , and waited

I bought the collectors Edition the day it came out and gleefully planned my attack, witch classes I would roll first

I nearly pissed myself when the opening movie was playing "I think it looked better than the last 3 movies"

Then my heart sank when I started to play, level after level was more and more dissapointing to me . From the character creation to the end I wondered were the huge amounts of money went. Then I figured it out. I went into marketing.   Time will show this for what it is.

So all of you calling people like me haters remember that none of us existed before the game came out and the real haters were at it before release. Many of us are just dissapionted that we don't like it and that it did not live up to the hype.  

I know some of you would defend a George Lucas turd  on the sidewalk from flies till it turned white , and I think its noble, but this one does not deseve your time.

Corparations like EA will be glad to feed us crap if we eat it up. And especially if we fight over it. I think its time for an occupy EA movement.

You see if you had stopped at : Time will show this for what it is.

This might have turned out better:P Everything beyond that was just your personal frustration and troll bait.

So all i can say is, you reap what you sow.

• KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703

Originally posted by sanosukex

many people feel the exact same way.. but don't worry I'm sure someone will come on here and say you SHOULD have known exactly what you were getting into before you played.. which is complete BS.. either way the game is fun enough for a bioware/star wars fan but is nothing revolutionary not even close.. its a mediocre game from many many aspects and if you are burned out on themeparks you probably will find many Issues while playing

Since bioware were essentially bought by ea seems to me that they cut too many corners.  In effect bioware now seem to make games easy rather than good.

Personally wouldn't mind people defending the game so much if they had made it better.  Makes me wonder if it would be any better before ea got there hands on things.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

Ok.  Don't spam me with ad nauseam about your opinions, or shift into attack mode if mine differ from yours.  Deal?

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• RedcorRedcor Member Posts: 426

Originally posted by DarLorkar

This might have turned out better:P Everything beyond that was just your personal frustration and troll bait.

Really,  what percentage of Lucas Arts games are really good ?  And name all the games that have benefited from EA envolvment.

-Robert E. Howard

Originally posted by Icewhite

Ok.  Don't spam me with ad nauseam about your opinions, or shift into attack mode if mine differ from yours.  Deal?

Deal, but a single post is not quite spam and I never saw your opinions.

Next.....

-Robert E. Howard

Really,  what percentage of Lucas Arts games are really good ?  And name all the games that have benenited from EA envolvment.

well bioware made this one not lucas arts... either way you can just look at dragon age II and see what can happen to a good franchise when a big corporation like EA gets invloved

Really,  what percentage of Lucas Arts games are really good ?  And name all the games that have benenited from EA envolvment.

Whoah.  Point is NOT to fight, remember?

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• Cthulhu23Cthulhu23 Member Posts: 994

WARNING:  The above is strictly one man's opinion, and should not in any way, shape, or form be construed as fact, despite any attempts to justify it as such.  

• SkymourneSkymourne Member UncommonPosts: 380

"but this one does not deserve your time"  this is my complaint about what you stated.  I understand your frustrations, as there are many that truly wanted this game to be what they wanted it to be, however, that hasn't happened for some.  but please, don't tell me "this one isn't worth your time", as that may be true for you, it certainly isn't for me. I can't get enough. I'm waiting to get into my server now, hence why i'm here.  I understand that you don't like the game, but you speak for no one else but yourself, and telling those of us that are enjoying the game that it's not worth our time is rediculous. it's not worth YOUR time, and that's ok too.

• ShivamShivam Member Posts: 465

BS why? when will you people understand that what is average for you could be amazing for someone else. I am sure you are a fan of lots of amazing stuff which would be completely average for me. Am i going to call BS on your taste? nope. See it is a grown up thing really.

A game doesn't need to be revolutionry to be fun.. and what revolutionary games you are playing lately? i will gladly join you. 

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty -- Mahatma Gandhi

Originally posted by Cthulhu23

WARNING:  The above is strictly one man's opinion, and should not in any way, shape, or form be construed as fact, despite any attempts to justify it as such.  

and so is anything the above poster posts and the one above that and the one above that and on and on.. also I had a similar experience to this guy and I'm sure we are not the only two and judging from the amount of feedback on several differn't forums I can tell many many people feel similar

• caremuchlesscaremuchless Member Posts: 603

I know some of you would defend a George Lucas turd  on the sidewalk from flies till it turned white.

Thats hillarious. ^Best part of the whole rant :P

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by RedcorI know some of you would defend a George Lucas turd on the sidewalk from flies till it turned white , and I think its noble, but this one does not deseve your time.  Corparations like EA will be glad to feed us crap if we eat it up. And especially if we fight over it. I think its time for an occupy EA movement.

People are not called haters for not liking the game but this quoted part above ^^.

Just another hate thread that won't get moderated :/

Originally posted by Gdemami

Just another hate thread :/

Not necessarily.   A little standard anticorporate rhetoric never hurt anybody.

and so is anything the above poster posts and the one above that and the one above that and on and on..

Good, at least you understand that your opinion isn't shared by everyone who is currently playing.  And probably not the majority of people who are playing.  My opinion?  It's a great game, and worthy of every single penny I'm putting into it.  

I'm just glad I'm not one of those people who would knowingly give money to a company in order to play a "mediocre game."  

• ShivamShivam Member Posts: 465

and so is anything the above poster posts and the one above that and the one above that and on and on.. also I had a similar experience to this guy and I'm sure we are not the only two and judging from the amount of feedback on several differn't forums I can tell many many people feel similar

And i see much much more positive feedback..does that prove anything? i don't think so.

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty -- Mahatma Gandhi

People are not called haters for not liking the game but this quoted part above ^^.

Whats hatefull about that ? My opinion that EA destroys good games ? do you work for them ?

-Robert E. Howard

• pharazonicpharazonic Member Posts: 860

I know some of you would defend a George Lucas turd on the sidewalk from flies till it turned white , and I think its noble, but this one does not deseve your time.

Just another santimonious response that provides nothing of value to the community. 

At least the OP justified himself well enough in a mature, honest manner. 

"Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

I need to take this advice more.

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by Icewhite

Not necessarily.   A little standard anticorporate rhetoric never hurt anybody.

Name it like as you wish, it is still non-constructive, emotion(hate) driven. Makes no difference whether it is aimed at the game, company or person...

Whats hatefull about that ? Good. My opinion that EA destroys good games ? Suspect.  do you work for them ? Accusatory, expect a defensive reaction.

You're fine, until you tack on that one closing dig that (apparently) is in every post.

also I had a similar experience to this guy and I'm sure we are not the only two and judging from the amount of feedback on several differn't forums I can tell many many people feel similar

You wanna bet that more of the people who are currently playing the game share my opinion than share yours?  Here's a little clue for ya:  People that hate the game will always take to the forums.  People that love the game will generally...play the game.   So if you are using forum feedback as your sole means of measuring this game's feedback, then you aren't even getting half the story.  

• blackemperorblackemperor Member CommonPosts: 49

Hater!

This discussion has been closed.