Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Mind Boggling Stats

Comments

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

Originally posted by Yamota

Yep marketing hype. One that fanboys are swallowing, hook and bait.

Your eagerness to buy into any little conspiracy published does not speak well for your skepticism.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• ShivamShivam Member Posts: 465

Originally posted by Yamota

Yep marketing hype. One that fanboys are swallowing, hook and bait.

I love hype and they are not some made up numbers so yeah it is like an interesting trivia. So you were saying?

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty -- Mahatma Gandhi

• chbautistchbautist Member Posts: 50

Originally posted by Lowcaian

I am impressed, this game really makes you feel unique.

Yeah, as unique as the other 800 000 Jedis running around!

Originally posted by sgel

Why don't they say how many players are playing?

another article from the same source:

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20111223005439/en/Star-Wars-Republic-Jumps-Light-Speed

this one from dec 23rd says:

To date, players have:

• Logged 28 million in-game hours – roughly equivalent to watching all six Star Wars movies, two million times

• Averaged well over five hours a day playing the game

• Created more than 3.8 million characters; 510,000 Jedi Knights and 550,000 Sith Warriors

• Killed more than two billion non-player characters in the eight days since Early Game Access began

The article also says “Already over a million players strong after our Dec 20th launch"

So, with the stats doubling in 3 days means 30 millions hours in 3 days, for a million player... holy cows, these guys are playing an AVERAGE 10 hours a day! (I bet they had a great family time at Christmas)

• s4ndm4n2006s4ndm4n2006 Member UncommonPosts: 56

I love this game.  I'm not surprised at its success thus far.  Unfortunately I couldn't get the game just yet as I have been kind of strapped after Christmas spending on the kids first.  Hopefully soon though! 

Originally posted by chbautist

Originally posted by Lowcaian

I am impressed, this game really makes you feel unique.

Yeah, as unique as the other 800 000 Jedis running around!

Good then because i play MMOS to have fun and not feel unique. Otherwise i would have hated Lotro, Matrix Online, DCUO and any other MMOS based on huge IP's.

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty -- Mahatma Gandhi

• Sector13Sector13 Member UncommonPosts: 784

THQ has taken this opportunity to reveal some rather disturbing figures from the game Saints Row the Third:

• 2 million people have been bludgeoned to death by the purple Penetrator “d-bat”, also known as an IED (Inspirational Erotic Device)

• 5.8 billion citizens of Steelport have met their demise at the hands of gamers around the globe while playing Saints Row: The Third. That’s 19 times the population of the United States, roughly 85 percent of the population of the world

• Players have spent a cumulative  two years in their birthday suits streaking the streets of Steelport

• In Whored Mode, 44 million pimps, gimps and prostitutes have been dispatched, roughly twice the population of Texas

• Finally, 650 hot dog mascots have been overcooked to death by players using a flamethrower.

Pointless stats are pointless. Don't know why game companies think we should care about this stuff.

• nuttobnuttob Member Posts: 291

There are no subscribers yet.  Only peeps who bought the game with 30 days of game time.  So they could put up a number of how many peeps bought the game.  Too early to tell how many peeps will actually subscribe.  Why put out a number that you know is going to go inevitably down after a couple of months.  Let's see how many actually subscribers are left after 3 months.  That's what I would like to know...

Originally posted by Sector13

Pointless stats are pointless. Don't know why game companies think we should care about this stuff.

Are you serious my friend? we post on these forums bickering day and night about same two or three things and you talk about what is pointless? really? lol

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Originally posted by Shivam

Are you serious my friend? we post on these forums bickering day and night about same two or three things and you talk about what is pointless? really? lol

Exactly.  Fun stats are fun. A lot of the posters on these forums seem to have forgotten that some people play these games for fun and aren't rapt in a blanket of The Man vs Opporessed Gamer conspiracies.  Sometimes game makers do stuff because they feel their audience will be entertained by it. The denizens here really need to lighten up.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• Sector13Sector13 Member UncommonPosts: 784

The point you are trying to make is not coming through, friend. Pointing out that something is pointless does not make anything else more or less pointless. So, yeah, really.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

10 million  hours of voicover - skipped

:P

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

I am one of those 850,000 Sith Warriors. I'm nothing but a statistic!

• chbautistchbautist Member Posts: 50

another article from the same source:

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20111223005439/en/Star-Wars-Republic-Jumps-Light-Speed

this one from dec 23rd says:

To date, players have:

• Logged 28 million in-game hours – roughly equivalent to watching all six Star Wars movies, two million times

• Averaged well over five hours a day playing the game

• Created more than 3.8 million characters; 510,000 Jedi Knights and 550,000 Sith Warriors

• Killed more than two billion non-player characters in the eight days since Early Game Access began

The article also says “Already over a million players strong after our Dec 20th launch"

So, with the stats doubling in 3 days means 30 millions hours in 3 days, for a million player... holy cows, these guys are playing an AVERAGE 10 hours a day! (I bet they had a great family time at Christmas)

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309

Originally posted by MikeB

Reroll so they don't point you out anymore. Troopers FTW!

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• ZebladeZeblade Member UncommonPosts: 931

Originally posted by MikeB

I was watching my son in a raid last night killing some world boss. Man almost everyone was a Sith something..haha all but him. But thats kool.. its star wars and they love it and having a blast.

• jugularveinjugularvein Member UncommonPosts: 371

Originally posted by Icewhite

Originally posted by maskedweasel

Sith warriors out number Jedi.  Its official.  Everyone roll republic now, mkay?

Not unexpected.  It's always normal for "bad guys" to outnumber "good guys" on PVP servers.  It's a bigger-tougher-more badass art style thing.

Now what's going on with the PVE servers?  I know Jedi got a bad rap coming out of Beta but...oof.  Are Sith Inquis really THAT good?

Doesn't surprise me, having both a 48 consular and 44 sith, the sith overall was much more interesting to play.  The only thing I like about the Jedi are the ability animations.  I think the sith inquis animations look pretty dull.  But to compare the storylines is like apples to oranges.  The sith imo was much more indepth and you actually "felt" powerful.  With my jedi I seriously feel like the republics "bitch" since all they do is complain and send me to places to mop up their failures.  You really dont feel the recognition of being this powerful person helping to save the republic, but instead their lapdog;(  I tried switching it up on my Jedi and make him pure evil but still the storyline is a bit dull and everytime I do the "bad guy" thing, the npcs are like whatever, go do this for us now ;/  Overall Jedi for ability animations, Sith for everything else ;)

My 2 cents

CPU-HP Omen 17.3" Laptop  i7  12 GB AMD Radeon RX580 1 TB Hard Drive

• BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393
    They didn't mention the skill to no skill sith to republic ratio ? I'm stuck with a bunch of noobs cause I'm a Jedi
  • jugularveinjugularvein Member UncommonPosts: 371

Originally posted by KingofHartz

They didn't mention the skill to no skill sith to republic ratio ? I'm stuck with a bunch of noobs cause I'm a Jedi

Need a new server then, I had to hop a few myself and do some pvp to see which server was pretty evenly matched.  Im currently on Juyo. (PVE).   The pvp matching is very consistent anytime during the day, and almost every match is back and forth. 

CPU-HP Omen 17.3" Laptop  i7  12 GB AMD Radeon RX580 1 TB Hard Drive

The point you are trying to make is not coming through, friend. Pointing out that something is pointless does not make anything else more or less pointless. So, yeah, really.

It does, considering majority of the posts made here are pointless and no would care much about them after a day or so.

I find it ironic that someone would call a simple fun trivia to be pointless as if we engage in such important and world altering discussions everyday and someone all of a sudden threw a wrench and halted the important discussions we were having.

• garrygarry Member Posts: 263

Ah yes - Forum PVP. Spell this P-O-I-N-T-L-E-S-S.

I really like the game - to the point.

• HedeonHedeon Member UncommonPosts: 997

Why people find something to complain even in light hearted posts?

I was genuinely curious since subs have been going very well for them...

It's getting harder and harder to say anything on this forum without someone biting your head off.

well would say there is no reason to come wiht a sub number this early, but could speculate abit....260 million quests.....would just need someone with about 2-3 hours gametime /day to tell how many quests they have done so far.   just for a rough number of subscribtions :P

• ZefireZefire Member Posts: 676

so?

• AbdarAbdar Member UncommonPosts: 400

How about boxes sold?

I mean.. nobody can argue that Blizzard could release some numbers that would dwarf these with WoW, doesn't mean the game is good or bad. Kind of odd..

• nikoliathnikoliath Member UncommonPosts: 1,154

nice stats.

I really do pity those who frequent this site but find no joy in the genre, who simply sneer at every single release. Poor souls.

Originally posted by Abdar

How about boxes sold?

I mean.. nobody can argue that Blizzard could release some numbers that would dwarf these with WoW, doesn't mean the game is good or bad. Kind of odd..

WOW is 7 years old no surprise there. SWTOR stats are after one week of release. No point bringing WOW in comparison unless you are talking about its stats from release.