Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Mind Boggling Stats

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

EA and Bioware have released some eye-blinking, mind-boggling stats from Star Wars: The Old Republic. The numbers don't lie. Check it out.

• Over 60 million in-game hours – roughly equivalent to watching all six Star Wars movies over 4 million times

• Over 850,000 Sith Warriors and over 810,000 Jedi Knights created

• Over 260 million quests completed

• Over 44 million PvP battles

• Over 9 million space combat missions completed

• Over 3 billion NPCs killed

Check out the full Star Wars: The Old Republic press release.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ShivamShivam Member Posts: 465

Damn that is lot of big numbers o..O

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty -- Mahatma Gandhi

• PvPMEPvPME Member Posts: 14

And?...

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180

Sith warriors out number Jedi.  Its official.  Everyone roll republic now, mkay?

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

Originally posted by PvPME

And?...

I'm guessing you are implying there is no point to this article, I'd like to take this time to point out there is no point to your post either.

• krawllkrawll Member Posts: 18

...and ...and... EA and Biowear are the bestest bestest evah!!!

** clasps hands together against chest and does the happy dance **

ok...back to reality.... heres what I think ... *raspberry*

• sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197

Why don't they say how many players are playing?

..Cake..

• bronecarbronecar Member Posts: 685

Well, it's a big galaxy...

But red zones and big numbers have a tendency to clash in my book.

If more is better in their opinion, why leave some/many out of it?

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

Originally posted by maskedweasel

Sith warriors out number Jedi.  Its official.  Everyone roll republic now, mkay?

Not unexpected.  It's always normal for "bad guys" to outnumber "good guys" on PVP servers.  It's a bigger-tougher-more badass art style thing.

Now what's going on with the PVE servers?  I know Jedi got a bad rap coming out of Beta but...oof.  Are Sith Inquis really THAT good?

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713

Originally posted by sgel

Better not to jump the gun and say "We have 2 million people playing!" then in a month say "Ya, we aren't releasing sub numbers...server mergers tomorrow!"

Not that i';m saying that will happen, but I think they'd rather play it safe.

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596

Mind-boggling would be seeing similar stats from WoW.  

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

Why people find something to complain even in light hearted posts?

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty -- Mahatma Gandhi

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309

Originally posted by MindTrigger

After it's first week? It wouldn't be this impressive.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197

Originally posted by Shivam

I was genuinely curious since subs have been going very well for them...

It's getting harder and harder to say anything on this forum without someone biting your head off.

..Cake..

It's getting harder and harder to say anything on this forum without someone biting your head off.

Couldn't by all the cynicism and negativity?  Nope, probably not.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

You call this biting your head off? rofl. 

• LowcaianLowcaian Member Posts: 265

I am impressed, this game really makes you feel unique.

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

Because that'd be opening a whole new can of worms.

In case they have to deal to with "regular servers becoming trial servers". 

Could you imagine the amount of tears that would flow? image

• MynscMynsc Member UncommonPosts: 49

Good question.

What they posted are big numbers that sound impressive, but can't really be compared with anything and you can't exactly tell how many people are playing from them.

They are a smoke screen basically.

http://titanfocus.info - news, predictions and place for discussions about Blizzard's upcoming next-gen MMO.

Originally posted by Mynsc

Or it could be a lack of solid subscription numbers until, you know, Jan. 20th...the first day they could post any numbers that would possibly matter.

Eesh argumentum ad numerum is so tiresome.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Ah the numbers game, with selected numbers being shown and the rest neglected. EA sure knows how to disguise any areas they don't see 'looking good' by neglecting them and using numbers to blind people of facts.

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309

Originally posted by Purutzil

Ah the numbers game, with selected numbers being shown and the rest neglected. EA sure knows how to disguise any areas they don't see 'looking good' by neglecting them and using numbers to blind people of facts.

Which facts are we being blinded of? Do tell!

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

There is always one in the bunch.  They could release 1001 stats and you would still point out some flaw.  That's all on you.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596

Originally posted by WhiteLantern

Originally posted by MindTrigger

After it's first week? It wouldn't be this impressive.

What I think is most funny, is that you guys took my comment as a slam on SWTOR.  All I said was that I would be mind-boggled by WoW's (current) numbers.  Perhaps if you fanboys were a bit less sensitive, everything wouldn't seem so negative.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Originally posted by Laughing-man

Originally posted by PvPME

And?...

I'm guessing you are implying there is no point to this article, I'd like to take this time to point out there is no point to your post either.

Nice circular logic there...

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Originally posted by Mynsc

Good question.

What they posted are big numbers that sound impressive, but can't really be compared with anything and you can't exactly tell how many people are playing from them.

Yep marketing hype. One that fanboys are swallowing, hook and bait.