Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need some honest answers

VigilianceVigiliance Member UncommonPosts: 213

I have never played any of the Everquest games, they are fabled to be very good and have a great community.

What I really want is just to have a character or two on a rpg game that has multiple ways in which I can progress my character. 

That being said can I really play this game F2p without being terribly inconvienced? Often times f2p mmos don't provide good regen in the game and lure you in to buying consumables. 

How many ways can I progress my character outside of getting levels?

Tradeskills, reputations, achievements, etc.

Comments

• JimmacJimmac Member UncommonPosts: 1,660

EQ2 F2P is super limiting. You can only get the weakest version(s) of a spell, which makes you a pretty crappy addition to groups. I can't answer your other questions, but I can say that EQ2 F2P version should only be used as a trial/demo of the P2P game.

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

i played f2p and you are limited..i just ended up subbing..mainly because i,m having  a  blast with this game..so much variety in classes.

• BullseyeArc1BullseyeArc1 Member UncommonPosts: 410

Originally posted by Jimmac

EQ2 F2P is super limiting. You can only get the weakest version(s) of a spell, which makes you a pretty crappy addition to groups. I can't answer your other questions, but I can say that EQ2 F2P version should only be used as a trial/demo of the P2P game.

You can play a pretty good F2P game on silver plan.   I dont like any limits so I sub, the games huge Im a casual player, and still havnt hit max level.    Just when you think youve explored an area thiers something else to do, so Im still finishing off old quests and new ones at the same time.    I research the servers I dont know which ones are the most active or closest to you.

• VigilianceVigiliance Member UncommonPosts: 213

So if you sub, you get better access to spells and abilities or just higher ranks?

What subcription levels are there and their respective costs/benefits?

Thanks for your time guys I appreciate it.

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

Originally posted by Vigiliance

So if you sub, you get better access to spells and abilities or just higher ranks?

What subcription levels are there and their respective costs/benefits?

Thanks for your time guys I appreciate it.

you get access to all spells,all classes apart from beastlord..you have to buy age of discovery expansion for that. it really is worth it to sub..like all other f2p ..you get bogged down with restrictions,more inverntory space etc

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
  • ArkainArkain Member UncommonPosts: 491

If you sub remember there is a cheep way: 

SOE is having dubble points right now

If you have a Wal-mart near you, the $15 card (this card is worth 1500 points) also gives +500 points (this is a wal-mart only offer) thats makes it 2000 points x 2 = 4000, so 3 cards would be 12000 points for only $45 .

and to get a year it is 11,988 SOE points

that is the cheepest sub for any MMORPG that I know of.

I have tested this my self, and it works.

• RafadotnechiRafadotnechi Member UncommonPosts: 90

the f2p plans even silver are very limited,the classes ,spells,races,boker,and gear limitations you can buy unlocks at store(legenday fabled gear/spell unlock its 150 SC 5 charges 30 SC per piece/spell,the classes and races are hell expensive 750 SC per class/race) but there are 2 horrible limitations you cant unlock as f2p by any means its the gold cap(20g/5g per level that means at 90 you can carry only  18p as a silver member even worse only 1p if you are bronze) and the Alternate Advancement xp adjustment bar(see more here http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Alternate_Advancement).

thats it take you own conclusions

they at least they offer the entire game pre-DoV content for free.

• RazeronRazeron Member Posts: 180
    It's a good MMO, $0E are knobs.

The "F2P" is far too restricting to be worth even attempting, unless you're willing to dump money into the worst gaming/mmo company in existence besides GamersFirst and Frogster I suggest avoiding it entirely.
  • NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

Originally posted by Razeron

It's a good MMO, $0E are knobs. The "F2P" is far too restricting to be worth even attempting

I agree SOE are knobs but the f2p is not too restricting

as I posted elsewhere, 

pay a one time fee of 5.00  (or no fee if exsub)  and you have silver membership

Ive personally leveled as a silver member from 1 to 90 without paying a penny more :)

no unlockers were needed while leveling -- solo leveling is beyond easy in EQ2