Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Oh yes, i must be crazy

MalchietzMalchietz Member Posts: 35

((The Story))

I turned my back FFXI, my footsteps echoing as i walked the small space of my home for the last time. My presence was requested in the battlefield of Heros by a friend who provided me with the currency and the game to export myself City of Heros- closing the doors on my FFXI account my spirit passed out of the doors of FFXI. My discs were then found broken two weeks later- by me in a fit of wanting to betray my friend and come back into FFXI. Having fully completed the switch into Coh, i soon discovered the game to be not my style and that i had foolishly left my comfortable position in vana'diel to be disregarded in CoH. To belong to nothing and everything at the same time- at level 24 i left CoH. Now i seek to return to FFXI, however now since i must leave my home to go and work towards a higher education... I am armed with a laptop.... which barely reaches 1312 in the FFXI Benchmark.

My choices are to spend some forty odd dolars on this laptop to play the game- or spend some near 400 dollars to get an old PS2 with a harddrive, to play the game. Someone with a system this weak or close to this, could you give me a summary of how your gaming life was. from just about every aspect of the gaming experience. i believe my old computer= which i cannot take with me recieved a 1900 on the bench mark 2. any insight/advice would be much appreciated, thanks in advance.

Intel Core 2 Duo @2.88
Upgrading to
AMD Phenom II x6 1055T
4.0 Gigs DDR2 RAM
Upgrading to
4.0 Gigs of DDR3 1066 RAM
Asus P5B-NE SLI Mobo
Upgrading to
MSI 870A-G54 mobo
ATI Radeon 4800
Upgrading to
ATI Radeon 5770

Just to be able to play FFXIV.
Consider that, a Warning.

Comments

• anarchyartanarchyart Member Posts: 5,378
    I couldn't imagine your laptop having too much trouble playing FFXI, but then I'm not a wizard or anything. Call your local EB and see how much FFXI for pc is going for, I know at my EB in canada it was very cheap I think 20 bucks and thats canadian and I got Chains of Promathia for 1 penny extra.

• MalchietzMalchietz Member Posts: 35

Originally posted by Malchietz
    I am armed with a laptop.... which barely reaches 1312 in the FFXI Benchmark.

Which Barely Reaches 1312 in low res- does not function at all in high res. The laptop is is a HP Omnibook 6100 with a 1 ghz pIII processor (eww) and 384 mb's of ram- with a 400-1000 mb paging file and a 14g harddrive. with a Radeon Mobile GPU (memory and model number not specified) The Benchmarks built in demo although work good- it looks funny and when the screen turns white notably during the part with the descending airships, and the mage casting that ice spell on the girl- it looks like you miss a small part of the screen when it turns white. the benchmark isnt as attractive as it was before- but now i am going to look at it on another cpu to compare.

This one- has  512 mb of ram- 1.60 ghz p4 processor with a 1.5- 2.5 GB of ram and a nvidia vanta Video card.

Intel Core 2 Duo @2.88
    Upgrading to
    AMD Phenom II x6 1055T
    4.0 Gigs DDR2 RAM
    Upgrading to
    Asus P5B-NE SLI Mobo
    Upgrading to
    MSI 870A-G54 mobo
    ATI Radeon 4800
    Upgrading to
    ATI Radeon 5770

Just to be able to play FFXIV.
    Consider that, a Warning.

• MalchietzMalchietz Member Posts: 35

I am armed with a laptop.... which barely reaches 1312 in the FFXI Benchmark.

Which Barely Reaches 1312 in low res- does not function at all in high res. The laptop is is a HP Omnibook 6100 with a 1 ghz pIII processor (eww) and 384 mb's of ram- with a 400-1000 mb paging file and a 14g harddrive. with a Radeon Mobile GPU (memory and model number not specified) The Benchmarks built in demo although work good- it looks funny and when the screen turns white notably during the part with the descending airships, and the mage casting that ice spell on the girl- it looks like you miss a small part of the screen when it turns white. the benchmark isnt as attractive as it was before- but now i am going to look at it on another cpu to compare.

This one- has  512 mb of ram- 1.60 ghz p4 processor with a 1.5- 2.5 GB of ram and a nvidia vanta Video card.

wow- the desktop((my father's btw)) cant even run the FFXI benchmark 3, somehow this seemingly insignificant weapon can pierce the viel of the beast which my superior's greatsword could not? why this is a remarkable piece of equipment indeed... so i suppose i will get the game next week. soo.... anyone interested in the recruitment program thing?

Intel Core 2 Duo @2.88
    Upgrading to
    AMD Phenom II x6 1055T
    4.0 Gigs DDR2 RAM
    Upgrading to
    Asus P5B-NE SLI Mobo
    Upgrading to
    MSI 870A-G54 mobo
    ATI Radeon 4800
    Upgrading to
    ATI Radeon 5770