Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Level 25, so far...

13»

Comments

• sudosudo Member UncommonPosts: 697

Originally posted by kb056

Originally posted by Starpower

Lets not try and pass personal opinion and playstyle as facts.

In my opinion, these are Facts.

In my opinion, these are Lies.

And I'm level 25 too.

"Only in quiet waters do things mirror themselves undistorted.
    Only in a quiet mind is adequate perception of the world."
    Hans Margolius

• DevusinDevusin Member Posts: 15

A good start would be to start your post with "I feel it's.." or "to me personally.." something along those lines. it saves a lot of back and fourth posting

This troll tried too hard to find something wrong with the OP. =/

I haven't played the game and from what I'm hearing have not intention to. To me uninteractive things like automated player action, as in you double click and watch your character fight, is what killed swg along with travel time. A direct link to cutscenes. Which I know will get pretty old, pretty fast, c'mon most ppl skip the cutscenes usually ffs, because they're boring.

MoS resurecci

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805

Originally posted by Devusin

A good start would be to start your post with "I feel it's.." or "to me personally.." something along those lines. it saves a lot of back and fourth posting

This troll tried too hard to find something wrong with the OP. =/

I haven't played the game and from what I'm hearing have not intention to. To me uninteractive things like automated player action, as in you double click and watch your character fight, is what killed swg along with travel time. A direct link to cutscenes. Which I know will get pretty old, pretty fast, c'mon most ppl skip the cutscenes usually ffs, because they're boring.

It wasn't that hard. An old SWG vet trolling. Nothing new in that.

Sorry to see you won't be playing TOR. You will be missed by those that care

• albaficassalbaficass Member Posts: 101

The game is brilliant and by far the best mmo to date

Go back to your old crappy 90's mmo no lifer

we dont need naps like you

This game is a success and its here to stay like it or not admit it or not its a fact kkthxbb

• crusher143crusher143 Member UncommonPosts: 198

I just click now the side quests away but the main story is pretty good as an Inquisitor I have to say. Iam now lvl33, there was a point where it wasnt that good but last lvls I have to say it was pretty nice. Now SPOILER ALERT I have killed my master "Darth Zash" and their followers now follow and want to learn from me :).

I have to say Iam not that guy who likes or care for stories, I always click them away but  the class quest so far is pretty good.

So just hold on, I was around lvl25/26 and also was somehow bored but now the joy since Tatooine and Alderaan came back ...

• AyuroxAyurox Member UncommonPosts: 64

OP is you say 95% is timesink and 5% is gameplay, then by the time you wrote this post you should have been 50 !!!

• neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681

lvl 40/valor 39 sorc, just got thundering blast hours before the patch downtime, o god its jizztastic (100% crit rate if target is afflicted). i can drop a group of republic scum before they realize theyre in danger in pvp now.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

[mod edit]

BTW SWTOR rocks, having a blast with everthing i do with my guildies.

• SendenSenden Member UncommonPosts: 602

After leveling two different characters (one each side) I tend to agree that the story does get boring.. it gets to the point where ur just hammering the space bar going "BLAH BLAH BLAH" some of it is truly interesting and worth hearing but there is only so many times you can hear someone's personal woes just so you can grab a kill/retrieve quest. The class stories are interesting though however there feels like a lot of filler stuff just to get to the good stuff especially with the BH.

• Hopscotch73Hopscotch73 Member UncommonPosts: 971

Percieved time != real time.

On travel: I know after months testing, I now grind my teeth from 13-15 waiting for sprint and from 20-25 waiting for my speeder. With both of those, travel time is less of a pain. I did Tatooine without a speeder once and it was not fun.

So, for some people who aren't into the story, time in convos drags. That I can grok on some level.

I can't relate though...really. Don't know what class the OP is playing, but I finished Act 1 on my Agent last night (yay, legacy name!) and it blew me away.

Freakin' epic stuff.

Yesterday (yay also for day off work), I ran flashpoints, played the space game (it's kinda growing on me, and I never thought I'd say that) and did a couple of warzones. I like to mix things up in games, if the OP is feeling story is too much of a grind, maybe try some of the other stuff on offer?

• MatchuMatchu Member UncommonPosts: 24

I agree with the sentiment of the OP, in that the storytelling is too long imho and not engaging. I am a huge Star Wars fan and am struggling to be drawn into the game so far.

• EladiEladi Member UncommonPosts: 1,145

If you hate the movies and rather would get old fashion text and go on youre way.. select preferences at the character select screen, disable movies.  and use spacebar..

Me, I love the story's and movies,  they do take some time but unless youre a min-maxer who sees every min of not killing someting as lost time its realy not a big deal.

• zimmy910zimmy910 Member UncommonPosts: 190

I really like the cutscenes for the class storyline and there were a few other major quests that were enhanced by the voice acting etc.. But some quests are just 'kill ten rats' quests in disguise and having to go through the dialogue feels very tedious.

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558

95%, ya not even close, but to each their own.

• Sora2810Sora2810 Member Posts: 567

Only word I can describe SW:ToR is, Generic.

"Story" = Timesink, nothing more.(and not as interestering as we have been led to believe)

5% actually playing the game, 95% listening to "Story"/Traveling.

Yeah, generic. Becuase 95% of the time I listen to the cut-scene's in RIFT.

You going to keep playing?

Played - M59, EQOA, EQ, EQ2, PS, SWG[Favorite], DAoC, UO, RS, MXO, CoH/CoV, TR, FFXI, FoM, WoW, Eve, Rift, SWTOR, TSW.
    Playing - PS2, AoW, GW2

• PoachinatorPoachinator Member UncommonPosts: 80

Originally posted by dubyahite

95% cutscene and 5% playing the game? That's not a fact.

That's a lie, unless maybe you really suck at the cutscenes and just sit there unable to make a decision for hours.

Epic comment. I totally agree. Oh and if you turn sub titles on and can read faster then a 1st grader, you can hit the space bar to make it quicker. 

• skulljoeskulljoe Member Posts: 89

Decide yourselves. Is this a story heavy game or a mob grinder?

• sanosukexsanosukex Member Posts: 1,836

in my experience so far its like maybe 10% dialog, 50% fighting crap, and 40% running around when doing quests.. not a horrible balance would prefer little less running around but it's not too bad

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857

"Story" = Timesink, nothing more.(and not as interestering as we have been led to believe)

Is this your first game of any kind, ever?  Whether it's hide and seek, chutes and ladders, COD, Quake, Skyrim, SWTOR, or anything....

GAME = Time Sink

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• sanosukexsanosukex Member Posts: 1,836

Originally posted by Souldrainer

Is this your first game of any kind, ever?  Whether it's hide and seek, chutes and ladders, COD, Quake, Skyrim, SWTOR, or anything....

GAME = Time Sink

true the real question is does the TIME SINK = FUN   that's all that really matters in the end.. not like we are making money playing these games.. well at least most of us aren't..

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

Originally posted by sanosukex

Originally posted by Souldrainer

"Story" = Timesink, nothing more.(and not as interesting as we have been led to believe)

GAME = Time Sink

true the real question is does the TIME SINK = FUN   that's all that really matters in the end.. not like we are making money playing these games.. well at least most of us aren't..

I'll listen to any opinions but  when the OP said 5%/95% split, it immediately discredits them. It is about 15% cutscene (maybe 20%) and 85% (or 80) game play. Since in their opinion, the 5/95% are FACTS, it's not even worth discussion. A case of someone who is wrong and refuses to discuss otherwise. *shrug*

• kotzkotz Member UncommonPosts: 100

Its a great game.

Cant come up with another game that i would like to play instead of Swtor...  Seriously, think about that.

Any1 having an idea of what that could be??

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662

Sorry (I know I'm going to get warned for this) but the post by the original poster  was 50% timesink  AND 50% pointless. Is that's a fact? Dunno. And just to make it clear, it was pointless in part because it is not a true reflection of what he stated in the thread title...where's the review? All I saw was 3 lines of impressions (not backed by any review) that wasn't really helpful .

By the way, can someone explain to me what game is not 100% timesink AND 100% gameplay? I mean you are playing a game which IS nothing more than a timesink anyway...correct?

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• StSynnerStSynner Member Posts: 123

the spacebar is your friend, bro. learn to love it.