Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guess now we know EAlouse wasn't just raving mad

imo, things don't look to be changing for EA.  when will they get it right?

Comments

• pharazonicpharazonic Member Posts: 860

Theodwulf is a wise person. I'm sure they would have a hearty chuckle reading some of the things posted here.

As for me? I think I will just sit back and watch it unfold. I have made my predictions numerous times ~:)

How I love being right!

"Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

I need to take this advice more.

• beeker255beeker255 Member UncommonPosts: 351

I feel like im only getting half the story.

• onthestickonthestick Member Posts: 600

So OP still believe it cost 300 million to make SWTOR? really? because EAlouse said so? and he also said that SWTOR is going to be the biggest failure in history of MMOS and OP also believes that. lol

No EAlouse was mad, raving or not but nothing he said has come true. 

How many servers SWTOR will launch with on release?

ShredderSE - Umm how many do they need? Maybe 6.
    US, EU, Asian, France, German and Russian.
    Subs will be so low there is no need for more
    Snoocky-How many servers?
    The first 3 months a lot...after that 2 i guess, one for PVE and 1 for PVP...

Thorbrand - SWTOR doesn't have longevity at all. Might be one of the shortest lived MMOs.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

2 million at 100$ each turn in 200 million at lunch!almost 2/3 recoup if it costed 300 million so no sweat this is a huge success!

• LawlmonsterLawlmonster Member UncommonPosts: 1,085

Originally posted by onthestick

So OP still believe it cost 300 million to make SWTOR? really? because EAlouse said so? and he also said that SWTOR is going to be the biggest failure in history of MMOS and OP also believes that. lol

Isn't it true what he mentioned regarding the sound, though? I mean, he's completely correct: the game is almost verbatim what has been mass produced for the past five or ten years, with great sound and VO. From that perspective, which is one I share, it seems his statement is par for the course.

"This is life! We suffer and slave and expire. That's it!" -Bernard Black (Dylan Moran)

• fonyfony Member Posts: 755

- budget could be true. EA/Bioware word is worth as much as their fanboys' these days.

- install size is actually bigger than what he predicted, but not far off.

- certainly now that the cat is out of the bag, the VO is the only standout feature and the rest actually is a joke(YMMV depending on fanboyism).

- this is looking no more steady than WAR. high pre orders, high launch numbers, bad game with tons of issues that the dev will be slow to iron out(Erickson has already said that many issues like the ability delay, every downfal of pvp and many bug fixes that were reported since early beta are of low priority).

So how is this not baiting or constructive?

• fonyfony Member Posts: 755

this is a discussion, i have no intention of baiting anyone. i will not get drawn in to any arguemnts.

• pharazonicpharazonic Member Posts: 860

Originally posted by drbaltazar

2 million at 100$ each turn in 200 million at lunch!almost 2/3 recoup if it costed 300 million so no sweat this is a huge success!

EA/BW has said they need to sell $500k copies to break even.

That said, an MMO's monetary success or failure does nothing to it in the eyes of the community and rightfully so. 

AoC has a positive cash flow right now and the game is actually making FC money since F2P. But just because AoC's financial reports look pretty doesn't mean FunCon is a great MMO developer does it? 

Similarly, take WoW - the game has a lot of negatives. But if you were to judge it on the basis of how muc money they rake in, they're the best MMO ever. 

"Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

I need to take this advice more.

• ZefireZefire Member Posts: 676

Originally posted by pharazonic

Theodwulf is a wise person. I'm sure they would have a hearty chuckle reading some of the things posted here.

As for me? I think I will just sit back and watch it unfold. I have made my predictions numerous times ~:)

How I love being right!

Hahaha it looks so funny when developers make big promises and sh1t like that to the crowd only to come out with a very descent game.

Although i will be playing this game when it becomes b2p just like gw2 but im not spending a dime on it cause they dont deserve it nor they will in the future.

The funny part is that the masses speak alone.When they will start loosing players they will realise the huge dissapointment they delivered.

On the other hand when gw2 will come out which is the most anticipated game how in the hell swtor will survive.

B2p always wins

Anyone heard when swtor goes free to play im sure they already started planning this.

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

I'm not seeing the point here. How was he he proven right again?

First of all, about the file size of the game. Only about 7-8 GB is VO work.  The rest is the game. 

Second, we still don't know what the budget of this game was, and I still don't think it was anywhere near 300 million.

Comparing the game to Avatar? WHAT? That doesn't even make sense.

Oh, and the greatest failure of MMOs in the history of EA? I don't see how you can possibly make that claim yet. 

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

Originally posted by Lawlmonster

Isn't it true what he mentioned regarding the sound, though? I mean, he's completely correct: the game is almost verbatim what has been mass produced for the past five or ten years, with great sound and VO. From that perspective, which is one I share, it seems his statement is par for the course.

Oh please..stop grasping at the straws. What EALouse said about VO wasn't some hidden secret. Everyone knew about VO and Bioware was pretty open and proud about it. Now whether you like or dislike it is another matter but EAlouse didn't tell us something we already didn't knew.

Thorbrand - SWTOR doesn't have longevity at all. Might be one of the shortest lived MMOs.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

First to prove EAlouse correct we'd have to know for fact they spent 300 mil making TOR. WIthout such proof there's no argument to be proven.

Second all threads like this say, and what we learn from it is, posters will say and attempt to solidify any point, simply because a game isn't what they wanted it to be. Even if the soucre of that point, debunked his comments himself.

In short, you want to believe EA louse and throw his statements out there not because they've been proven, but because TOR isn't the game you want, and you know such a statement will result in a heated back and forth that goes no where. At the end of that discussion nothing will change; those who like TOR will still call BS, those who don't will do the opposite if in some way EAlouse's comments prove some point they want to make. Such as "TOR is nothing new, it's the same MMO we've always played with VO and cutscenes".

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• AdamTMAdamTM Member Posts: 1,376

Oh look the defend0rs have arrived.

Anyways I'm not sure what OP is on about.

Originally posted by fony

- budget could be true. EA/Bioware word is worth as much as their fanboys' these days.

- certainly now that the cat is out of the bag, the VO is the only standout feature and the rest actually is a joke(YMMV depending on fanboyism).

- this is looking no more steady than WAR. high pre orders, high launch numbers, bad game with tons of issues that the dev will be slow to iron out(Erickson has already said that many issues like the ability delay, every downfal of pvp and many bug fixes that were reported since early beta are of low priority).

And haters word is worth more than both fanboys and EA/bioware? two can play this game bud!

If you believe EAlouse that SWTOR is going to be biggest failure in MMO history then i can only laugh at your misplaced trust.  V.O is a feature that standout yes but thare other things also like crew skills, companion system etc. Your opinion is not a fact and nothing that your idol EAlouse said has come true..not even close. You are trying too hard here to put SWTOR down..really really hard.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Originally posted by beeker255

Because he's not really saying it. He's just posting what someone else wrote about delusional fanboys and EA failing and the  clusterf**k that is SWTOR. All he is doing is saying that the guy was correct.  Stop trying to call it a duck just because it walks and quacks like a duck. image

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

Originally posted by AdamTM

If putting logic into nonsense like OP makes them defenders then well i hope more people defend it with reasoning. Do you have anything to add to topic thoug or you are here just to put labels?

• Sector13Sector13 Member UncommonPosts: 784

Originally posted by fony

And haters word is worth more than both fanboys and EA/bioware? two can play this game bud!

If you believe EAlouse that SWTOR is going to be biggest failure in MMO history then i can only laugh at your misplaced trust.  V.O is a feature that standout yes but thare other things also like crew skills, companion system etc. Your opinion is not a fact and nothing that your idol EAlouse said has come true..not even close. You are trying too hard here to put SWTOR down..really really hard.

Well, if we want to get really technical here, SWTOR is still in the honeymoon period. We wont know anything for certain till at least after that point for either side of the argument.

Originally posted by Zefire

Originally posted by pharazonic

How I love being right!

Hahaha it looks so funny when developers make big promises and sh1t like that to the crowd only to come out with a very descent game.

Although i will be playing this game when it becomes b2p just like gw2 but im not spending a dime on it cause they dont deserve it nor they will in the future.

The funny part is that the masses speak alone.When they will start loosing players they will realise the huge dissapointment they delivered.

On the other hand when gw2 will come out which is the most anticipated game how in the hell swtor will survive.

B2p always wins

Anyone heard when swtor goes free to play im sure they already started planning this.

Well you have already got the game so you have spent 60 dollars on it  or if you got it as a gift they paid 60 bucks for it either way Bioware got paid . Unless your earlier thread about you ranting about having to put in CC information before you start your account was all just BS.

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Oh lord no! not people who enjoy a game and defend it against blatant lies and misinformation like the OP!

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

Originally posted by Loktofeit

Originally posted by beeker255

Because he's not really saying it. He's just posting what someone else wrote about delusional fanboys and EA failing and the  clusterf**k that is SWTOR. All he is doing is saying that the guy was correct.  Stop trying to call it a duck just because it walks and quacks like a duck. image

So he is using someones else troll post to bait people? sounds like baiting to me.

• AdamTMAdamTM Member Posts: 1,376

Originally posted by dubyahite

Oh lord no! not people who enjoy a game and defend it against blatant lies and misinformation like the OP!

The op didn't even say anything, he posted a screenshot.

WTF are you on?

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857

In for the long haul.  This is their first MMO.  IMO, it is awesome.

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• LawlmonsterLawlmonster Member UncommonPosts: 1,085

Originally posted by Lawlmonster

Oh please..stop grasping at the straws. What EALouse said about VO wasn't some hidden secret. Everyone knew about VO and Bioware was pretty open and proud about it. Now whether you like or dislike it is another matter but EAlouse didn't tell us something we already didn't knew.

Who's grasping at straws? The game is what we've been playing for the past ten years, with great sound and VO. Are you trying to imply that his open letter was written after the information regarding TOR was released, so therefore his statements aren't credible?

"This is life! We suffer and slave and expire. That's it!" -Bernard Black (Dylan Moran)

Originally posted by dubyahite

The op didn't even say anything, he posted a screenshot.

WTF are you on?

So you just wanted to jump in and start calling people defenders because it is fun?