Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

With the new patch of CBT4 they added tree climbing.

2»

Comments

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Originally posted by BlackUhuru

Originally posted by Zekiah

Originally posted by 8BitAvatar

Looks like a pretty cool strategic feature.

One thing that was soul crushing while watching that clip though....

I saw exclamation points and question marks over NPC heads.

:(

Yeah, I don't like that either or the "shiny" collection. Meh. WoW has been a black-eye on the industry for a very long time.

Well considering that quests in Archeage are really the only themepark feature in the game im willing to deal with it, everything else in this game is open world sandbox so im good.

Plus you can switch quest markers off.

I hear ya, there are some things that bug me but it's as close as we're gonna get to a true sandbox these days. It's hard to tell how good (or bad) it really is until we get to test it but it does have a lot of interesting features. It's certainly worth keeping an eye on, I have been for awhile now.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596

I wish this game was closer to a US release.  At this point it is irrelevant.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• AmateAmate Member Posts: 88

Originally posted by Teala: Amate, you play this game right...what are your feelings about it?  I watch all of Steparu's stuff and the game just looks amazing.  

Well, I haven't had this much fun in a MMO in a long time. It's nearly the same feeling as when I played my first MMO. But maybe it's because it's still fresh/new and all. So I think I need more time before I can be really objective about it.

I've seen some potential issues too, but XLgames has been so amazingly fast at fixing and patching stuff, they keep amazing me. If anything, they deserve thumbs up for the hard work.

• TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235

i still dont get the point of climbing a tree in a game

unless it may be used to a getaway from mobs that is overwhelming you, so you can run to a tree and climb it to safe yourself, otherwise, i dont see any good use of this tree climbing feature

or maybe if you can pick up fruits (gathering/Scavenging)  that grew on the tree.. then ok..

So What Now?

• AdamTMAdamTM Member Posts: 1,376

Originally posted by TweFoju

i still dont get the point of climbing a tree in a game

unless it may be used to a getaway from mobs that is overwhelming you, so you can run to a tree and climb it to safe yourself, otherwise, i dont see any good use of this tree climbing feature

or maybe if you can pick up fruits (gathering/Scavenging)  that grew on the tree.. then ok..

Scouting? Hiding?

Getting an overview of the area?

not all games have a minimap

• EvilGeekEvilGeek Member UncommonPosts: 1,258

Can some mobs follow you up a tree ? I could see this as a good way to escape aggro but having mobs that can climb too would be awesome.

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

Not a game changing feature, but a small nice thing imho.  Many small features / things / details add to each other and imo frequently make game experience much better.

Looking forward to it.