Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rift: Slivers of a Fae Yule

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

In the latest Chronicles of One Telaran, we continue the look at the Fae Yule celebrations currently ongoing in Rift. Check out what's transpired for poor Caedryn since the last time we checked in with him as he discovered that not all is bright ribbons and wrapping paper.

Hello there! And here we are, trudging through these last few days before Christmas. The kids are counting how many sleeps left till the big day. (As are the parents, but for vastly different reasons). The prospect of a new working year with the children back at school and the return of normal-ity beckons temptingly, like the leftovers from Christmas lunch in the fridge. (And like tucking into those leftovers, actually returning to work will leave you with a sick feeling and a vague feeling of "what was I thinking? I didn't want this!"

Read more of Paul Crilley's Chronicles of One Telaran: Slivers of a Fae Yule.

I'm gonna take you down to Chinatown!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• PuremallacePuremallace Member Posts: 1,856

Great write-up. Slivers are the best addition to mmo in 7 years. It separates 10man and 20man raiding and also uses current world assets to make raids on. I loved the idea when they proposed it and every sliver has been delivered fast.

So far 3 new 10 mans in 8months since release. Guilded Prophesy, Drowned Halls, and Rise of the Phoenix.

• i like how trion is able to convert a used area into something fresh. going back to places we leveled and fighting raid bosses is pretty cool. they don't have to make a whole new zone. they just have to update it to adjust to raiding. the way they did GSB was petty cool too. make one room adjust depending on which of the first four bosses you were on. works for me. same with chronicles too. they adjust a raid zone into something for 1-2 players. pretty smart imo.

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

I'm not the biggest fan of Rift, but Paul's articles are true gems among the BS that is being published on this site.

One of the very few here who is not a tool of the industry, but able to present a game in an interesting way which does not make you quit reading in disgust because of obvious and constant bias in your face.

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

Originally posted by Daddydazzle

i like how trion is able to convert a used area into something fresh. going back to places we leveled and fighting raid bosses is pretty cool. they don't have to make a whole new zone. they just have to update it to adjust to raiding. the way they did GSB was petty cool too. make one room adjust depending on which of the first four bosses you were on. works for me. same with chronicles too. they adjust a raid zone into something for 1-2 players. pretty smart imo.

got to admit..i would love if they did a shit load more chronicles..i really enjoy doing them..mainly because me and the wife have an account and we go in there together..imo this game gets a raw deal with peoples opinions..its one of the few mmo's that tried something different..and at the rate they add content..in time this is gonna be a big world.yes its like the other game that should not be named..but there is a one released a few days ago with the same formula..i find it a bit sad when people stick up for that game..given all the shortcommings it has and have a dig at rift..which is one of the most polished mmo's out there.