Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Official "We're Angry at SOE" thread

1222324252628»

Comments

• UzlebUzleb Member Posts: 162

I still HATE them !

• TheiskareotTheiskareot Member Posts: 43

KARMA SOE...

Yep... we told ya...

KARMA....

• KalferKalfer Member Posts: 779

I would love to get access to the official design documents from SWG pre-release and compare them to SWTOR. The internal synopsis, the original designs from 1999-2000!

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Originally posted by Theiskareot

KARMA SOE...

Yep... we told ya...

KARMA....

Karma, has nothing to do with it. If karma killed SWG that death would have taken place 4-5 years ago. If a game isn't making money SOE kills it, SWTOR killed SWG IMO. Not the game itself mind you, but the prospect of moving those players into a new Lucas product.

I'm sure if SOE had their way they'd keep it going until it cost them to actually run it. One less game is one less reason to pay for full station access.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372

I don't hate them.

But disappointed in their inability to just admit they made a mistake with SWG-nge and to make amends for it.  They wanted money, many of us wanted a classic SWG server.  Sounded like a win/win situation to me that they were too shortsighted and prideful to bring about.

• RyukanRyukan Member UncommonPosts: 829

I don't hate SOE either, I did when they created the NGE now I no longer care about SWG or anything that happens to it. Honestly SWG always felt kind of half-assed to me. I loved the sandbox nature of the game but the story and the overall setting and lack of continuity to the actual Star Wars universe and canon was awful.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713

I like SoE, they are always trying new things in their MMOs and trying to provide lots of features rather than just new dungeons and new gear to grind for.

I do think they need to pay attention to the details a bit more often and focus on polish a little bit. Cash shop can be a bit overwhelming but thats only because I am a horrible impulse buyer and love to buy cosmetic items and what not.

• BullseyeArc1BullseyeArc1 Member UncommonPosts: 410

Originally posted by Fendel84M

I like SoE, they are always trying new things in their MMOs and trying to provide lots of features rather than just new dungeons and new gear to grind for.

I do think they need to pay attention to the details a bit more often and focus on polish a little bit. Cash shop can be a bit overwhelming but thats only because I am a horrible impulse buyer and love to buy cosmetic items and what not.

Anyone want to bet on the date for SOE sunset?     From looking at the thread date 2006, they really have been bleeding subs in all thier games for a long time.    2006 they actually had a million subs 250k SWG, 250k EQ2, and another 500k in the others, 2011 they  likely have less than 200k people playing all thier games.    

Smeds pride and poor buisness model of owning alot of titles and never actually doing anything with them, has payed off big.  Time to fire that lame duck.   

• ThorqemadaThorqemada Member UncommonPosts: 1,282

When EQ3 fails SOE sunset will become night...

"Torquemada... do not implore him for compassion. Torquemada... do not beg him for forgiveness. Torquemada... do not ask him for mercy. Let's face it, you can't Torquemada anything!"

MWO Music Video - What does the Mech say: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF6HYNqCDLI
    Johnny Cash - The Man Comes Around: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0x2iwK0BKM

• GreenHellGreenHell Member UncommonPosts: 1,323

SOE is pretty much a joke now. The quantity over quality approach the company has taken in the past few years just does not work. I would rather have one game with 200k subs than have those same people spread out over 5 or 6 games...but hey thats just me.

• UzlebUzleb Member Posts: 162

Originally posted by poizenviper

its been awhile.... sry for the months i have not posted. but ive been busy playing another game, with that said...........

HOW you doing smed, vets still bashing you ? hows the sub count ? still selling that pile of chit called the nge?  miss us vets ?

one thing , how do you  feel about being the poster boy for { mmo's stupidest tricks } Its funny as hell when i see other publishers say "we will never do what soe did to our customers"!    Says alot about your buiss Smed....

I know you will never read this. but it makes me smile to write it.... peace Smed till i think of you again.....

+bump+

• DarkVagabondDarkVagabond Member UncommonPosts: 340

I saw this thread on the front page and thought to myself.

"This thread should have been started in 2006"

lo and behold, it was!

• loradoveloradove Member UncommonPosts: 62

Locking thread due to necro. Please refrain from bumping old posts.

This discussion has been closed.