Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bounty hunter companion story decisions spoilers {mod edit}

elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Hmm, after writing this I'm not sure if it's a spoiler..I didn't really put any details, but if it is, feel free to move it to the spoilers section, Mods, thanks.  If it is a spoiler, read at your own risk.

I'm playing a full darkside Bounty Hunter and last night I left what would have been my 4th companion to die.  I didn't know at the time he was going to become my companion otherwise I might have opted to save him.  I now have his greyed out profile in my companion list.  

I'm disappointed but not in the game, more in myself for getting so into the darkside choices.  Didn't know the game even allowed you to have such consequences but I'm glad it does.  How's THAT for innovative?  I think it is.  Never had an MMO where the story had such a deep impact on gameplay until now.

Ah well, now I know what my lightside Bounty Hunter will get when I get around to rolling it.  My character is extremely evil so I'm surprised any companions hang around him at all, heheh.  My characters eyes are red now, too and I've got those nasty spide veins all over his face.  

This game...is awesome.  Can't...stop...playing!

Comments

• Fir3lineFir3line Member Posts: 767

I wanna kill Adronikos my Sith inq companion because he wont stop flirting with me and i think its creepy a male char is flirting with me, a guy playing a female char

"I am not a robot. I am a unicorn."

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

In before rabid forum queens who have no MMO to play at the moment.

That sounds like fun! Man it blows chunks playing the goodie two shoes lol. But I'll press on and maybe I'll see the light at the end of the tunnel.

• SupersoupsSupersoups Member Posts: 1,004

Thanks for tip elocke i am going full dark on my BH too but i will surely avoid killing my companion. 

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751

Originally posted by Fir3line

I wanna kill Adronikos my Sith inq companion because he wont stop flirting with me and i think its creepy a male char is flirting with me, a guy playing a female char

Mod edited.

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509

OK, I'll give props to Bioware for putting this sort of mechanic/consequence into the gameplay, that's exactly what should happen.  Done right even on the light side the consequences should result in the possiblity of losing a companion.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• CzelawCzelaw Member UncommonPosts: 173

Lol I did that in beta.....sorry not funny I know I was like awww well hell.....oh well least I dont have to carry any lightside points!

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

i am trying to stay neutral but my freaking companion want to be the holy paladin of sw gees if i go dark he -1 me any way to play around this?

• onthestickonthestick Member Posts: 600

Elocke could you please give us name of the companion if you mind?

How many servers SWTOR will launch with on release?

ShredderSE - Umm how many do they need? Maybe 6.
    US, EU, Asian, France, German and Russian.
    Subs will be so low there is no need for more
    Snoocky-How many servers?
    The first 3 months a lot...after that 2 i guess, one for PVE and 1 for PVP...

Thorbrand - SWTOR doesn't have longevity at all. Might be one of the shortest lived MMOs.

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Okay...I jumped the gun on this one.  Companion is Torian Cadera.  Turns out he didn't die, but the story had me so immersed that I thought he was gone for good.  Won't spoil anymore but it's cool how he still lives.  I did play quite a bit of Taris without him though, due to my choices.

I tell ya, playing Darkside is harder than lightside.  More often than not I have to fight mobs I normally wouldn't and some of the quests I have to come back later after leveling to beat the end boss mob.  So, if you like more challenge, go Darkside.  Course, I haven't gotten far with a character on the light side, so it could be just as challenging but I noticed you get interesting options and probably a bit more xp on light side choices since some take you down interesting avenues in the storyline, like instead of wiping out a battalion, you have to go take down shields or some other alternative method.  

All in all though, still innovative to me as I've never been this immersed in storyline, not even in Lotro, FFXI or WoW's phasing.  Just phenomenal.

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

Hi elocke, I've moved this over to the spoilers forum just in case. But we have a no spoilers in thread titles policy, so I've edited the title. Sorry if it's a bit nondescript, but the Recent Posts page was seeing thie original title whenever anyone posted in here. So it's changed to avoid spoiling anyone indvertently.

Playing a Bounty Hunter myself, so that includes me. :)

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Originally posted by Amana

Hi elocke, I've moved this over to the spoilers forum just in case. But we have a no spoilers in thread titles policy, so I've edited the title. Sorry if it's a bit nondescript, but the Recent Posts page was seeing thie original title whenever anyone posted in here. So it's changed to avoid spoiling anyone indvertently.

Playing a Bounty Hunter myself, so that includes me. :)

No problem, wasn't sure myself as to if it was a spoiler or not, but better safe than sorry.  I'm kind of glad you changed the title of the thread anyway considering I jumped the gun in the first place.  /facepalm

Loving the Bounty Hunter story immensely.  So many epic moments, I can't even imagine how it's going to finish.  Level 35 now and still trucking along.