Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will you be subscribing after the first month?

Comments

• xion12121xion12121 Member UncommonPosts: 199

Definately not I think this game would have been good as a buy once and play free forever. But to charge people monthy for it? not worth it  at all in my Opinion. It's not worthy of a monthly Subscription. 

I would give you a guest pass to SWOTR, but then I wouldn't be able to find a way to live with myself afterwards....

• FrostWolfieFrostWolfie Member UncommonPosts: 54

I participated in the Beta, and thanks to Early Game Access, have been playing the full game since the 13th for a couple of hours each night. I've been working on two characters, one Republic and one Imperial, and it's interesting to see the similarities between the two and yet still marvel at how much content is different for them.

Everything I've experienced to date in-game has convinced me to subscribe for the long run, something no other MMO has ever done. In my opinion, The Old Republic is a very enjoyable game so far and I intend to explore it to the best of my ability. Im subbing for a long time to come.

• xion12121xion12121 Member UncommonPosts: 199

Originally posted by Ashlinde

so that is like 100 yes and maybe 3 no? pretty sure retention is not going to be an issue for a while....

or it coudl be defensive. You have to remember a lot of people shelled out 60 dollars and some $150 dollars for the game so they will justify their purchase regardless whether its good or not. I'm guilty of this too Bought a shooter game and tried to convince myself that the game  was " awsomesauce" when really it wasn't because i couldn't beleive I spent 60 dollars on it. 

This game is no different someone that spent $150 for the collectors edition will pass it off as a good game for them but in essence they could hate it with a passion!

I would give you a guest pass to SWOTR, but then I wouldn't be able to find a way to live with myself afterwards....

• PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108

Didn't read opening post, just the title....

The answer is yes, hell yes!

• SetsunSetsun Member UncommonPosts: 286

Yes. Altho i agree with most of the things Op said, this game is worth it and amazing. Im having a blast and there is no way i would sub toanother MMo, i would miss the story lines too much :P

• PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108

Originally posted by tixylix

What  I don't get is I'm flagged for PVP and yet I've seen no one from the other faction.... like what? When playing WoW back in 2005 you'd always be ganked so what is going on?

People are too busy lvl'ing up right now, I know that, at least for me, the story actually catches, unlike in games with quest text where i couldn't give a rats ass about what the hell the quest giver just said to me, so it'd be more likely to end up in open world PvP had I run into a scumbag from the other faction. heh

I will definitely be in the open PvP areas later on, but right now I'm busy with my story and my HUTTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• FrostWolfieFrostWolfie Member UncommonPosts: 54

Originally posted by xion12121

so that is like 100 yes and maybe 3 no? pretty sure retention is not going to be an issue for a while....

or it coudl be defensive. You have to remember a lot of people shelled out 60 dollars and some $150 dollars for the game so they will justify their purchase regardless whether its good or not. I'm guilty of this too Bought a shooter game and tried to convince myself that the game  was " awsomesauce" when really it wasn't because i couldn't beleive I spent 60 dollars on it. 

This game is no different someone that spent $150 for the collectors edition will pass it off as a good game for them but in essence they could hate it with a passion!

I happily shelled out 150 and would do so again. I do love the game, it does have a few flaws, no game is perfect but its really great starting point to build on. But either way, you seem a bit deluded if you think "most" of us who actually bought the game is really hating it yet saying that we like it due to our purchase.. Thats just silly in -my- opinion.

• Sora2810Sora2810 Member Posts: 567

Can you post a poll?

Played - M59, EQOA, EQ, EQ2, PS, SWG[Favorite], DAoC, UO, RS, MXO, CoH/CoV, TR, FFXI, FoM, WoW, Eve, Rift, SWTOR, TSW.
    Playing - PS2, AoW, GW2

• CrosswireCrosswire Member UncommonPosts: 264

Yes, for six months.

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Double yes, gotta pay for my wife's sub now. Never thought she would leave wow but she has watched me play and was totally sold

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• ZezelZezel Member Posts: 132

Best MMO ever period.

If you don't like a game don't play it, and quit running to MMORPG.com to trash it.

• CrosswireCrosswire Member UncommonPosts: 264

Originally posted by Zezel

Best MMO ever period.

QFT

Rather than add new stuff to the MMO, apart from a proper story, they have took everything that was broken from other MMO's and fixed them.

• ZippyZippy Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,412

Because of your comment I just went and added up the yays and nays.  There were a number of maybes, we will see and comments saying nothing but I left them out.   I did count the people saying they planned to sub for a month or two as a Yes.

The total I got was:

yes 84 - 78%

No 24.  -22%

Maybe like most fanboys your 100-3 might be a slight exaggeration.  A poll would have been a lot better idea.

• FextFext Member Posts: 34

The game will be a great success, it's pretty obvious. They just managed to get a lots of money from people all around the world but with their nice trick they do not need to deliver to them.

So practically they have the cash but there is not that much people logging to the servers. I can't think about better tactics.

Have fun and think about the poor kids and students who bought the game but will not be able to play it because they can't afford the prepaid card and do not have cc. Because they are in fact sponsoring for you. And as an icing on a cake, the days they bought with the game are currently substracting. 

So it's very likely that when these people will be able to give EA the money so they are allowed to use what they paid for there will be nothing left in fact. :) Now this is just genial.

Oh and Merry Christmas to you all.

• wildtalentwildtalent Member UncommonPosts: 380

I will absolutely stay subbed.  Having all the quest be voice acted really imerses me into the storyline.  For once in an MMO I feel like a heroic charcter from the start and the quest lines all stir some level of emotion from me.  I think I will be playing this one for some time to come.

• kastakasta Member Posts: 512

I will keep my subscription going.  I am enjoying the game.  When that stop so does my sub.

• EvileEvile Member Posts: 534

Yes, subbed for 6 months. I am having a blast.

• EliandalEliandal Member Posts: 796

Originally posted by Evile

Yes, subbed for 6 months. I am having a blast.

This.  Did it on the 19th when I got my CE - deciding (thankfully) not to wait until the last minute since I figured no matter how well prepared they were - the system was going to be slammed on the 20th-23rd!

• SvarcanumSvarcanum Member UncommonPosts: 425

Having a blast most of the time now. Logged about 50h of gameplay so far. However with 90% certainty I won't pay for another month. There's near zero replayability and the endgame is a carbon copy of wow's, so I'd rather stay in wow where I know what I get (I do enjoy raiding in wow). Plus the classes are too simply in this game and I can't see myself really delving into class mechincs and get all nerdy in swtor. The money spent on the box will have been superbly extremely well spent though. I'm not disappointed, but I won't play past the 30 days.

S

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Too early to ask this question. You should wait another 2-3 weeks. By then most people would have burned out on the game.

• SatariousSatarious Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

Originally posted by Yamota

Too early to ask this question. You should wait another 2-3 weeks. By then most people would have burned out on the game.

I wouldn't say "most" people will have burned out.  WoW managed to keep a majority of its subscribers interested, and I see Bioware doing the same.  In fact, Bioware has already made an announcement of additional content in January. 

• C1d0sC1d0s Member UncommonPosts: 238

Already 50.

No, I did't RUSH through everything - I simply enjoyed the story that much.

I'll be resubscribing, primarily due to RP and potential operations in the near future.

• keenberkeenber Member UncommonPosts: 438

Big yes allready subed for 3 months best mmo i have played and i have reroled 5 alts and they all fun for lots of different reasons.

Yes i have had a lvl 35 plus char so i know what its like at higher lvl and to me its even more fun the higher you get

• tixylixtixylix Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

Originally posted by Sora2810

Can you post a poll?

I was going to but all that usually happens is people who haven't even bought the game come and click on no, so it a poll really is useless. Would be worth doing on the official forums where you have to pay to post. 

• WarjinWarjin Member UncommonPosts: 1,216

Originally posted by Fext

No.

you lose bro, 9 out of 10 say yes, your troll attempt failed.

O and Yes..