Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Game of the Year

Clear a spot for some Awards Bioware, this is the greatest mmorpg ever created, congratulations.

Of course that's only based on the monstrous growth of subscriptions happening daily and the mobs of happy people actually playing.

Comments

• Dwarfman420Dwarfman420 Member Posts: 207

Actually, Bethesda Studios has that award on lockdown this year.

Maybe an honorable mention based on box sales but not based on it's much touted innovation (Voice overs) or actual gameplay.

Quite a grandios post though.

• IAmMMOIAmMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,462

famous last words, watch this space in 3 months time. ;p

• krikeelkrikeel Member UncommonPosts: 56

First game I have subcribed to since Rift.  So far I love it.

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    It easily mmorpg of the year, but those never are recognized as game of the year. Mmo gamers are simply nit as numerous as other games.

SWTOR is probably MY game of the year, but the safe bet is obviously Skyrim.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359
    Originally posted by rdrpappy

Clear a spot for some Awards Bioware, this is the greatest mmorpg ever created, congratulations.
    Of course that's only based on the monstrous growth of subscriptions happening daily and the mobs of happy people actually playing.

In a shocking and unexpected development, a very hyped game from a popular developer based on a popular IP has sold lots of copies in its release week.

This is quite an auspicious event and clearly proves that any predictions about SWTOR's future accolades must be true!

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• ZefireZefire Member Posts: 676

To tell u the truth  whenever bethesda releases an elderscrolls series the game of the year place is reserved.

Simply because they create the best atmosphere ever.

• Didn't it come out too late in the year to be in for the 2011 GOTY awards?

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Originally posted by Dwarfman420

Actually, Bethesda Studios has that award on lockdown this year.

Maybe an honorable mention based on box sales but not based on it's much touted innovation (Voice overs) or actual gameplay.

Quite a grandios post though.

I love Skyrim but considering the PS3 debacle, I'm not sure they deserve that award right now.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356

SWToR is not even in Top3 RPGs this year

• PigozzPigozz Member UncommonPosts: 886

Originally posted by Creslin321

In a shocking and unexpected development, a very hyped game from a popular developer based on a popular IP has sold lots of copies in its release week.

This is quite an auspicious event and clearly proves that any predictions about SWTOR's future accolades must be true!

:D

Yeah Im still surprised by these kind of proclamation ... It was GIVEN that SWTOR will have huge box sales - no one ever doubt that... the real trial for it will come after the initial month and if they managed to keep the subs..which they need to if they ever want to add new content - VOed , which is pretty expensive

I think I actually spent way more time reading and theorycrafting about MMOs than playing them

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

That sword cuts both ways.  As a prognosticator, his odds are no worse than the other guys' (posts 3 & 10)

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

bwahahahahahaha

OP is always good for some entertaining threads

• MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614

Wow what a surprise...........rdrpappy starting a nother fanboi thread.

• InFaVillaInFaVilla Member Posts: 592

Originally posted by Icewhite

That sword cuts both ways.  As a prognosticator, his odds are no worse than the other guys' (posts 3 & 10)

First of all, post 10 was not a prediction, but an opinion about which are the overall best  RPGs this year. 

Furthermore, even though we are unable to know the probability p used for the odds p/(1-p), it doesn't mean that p does not exist and that p is equal for both post 3 and the quoted one. Until you can give an accurate estimation of both probabilities, a comment such as "As a prognosticator, his odds are no worse than the other guys" is unfounded.

• rdrpappyrdrpappy Member Posts: 325

All I hear is how we have to wait for 6 months for it to fail? get real. This game deserves top spot, it is quickly positioning itself based on subscriptions and overwhelming positive reviews to be the premier mmorpg.

In 6 months the subscriptions will be many millions and that my confused little friends is a fact, if that is painfull to understand I cant help you.

Try going over to your favorite games forum, I guarantee you I dont post there, what's your purpose for posting here? to try and change the mind of the 2 million people playing it? pretty ambitious, but good luck with that.

SWTOR mmorpg of the year.

• Dekarx12Dekarx12 Member UncommonPosts: 380

SIGH... this is just another thread to add to the fire of the war of is TOR crap or not... really y?? all I've been seein in these forums for the last week is haters and fanboys of one game... its getting really tiring... move on