Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Account Corruption and missing registration codes

So, I talked one of my rl friends into playing swtor and hes been having a blast.  Hes on vacation starting today until the first of January and was going to do a lot of swtor gaming this weekend.

He tried logging into his account this morning and saw that he had no active subscription.  He did enter his redemption code for the game just didnt enter his credit card info to subscribe so what he was seeing made sense.

this was until he tried to set up his subscription and it wouldnt take any of his info.  It was also telling him that he didnt have a registered game on the account. 

To make long stories short he just got off the phone with tech support and the CSR told him that the last patch corrupted some accounts product codes and they were going to have to resolve this on a one-on-one basis.  It could take up to 24 hours for his account to be reinstated.

In order to do this however you have to prove to them you purchased the game.  Luckily for him it was done electronically so he just forwarded all the info to the CSR.  I just have to think though, what if you bought the box?  How many of us keep our reciepts?  They basically need a proof of purchase emailed or faxed.

Also according to twitter a lot of folks have recieved boxed copies without a product registration code.  They have to fax their hard copy reciepts to EA.

Look, Im loving the game honestly and Im not one of the SWTOR haters.. but I guess im just putting this out there because I know my friend is not alone and if you're one of these folks whos having this issue I really feel for you.  I hope they compensate you folks somehow with something a little more than gametime.  Id expect this issue to be blowing up within the next several hours since this just happened this morning.

Comments

• MetentsoMetentso Member UncommonPosts: 1,437

This is really a major issue. Some heads will roll.

• teromousteromous Member Posts: 13

Wow...if this is true, EA has really sunk the Bismarck...

• CeridithCeridith Member UncommonPosts: 2,980

Originally posted by VooDoo_Papa

Also according to twitter a lot of folks have recieved boxed copies without a product registration code.  They have to fax their hard copy reciepts to EA.

Boxed copies from where?

If they're through GameStop, then I have a feeling that it's not EA's fault for those issues.

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530

I wish you luck with EA support, you'll need it.

• CeridithCeridith Member UncommonPosts: 2,980

Originally posted by zymurgeist

It's true. It sucks. It's being fixed. It's not that widespread. EA having poor customer service facilities isn't helping.

Originally posted by Ceridith

Boxed copies from where?

If they're through GameStop, then I have a feeling that it's not EA's fault for those issues.

It's not gamestop. It's a problem with the packager. Most of the copies without codes went to Europe, which only makes it worse. A lot of them were collector's editions

I agree, that's much worse.

But unfortunately retailer employee theft has also become a growing issue these days... all the more reason to buy the digital copy of games. That's not much of an option for the collector's edition though.