Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Update on site advertisements please?

ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

Wondering how the 'toning down' of the site adverts are coming along?

MikeB had said-

Hi guys,

After reviewing the situation we honestly don't feel that the ads we're featuring on the site are worse than anything shown on TV, magazines, or other websites. With that said, we expect that advertisements on the site will be a little less 'risque' in the coming weeks.

Thanks everyone for your feedback!

My mother came to my house today, and walked by the PC(i leave this site up most times) and called me over to ask about the pictures lol. You can imagine my face and stuttered reaction when she gave me that look like 'something is wrong with you...'

These are what she saw:imageimage

So was just wondering if/when the updates will be done. Couple weeks have passed, so i figured i'd ask.(Not telling you what to do with your site ofc, mike had said they would be changing, so thought i'd ask since my experience made me think about it again)image

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

Comments

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Checking in for you. :)

• NMStudioNMStudio Member Posts: 376

Thanks for looking into it Mike.  A lot of us like to log in from work or school, but it can be quite dangerous at times.

• headphonesheadphones Member Posts: 611

i for one don't mind the "risque" ones. all i get is wow. image

open the front page and it's three wow ads. every time. i'm DREAMING of one of those "risque" ones. at least they're nice to look at.

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

Thanks Mike ^_^

Maybe if it was just the little box adds that had it it'd be more unnoticed, but when the whole background of the page is them....well, it's almost like i came to the site to see that(to her anyways lol).

That being said this situation with my mom or anyone else hasnt ever happened, i find no distaste in them personally. My wife accepted it after i showed her it was a forum website and not an anime pron page.image

The Deep Web is sca-ry.