Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Sandbox MMO of 2011?

username509username509 Member CommonPosts: 635

Seems like Mortal Online is about to win top sandbox MMO of 2011.

http://sandboxer.org/?p=354

It's getting WAY more votes than Darkfall.

It also seems like very few Eve players visit Sandboxer hehe...

Never trust a screenshot or a youtube video without a version stamp!

Comments

• only Sandbox of 2011? oh wait were there 3? so first place out of 3...everyone gets a trophy.

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596

Mortal was one of those sandbox games I had high hopes for.  I never did actually play it because there was a bunch of weirdness arounf launch time, and it sounds like it still needs quite a bit more development.  I'd love to hear the opinions of people who actually play it.  The game sounded so good (as a sandbox) on paper back when I was following it.  But then, so did Xsyon.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• headenheaden Member UncommonPosts: 229

Originally posted by username509
    Seems like Mortal Online is about to win top sandbox MMO of 2011.
    http://sandboxer.org/?p=354
    It's getting WAY more votes than Darkfall.
    It also seems like very few Eve players visit Sandboxer hehe...

Too bad Darkfall is getting way more of my money right now than Mortal is, even with DFO being a grin-fest of a mess, at least I can find joy in the cluttered up mess.

• steelfrenzysteelfrenzy Member Posts: 147

Originally posted by MindTrigger

Mortal was one of those sandbox games I had high hopes for.  I never did actually play it because there was a bunch of weirdness arounf launch time, and it sounds like it still needs quite a bit more development.  I'd love to hear the opinions of people who actually play it.  The game sounded so good (as a sandbox) on paper back when I was following it.  But then, so did Xsyon.

Are you kidding me? If you want opinions, just look around. I, and many others, have made it very clear how things work in Mortal Online.

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411

Meh, it's sandboxer, that site have proven it is crap on numerious occasions :P

• travdotytravdoty Member UncommonPosts: 274

Originally posted by Toferio

This one hasn't?

• NorpanNorpan Member CommonPosts: 319
    Originally posted by travdoty

This one hasn't?

lol. Touché!!!
  • YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

88 voters? That sample size is way too small to be anywhere near accurate.

This one hasn't?

Nope.

It is rather pop nowdays to call trolls on sites you disagree with, as it is between MO commuinty and this one, but when a site makes a list of best sandboxes and leaves UO out of top 5 it says a lot of it's credibility. Sure, it is not all shiny 3D, but I dont think you can argue that it has more sand then either MO or DF (I dont play either on that list thou). You could argue that it too is an example of me simply disagreeing with the site, but a sandbox site that leaves out several well known or recent sandbox titles? Yeah right..

• raff01raff01 Member Posts: 453

Pretty laughable. there are 147 votes only,  most of which are probably the MO community voting for MO.

And you know why? because people playing DFO or EVE don't care to waste time going voting for their MMO to be #1 because they don't feel the need to.

Only the MO community are going to try and vote so they have at least something they can brag about since the game is so bad.

• darthturtle1darthturtle1 Member Posts: 208

The poll leaves out UO and Perpetuum.  This site is a joke.  If anyine can not tell it is a MO hype site they are blind.  Everytime MO has a patch it does a full story on it but yet EVE just had a expansion and all it had was a link.  Let me give a few examples.

They did this story on MO saying that what the guild database shows it has to be aroound 4000 subs.  There are dead guilds and people who do not even play anymore in the database.

http://sandboxer.org/?p=297

Bad reporting??

A review of SWTOR on a sanbox site??

http://sandboxer.org/?p=261

Here they are saying MO is the closet thing to Skyrim.  But they way they do it you can say a ,ot of games are like Skyrim

http://sandboxer.org/?p=264

LOL and here is the only recent thing about EVE they have wehn we all know EVE is the king of the sandbox right now.  Just a link not even a news story about it.

http://sandboxer.org/?p=249

This site is more about hype than actual news.  The only people that use it are MO people because username hypes it here and on MO.  I am starting to think it is his site.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508

There is only one good sandbox MMORPG right now, EVE.

/end discussion

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607

Thanks for poiting this poll out to us. Now EvE is in 1st. =P

Lol @ EVE passing up MO in a heartbeat.

This one hasn't?

Nope.

It is rather pop nowdays to call trolls on sites you disagree with, as it is between MO commuinty and this one, but when a site makes a list of best sandboxes and leaves UO out of top 5 it says a lot of it's credibility. Sure, it is not all shiny 3D, but I dont think you can argue that it has more sand then either MO or DF (I dont play either on that list thou). You could argue that it too is an example of me simply disagreeing with the site, but a sandbox site that leaves out several well known or recent sandbox titles? Yeah right..

Nice job reporting me buddy image

• darthturtle1darthturtle1 Member Posts: 208

I am glad Henrik puts stock in that crap website.

CEO

I hope you vote for us!!

Henrik Nystrom is online now Report Post 

Send a message via MSN to Tizio Send a message via Skype™ to Tizio

ofc! 

edit: what the heck! eve is winning :angry:

Yeah, wonder why.. image