Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Oil and Gas Industry

2»

Comments

• SoulSurferSoulSurfer Member UncommonPosts: 1,024

Originally posted by Ekibiogami

Originally posted by killerTwinkie

Any clue what the dress code is for an interview in oil?

As with any interview, as nice as you can. Clean shaven is a good idea to. (Depending on the area of work, you might have to wear a gas mask)

I showed up in professional dress wear, and all the guys in the office were quite intimidating, (I might actually grow some hair on my chest this time)  they looked rough, and were not fucking around at all...

As for the interview, he was like "I'm not the interviewing type, welcome aboard".... And then I shit my pants because I could not belive it.  Amazing. =D

and then in 3 minutes of being hired, he actually looked at my resume and was like, oh btw, you just got a raise.

HOLY FUCK <3

(my  dad told me mid east just opened up a bunch of stuff, and oil is gonna flow like mad like it's going out of style, talk about great timing! =D

• killerTwinkiekillerTwinkie Member CommonPosts: 1,694

OIl is a big deal. It's going to be an even bigger deal. As countries around the world industrialize they'll need more oil to support the habit. This means a boom needs to occur, such as we have now. This boom will eventually BUST, but that won't be for some time.

Best of luck in the oil field man! It's not an easy job, it's definitely stressful, and i've already witnessed a few people pass away. Good luck out there and hope the best for you :)

PS: If you don't mind me asking, what type of perks did you get with the job? Truck allowance, per diem... and how much yearly? You can PM me these answers should you choose to answer them.

KillerTwinkie - That one guy who used to mod mmorpg.com's forums.

• SoulSurferSoulSurfer Member UncommonPosts: 1,024

Originally posted by killerTwinkie

OIl is a big deal. It's going to be an even bigger deal. As countries around the world industrialize they'll need more oil to support the habit. This means a boom needs to occur, such as we have now. This boom will eventually BUST, but that won't be for some time.

Best of luck in the oil field man! It's not an easy job, it's definitely stressful, and i've already witnessed a few people pass away. Good luck out there and hope the best for you :)

PS: If you don't mind me asking, what type of perks did you get with the job? Truck allowance, per diem... and how much yearly? You can PM me these answers should you choose to answer them.

P.M. Sent

I start training on the 3rd, and get my CDL that week I think, plus all my boots, and equipment.  This is going to be an adventure, I just hope I don't die.