Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

20 people?

Unread Today, 02:52

#1 (permalink)

Arena Champion

default Towns and PP

So Discord told me in IRC this is how towns work when you own them (correct me if wrong):

-For each member in town you gain 200 PP.

-When you own a town you start at -2000 PP (if your town has an average of 0 players you get -2000PP/day), if it has 20 people you get 0 PP/day and so on)

-Players are counted every 30 mins, and in the end of the day an average is made and PP is added/removed from the guild's PP bank.

Discussion: So, Discord also said their data says that there's an average of 15 players per town at any given moment. Now when I go to a major town like MK, I hardly ever see more then 5 people, much less consistently.

These numbers seem waaaaay off and in my opinion need balancing. AQ wants to do the MK community project, but if we have to keep farming PP by the thousands in a dailie basis, I srsly can't see how this is possible.

So, do you think a normal town has 15 players in every given moment? or you think these numbers are a bit off and need to be balanced? Discuss.

So you need a sustained average of 20 people just hanging in town to actually break even.  The people that have owned towns say they are only getting an average of 5.  They also say the population is too low for this system to work correctly.

Unread Today, 03:16

#2 (permalink)

As the owners of Bakti, which is a fairly busy place, I doubt we have 15 in town at anyone time. I can tell you that starting off at -2000 and then counting people in town every 30 minutes and then giving an average of PP at the end of the day is costing us PP. We may have people that run into town, banks stuff or sell stuff, and then run out. They are not there when the "accounting" takes place. Therefore we are not getting the needed PP to Keep the town, if it works as you explained. Unlike other Guilds, we can farm PP everyday but should we have to? We have a busy town...

RanKor

Of

ForSaken

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/69879-towns-pp.html

Comments

• raff01raff01 Member Posts: 453

Pretty much what happens when you design a MMO to be completely player driven and there are no players...

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

1. Reward people for hanging around in towns.

2. Add thieves and stealing in the game.

3. ???

• steelfrenzysteelfrenzy Member Posts: 147

Uh... -2000 a day, and you need 20 people to break even... but each person contributes 200?

Typo?

50% tax-rate?

Some...  other reason?

• ShabaleShabale Member UncommonPosts: 44

Anyone tried registering 20 trial accounts and leaving them logged-on in town, handing hidden in some building ?

• RedRocketRedRocket Member CommonPosts: 154

Originally posted by Shabale

Anyone tried registering 20 trial accounts and leaving them logged-on in town, handing hidden in some building ?

Probably. :D

• raff01raff01 Member Posts: 453

Don't you find it ironic that the towns in MO have the same problem as SV itself? not enough players to break even lol

• NeoptolemusNeoptolemus Member Posts: 242

I predict an explosion in the number of trial accounts looking to exploit this system. Id like to think that Henrik wouldn't then claim this as a sign that TC was a success at bringing new players to the game but the cynical side of me suggests he probably will.

• malcster505malcster505 Member Posts: 4

Originally posted by Neoptolemus

I predict an explosion in the number of trial accounts looking to exploit this system. Id like to think that Henrik wouldn't then claim this as a sign that TC was a success at bringing new players to the game but the cynical side of me suggests he probably will.

They already said trial accounts don't get counted in this, otherwise there would definately be an explosion of trial accounts ;p

• RedRocketRedRocket Member CommonPosts: 154

Originally posted by malcster505

They already said trial accounts don't get counted

And I believe it in a month if I haven't heard the opposite by then. :|