Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The best rpg ever made

This is now the biggest title in AAA mmorpg's, it will clearly be the most subscribed to and most popular because millions of people have decided to play this amazing mmorpg Star Wars the Old Republic.

But atleast there will be plenty of space in the other titles for gamers who can't like this one, see everyone wins.

That doesn't offend anyone does it? just a little positive feedback based on the reality of the current and rapid growth of the game, posted politely here on the SWTOR forum.

Comments

• tkoreapertkoreaper Member UncommonPosts: 412

...by matter of opinion.

/Fixed.

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

Originally posted by rdrpappy

This is now the biggest title in AAA mmorpg's, it will clearly be the most subscribed to and most popular because millions of people have decided to play this amazing mmorpg Star Wars the Old Republic.

But atleast there will be plenty of space in the other titles for gamers who can't like this one, see everyone wins.

That doesn't offend anyone does it? just a little positive feedback based on the reality of the current and rapid growth of the game, posted politely here on the SWTOR forum.

Glad you're satisfied. I can't say that I agree with you but I'm happy to hear people feel that this game will be a success.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

Are you joking?  Archage will make SW:TOR look like a really bad game.  Seriously...want to see a good game, with great graphics, amazing game play, and no it is not a themepark...but a sandpark..because it gives players the best of both worlds.   What more could you ask for?  No it is your opinion the SW:TOR is a the best RPG ever...I think in he very near future a game like Archage would crush SW:TOR like a human stepping on an ant.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Same as it was with Age of Conan , Warhammer Online , Vanguard ... the list goes on.

Enjoy your honeymoon period mate, cause it doesnt get better than that.

• BlackUhuruBlackUhuru Member Posts: 770

Nope i would say it's going to be one of the biggest selling single player with people around console games ever and EA will make you pay for it more then once.

"It would be awesome if you could duel your companion. Then you could solo pvp".--Thanes

• RidrithRidrith Member RarePosts: 805

Alright, as much as I hate to agree with Teala simply because I think most of her opinions are terrible, especially when it comes to games...  I'm gonna have to agree with her,  SWTOR in the grand scheme of things is a bad game.  Well I take that back, it's not bad.  It's generic.  It's a standard MMO.  Nothing special, and Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Baldur's Gate, etc all provide a much better rpg experience.

Quick recap.

1.  SWTOR - No.

2.  Teala - No.

I like to complain about games.
  • CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Each to their own...

But i think SWTOR is jsut a big waste of a star wars IP.. The only decent parts abotu the game is that its star wars and the interactive story that will get boring the second time you do it...

Other than that it is a run of the mill themepark wow clone and if you like that then thats fine good for you but to me its everything that is bad about MMORPGs at the moment.. nearly every AAA MMORPG released at the moment is basically the same game with a different skin and a couple of different features and you know what i got bored of that when they released WOW..

I guess the cash is there for them tho with all the kiddies lapping it up..

So no I do not agree with your opinion of this being the best game ever LOL, its actually very far from it.

• JimmacJimmac Member UncommonPosts: 1,660

Originally posted by tkoreaper

...by matter of opinion.

/Fixed.

Of course it was only his opinion. Who did you think he was speaking for, everyone? It can be assumed that people are speaking only for themselves unless they specifically note otherwise.

And SWTOR isn't even remotely close to the best RPG ever...that is kind of ridiculous.

I have been following Archage since the first video I ever saw of this game and the more I see and what it has to offer, the more I think this will make all current MMORPG's in the US look like crap.    This game has it all and more...mounted combat, siege warfare, ships, ship building, cities, city building, crafting system like nothing seen in a game since SWG, great themepark game play mixed with sandbox game play...seriously...this game has it all and all the people currently beta testing love it.   I mean come on huge a sea monsters that can attack yu at sea.   Naval battles!  Players and the player crews control the ships and the guns!  Huge world to explore.    This is an MMORPG.

No SW:TOR is not even close to how this game will be.   SW:TOR could be a great game...no doubt...but it'll have to go a long way before it can even compete with a game like Archage.  ^_^

Bring it on! Give us Archage!

• TJixleeTJixlee Member Posts: 159

i enjoy reading someone positive for once. i just got back from one of the 4 launch parties around the world with BW employees there. and elt me tell you this game is IT!

FYI everyone on this website can never be satisfied so its best to just ignore them

• RavenRaven Member UncommonPosts: 2,005
    Originally posted by Teala

Are you joking?  Archage will make SW:TOR look like a really bad game.  Seriously...want to see a good game, with great graphics, amazing game play, and no it is not a themepark...but a sandpark..because it gives players the best of both worlds.   What more could you ask for?  No it is your opinion the SW:TOR is a the best RPG ever...I think in he very near future a game like Archage would crush SW:TOR like a human stepping on an ant.

Ohh yeah and when we can plug our brains into the game that will blow swtor and archage.out of the water it will be like the sun exploding and vaporizing the earth and everything in between. Now can ppl play a good game they like or do we have to play the games you approve and arent even released?

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Originally posted by TJixlee

i enjoy reading someone positive for once. i just got back from one of the 4 launch parties around the world with BW employees there. and elt me tell you this game is IT!

FYI everyone on this website can never be satisfied so its best to just ignore them

Not everyone wants the same thing so yeah you are partly right not everyone will be pleased with the game..

Some people will like it.. others will hate it..

I am a hater and double so because its yet another waste of the Star Wars IP LOL

Originally posted by rav3n2

Ohh yeah and when we can plug our brains into the game that will blow swtor and archage.out of the water it will be like the sun exploding and vaporizing the earth and everything in between. Now can ppl play a good game they like or do we have to play the games you approve and arent even released?

Sure when people stop pronouncing SW:TOR as the second coming.   See what I did there.  ;p

I'm sure if your hanging out with BW employees they better say there game is IT lol.

When they sobber up and subs start to drop they will all scratch there heads and ask "what happened it's Star Wars?"

"It would be awesome if you could duel your companion. Then you could solo pvp".--Thanes

Sure when people stop pronouncing SW:TOR as the second coming.   See what I did there.  ;p

Wow really? Is that your best argument? When you say this is the best cake ever.should someone knock on their.door to tell them otherwise, and what sort of entitled authority are you to tell them otherwise. This isnt the second coming to me but stop being arrogant to others cause they dont like the.games u like.

Sent from my phone spelling etc.

• Dekarx12Dekarx12 Member UncommonPosts: 380

LOL to this thread... TOR is another rift give it a month or 2 and no one will give it another thought... guarentee.. cya in 2 months :)

Wow really? Is that your best argument? When you say this is the best cake ever.should someone knock on their.door to tell them otherwise, and what sort of entitled authority are you to tell them otherwise. This isnt the second coming to me but stop being arrogant to others cause they dont like the.games u like.

I like Archage...

Originally posted by Dekarx12

LOL to this thread... TOR is another rift give it a month or 2 and no one will give it another thought... guarentee.. cya in 2 months :)

^^ This

But Rift is actualy a better mmo in every aspect except it's not Star Wars.

• Dekarx12Dekarx12 Member UncommonPosts: 380

Originally posted by BlackUhuru

^^ This

I know it is, but I'm just saying (predicting) TOR is going down the same path as rift it was awsome for 1-2 months then everyone got over it capeed out at 50, leveled some alts instanced, raided and in the end the main city was a  hub for instance grinding, nothing to do anymore and moved on... Star Wars IP or not then same WoWish gameplay will be its downfall

^^ This

Not for me personally I played the beta and just didnt buy Rift cause it just didnt appeal to me for a number of reasons, I dont know how this will do in 2 months but for me personally it is much better than rift only time will tell.

• steelfrenzysteelfrenzy Member Posts: 147

Face, meet palm.

If this is the best, then doom, I predict!

• rdrpappyrdrpappy Member Posts: 325

I'm sure if your hanging out with BW employees they better say there game is IT lol.

When they sobber up and subs start to drop they will all scratch there heads and ask "what happened it's Star Wars?"

Actually they woke up and realized they need more servers, a bigger net to scoop up the cash and started working on the  additional content they are going to add for the millions of new gamers playing it.

But your version has better hyperbole.

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123

Lol, Archeage is a Korean MMO, made for the Asian Market, everyone here knows what that mean. ABout swtor, i just finished the chapter one of my jk history, is just amazing, without a single doubt the best MMO that i have played, and i cant imagine myself playing another MMO, without VO and the quality of the story that we find in stwor, and probably thats whats gonna happen at the end, after swtor, we will find bored almost everything. And is just the beginning.

• Ambros123Ambros123 Member Posts: 877

*roll eyes*  *facepalm*

Best RPG ever?  Yeahhhh right.  No MMO is EVER be a best RPG.  Hell, Mass Effect tromps SWTOR to the ground and grinds it under it's foot from an RPG perspective.  It's grindsome, lack of character developement, horrible dialogue (corney ass says or times when one rolls their eyes at some dialogue) not to mention many other things.  It's laughable how people try to talk SWTOR as some great RPG game which it is definately not.  It's good and definately the best RPG element when compared to other MMOs, however I and many others don't play MMOs for it's RPG element. 

It'll be a good MMO most likely and moderately successful. 

• Ambros123Ambros123 Member Posts: 877

Actually they woke up and realized they need more servers, a bigger net to scoop up the cash and started working on the  additional content they are going to add for the millions of new gamers playing it.

But your version has better hyperbole.

Ohhh yes... let's have a pissing contest of success vs fail of SWTOR.