Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Godspeed and may the Force be with you

Well, we are all veterans now.

I want to thank everyone who had anything  to do with the wonderful experience that was SWG - the greatest game I everv played. Love you all. God bless and mat the Force be with you.

Comments

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167

Originally posted by Fishermage

Well, we are all veterans now.

I want to thank everyone who had anything  to do with the wonderful experience that was SWG - the greatest game I everv played. Love you all. God bless and mat the Force be with you.

I tried watching the live stream of the last night of SWG, was sad to watch, for many reasons including the lack of population which lead to it's shutting down.

I'll never forget the good old days of packed servers, learning as a noob that 200 credits and a melon are worthless, trying to make that green droid stop bugging you at the worst times, getting lost on Tatooine because you don't have credits for a shuttle, running across new friends in the wild, dueling in the cantinas to piss of the entertainers, laughing at stupid bugs like Imp officers and Storm Troopers dancing for each other on Dantooine, dodging storm trooper scans in Theed while you were unbuffed, getting stuck in dynamic spawns, afk macroing something annoying for hours while you did something outside the game, getting knocked off you vehicle by a Nightsister you never saw, laughing at the Wookiee who starts barfing after taking Nuetron Pixie *arrrf arrf arrrf* taking screenshots of really funny things, watching people talk crap then get steam rolled, smoking and exploding speeder bikes outside the Geo lab, green hair, really odd charater names, forum trolling till GarVa locked you thread with a funny closing reply, Tiggs getting shit canned over telling us about the CU .

All memories now, keep em safe.

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

Fishermage... seems like a long time since have seen you post anything, mostly since the whole NGE debacle i suspect.. but.. for what its worth, SWG will probably always be a milestone in MMO gaming, warts and all, the good, the incredibly bad, it will probably always represent a 'how not to' in MMO gaming,  nevertheless, i will always remember it as being one of my favourite games, although for me, it died a long time ago, when SOE/LA put the boot in and decided social gaming was not as important as 'iconic' shooty gaming..  image

• hipiaphipiap Member UncommonPosts: 393

Very well put Fisher...

I know we didn't always see eye to eye on the Galaxies forums...and could even waste a thread bickering as I recall.

But you always did have a way with words.

/DeepHonorable Bow

MMO History: 2528 days in SW:G